2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#180598 - 17/10/06 06:52 PM power washers
Anonymous
Unregistered

so i have heard that if you get a power washer to strong it will take off wax and paint even sometimes, i was just wondering if someone could tell me a safe psi that works.

thanks

#180599 - 17/10/06 07:36 PM Re: power washers
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by xXx 4x4:
so i have heard that if you get a power washer to strong it will take off wax and paint even sometimes, i was just wondering if someone could tell me a safe psi that works.
Safe? Not using a power washer on your paint [Freak]

Me, I use a brush that hooks up to the hose . The continuous wash of water washes away dirt as I brush. I use the soap from my Mr. Clean car wash system. I then rinse the truck down and use the spot free wash for the final rinse. Works really well...

#180600 - 18/10/06 05:48 AM Re: power washers
Anonymous
Unregistered

1500-1750 psi will be fine, I have been using one for the last 25 years and have not had a problem. Just take it easy with the distance you keep the tip from the surface.

#180601 - 06/11/06 04:59 PM Re: power washers
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got a good deal from Amazon on this:

It was $80, free shipping & came with a free extention hose. The same setup is $127 now, but still has free shipping.

Watch your Sunday ads, I've seen them an sale at checker & Pep Boys too.

1300 psi is good from cleaning & won't do any damage. I wouldn't go any higher that 1700 or so.

#180602 - 06/11/06 05:01 PM Re: power washers
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can drill holes in concrete with a power washer, but if you are carefull, and pay attention, there is nothing better. laugh

#180603 - 06/11/06 05:41 PM Re: power washers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DocNo:
Quote:
Originally posted by xXx 4x4:
[b]so i have heard that if you get a power washer to strong it will take off wax and paint even sometimes, i was just wondering if someone could tell me a safe psi that works.
Safe? Not using a power washer on your paint [Freak]

Me, I use a brush that hooks up to the hose . The continuous wash of water washes away dirt as I brush. I use the soap from my Mr. Clean car wash system. I then rinse the truck down and use the spot free wash for the final rinse. Works really well...[/b]
Hey I use one of these too. Great product, as long as you dont mind buying the filters.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal