shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#180632 - 09/05/03 09:48 PM Fungus on window trim
Peanut Butter Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Or something like it.

I noticed that there was some sort of green growth on the trim at the bottom of my rear windows. Well I washed my X figuring that it would go away during the processes. Well it didn't. Any idea what I could use to get rid of it?

#180633 - 10/05/03 04:02 AM Re: Fungus on window trim
DaveDatsun Offline

Loc: Sahuarita, AZ
Try wiping the green growth with dilute bleach. (3 water:1 bleach) That should kill it. May take more than one application. Rinse with water, rub remains off with rag. Apply your favorite dressing/surface treatment to the rubber.

dave and xtoy - like chlorine in a swimming pool cool

#180634 - 11/05/03 06:31 AM Re: Fungus on window trim
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
That 3 parts water to 1 part bleach sounds a little strong. For vinyl siding on a home, people usally recommend 1 part bleach, to 9 parts water. Brush on mixture/lightly scub affected area with a nylon bristle brush (keep it off the metal surfaces as much as possible), wait 10 minutes, and hose the whole area off with PLENTY of water. Repeat if necessary. Keep in mind that 3 - 6% sodium hypochlorite (common store bought bleach) corroides the shit out of exposed metal.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#180635 - 14/05/03 07:02 AM Re: Fungus on window trim
bonesnTX Offline

Loc: TEXAS
CONSAN TRIPLE ACTION is an anit-fungal disinfectant you can get at a hardware store...See post this section about pet odor removal. I would not use any bleach solution on a vehicle except it is great for tire cleaning.

[Wave]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal