2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#180736 - 05/07/05 08:42 AM Stupid accident
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, just wanted to share my experience and get some suggestions from you guys.
I got into an accident and damaged right side of the rear bumper and right plastic fascia. the bumper has some dents and scratches; fascia had a dent, but I was able to push it out by hands. Now it's just a bit deformed. I was considering buying new bumper and fascia from xterraparts.com or making repairs myself. I was told that if I use a heat gun I'll be able to restore the form of the plastic fascia since it hardly has any scratches. The bumper has to be repainted on the right side. My concern was if I were to buy this plastic fascia whould it be the same color (I have 03 X and on the website they have 02 body parts)? And where can I get grey paint for the bumper. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

#180737 - 05/07/05 03:06 PM Re: Stupid accident
Anonymous
Unregistered

Due to sun fading etc.. if you buy a plastic piece it may not match perfectly, Id be willing to bet it would be real close though.As far as finding an exact match on paint good luck I can't find anything that is exact even from nissan,probably becouse my plastic has been sitting in the sun.

#180738 - 05/07/05 05:51 PM Re: Stupid accident
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anything can be matched, if you have the time and the money. Get the paint code for the grey, paint it and eventually it will fade close to the rest. laugh

#180739 - 06/07/05 10:49 AM Re: Stupid accident
Anonymous
Unregistered

How can I locate the paint code for the bumper. My car's color is Silver Ice, but the bumper itself painted plain grey. Is there a code for it somewhere. I just don't want to end up repainting the whole bumper.

#180740 - 06/07/05 10:51 AM Re: Stupid accident
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex K.:
How can I locate the paint code for the bumper. My car's color is Silver Ice, but the bumper itself painted plain grey. Is there a code for it somewhere. I just don't want to end up repainting the whole bumper.
paint code should be on a sticker on the drivers door for the body color.. you're looking for the bumpers flat grey color code?? ha, me too frown
id just have a paint shop flash it and match it that way

#180741 - 06/07/05 11:10 AM Re: Stupid accident
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is a paint code for every auto mfg color they use. Go to a good body shop or someplace that sells professional paint. There is a paint code for that grey.

What, you think some guy gets up in the morning, goes to work at Nissan and stirs up a couple of gallons of grey paint. laugh

#180742 - 06/07/05 11:35 AM Re: Stupid accident
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Or, Plan B - Go for it, and use the damage as an excuse for an upgrade!

wink

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#180743 - 06/07/05 12:55 PM Re: Stupid accident
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rear bumper, not the front one.
Are there any mods for the rear bumper?

#180744 - 12/07/05 08:43 AM Re: Stupid accident
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm looking for the same paint for my 05 X but haven't had any luck....Tried courtesyparts but they don't carry bumper paint. If anyone figures out a match let me know. I may get a few cans of krylon and try spraying a few different pieces of metal to see how close them match...then just paint the whole rear bumper over.

#180745 - 13/07/05 07:24 AM Re: Stupid accident
Anonymous
Unregistered

why dont you jsut rustoleum all the fascias now and make them nice and black? mmmm hammered finished...

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal