2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#181062 - 21/05/03 11:44 AM Changing out the dashboard trim?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a 2002 Xterra XE and I was wondering if anyone has ever switched out the dashboard. I am wanting to replace the center part of the dash (that goes around the radio), the bezel, the piece around the shifters, the door handles, and the trim above the glove box. I have seen a 2002 Supercharged Xterra that has the titanium trim and I would like to switch mine from black to the titanium. I went to the dealer and got a price for all of the pieces, however, the bezel is the one piece that I am unsure about. Has anyone ever removed this piece before?

#181063 - 21/05/03 12:06 PM Re: Changing out the dashboard trim?
rb42 Offline

Loc: McKinney
Drive one first, especially on a sunny day, because my dash reflects the sunlight up to the windshield and sometimes in my eyes... It's just the top flat parts of the trim to the left and right of the gauge centerline that reflects however... not a big deal, and you could always paint it or something if it really bothers you...

#181064 - 21/05/03 12:25 PM Re: Changing out the dashboard trim?
Anonymous
Unregistered

rb42, thanks for the suggestion. Does it really reflect the light that badly?

Have you ever removed that gauge piece(bezel)?

#181065 - 21/05/03 12:46 PM Re: Changing out the dashboard trim?
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
I forget who was nice enough to create this webite link, but he posted it for me when I had a similar situation (only I just needed a replacement). I suggest you get your part numbers here and order from places like www.nissan.cc and get a discount wink :

http://www.xterra-trail.net/xterra-trail/partslist/581.pdf

#181066 - 21/05/03 01:01 PM Re: Changing out the dashboard trim?
Anonymous
Unregistered

NismoXSe02, thanks for the link. That is exactly what I was looking at when the dealership pulled it up for me. Do you have the titanium trim in your 2002 Xterra? The colors that are mentioned on this list are Charcoal, dusk, and sage. There is no mention of titanium. Any thoughts? Do you happen to have the parts list for the arm rests and center console as well.

#181067 - 21/05/03 01:29 PM Re: Changing out the dashboard trim?
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
All SE models have the titanium in the 2002 and 2003 models. I believe you're looking for part number 68260-7Z900. It doesn't ask charcoal, dusk, or sage, it just asks if it's SE or XE. However, if you ever have to choose, you probably can't go wrong with charcoal as those are on the SE/SE's only which always has titanium accents. On the link I gave you, just change the number in the link to flip through the rest of the book. I believe 567 is the first page index. Hope this helps.

#181068 - 21/05/03 05:59 PM Re: Changing out the dashboard trim?
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
I've got titanium on my SE and might be willing to swap if that would work for you. I emphasize *might* 'cause I'll need to go over to the dealer and see exactly what the black dash trim looks like. Thought I might as well ask you before taking the time to go over there.

I would've sent a PM but I don't see a profile for you, X-22.

#181069 - 02/06/03 11:13 AM Re: Changing out the dashboard trim?
rb42 Offline

Loc: McKinney
I've never removed it, but others have around here while installing their gauge overlays (see other forums).

The reflection is not that bad... I don't use dash protectant either so mine is not overly shiny either... it's just something that I notice often while I drive. It does not really interfere with anything but I prefer as clean a windshield as possible.. and no reflections if possible.

I sit pretty high in the truck too.. this may not be a problem for shorter folks (below 6'3")..
-=RB

#181070 - 02/06/03 12:12 PM Re: Changing out the dashboard trim?
ccspelman Offline

Loc: el paso, texas and connecticut
i don't have what you are talking about, but as far as the whole reflection thing.. i have the sony head unit that flips down and out. and when it flips out it is a shiny silver color. whenever the sun is out, it reflects right onto the stereo and into my eyes.. and it bugs the heck out of me. i don't know if this helps at all.. just thought i'd try!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal