shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#181653 - 21/06/03 05:00 PM Dash Plastic Covers
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a 2002 Xterra SE and I am missing one of the plastic covers that are on the titanium colored piece on the center dash. These are the 2 black circular plastic covers that are right of the cig adapter and above the radio. I took to the dealer and they dont have them and will not cover under warranty. Dealer says it would be $150.00 to replace the whole piece since they dont have anyway to get those tabs. Any ideas anyone????

#181654 - 25/06/03 09:09 AM Re: Dash Plastic Covers
rb42 Offline

Loc: McKinney
It's a translucent black plastic, like the kind they screen print the gauge warnings on and back-light. Not sure where you would get a replacement piece from.... I'm wondering if they happen to be cut-outs from the dash gauge assembly myself (hey - If ford used to re-use the boxes the auto parts shipped in for Model T floorboards... why should Nissan waste those things?)

Just curious... have you pulled up the seats and checked to make sure it isn't lying there? Or maybe it slipped into the seat crevices...

You can get black abs plastic and cut it to fit, but I would prefer the factory look myself.
-=RB

#181655 - 25/06/03 11:36 AM Re: Dash Plastic Covers
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
I sent him a couple from a wreck in the mail this morning, he's all set.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#181656 - 25/06/03 08:06 PM Re: Dash Plastic Covers
Anonymous
Unregistered

OffroadX (Brent) was nice enough to send me some in the mail from a wrecked 2002. Thanks again. I did look all around. I lost the piece installing a DVD player and 7 inch LCD in the ceiling of the SE for my 2 year old. Thanks everyone for your help on this.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal