2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#208 - 28/04/05 03:45 PM Re: POST YOUR MOST STUCK MOMENT EVER!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alright then - here's mine:

Back a few years ago I had my 1990 Ford Taurus station wagon. Me and my buddy were driving around the far northwest burbs here. The road turned kinda narrow and there were nothing but farms on either side. Initially we were looking for this guy's house but got lost. Once I started noticing the farms on both side of the narrow road I figured it was time to turn around and back track.

I'm trying to pull a 3 point (Y) turn when my right front tire slips off the pavement. All of a sudden I feel the nose of the car dive down and the ass come up. I force the door open only to put my whole foot half knee deep in mud.

Freakin' great... My friend gets out through my side of the the car since the bottom of his door in completely in mud and he couldn't open it.

Here's the picture. I was in the middle of the 3 point turn when my right front wheel slipped off the road into literally bottomless thick mud. The road that I was on had no lights and the shitty lights of the rusted Taurus could not have helped me see any better.

The right front corner of the car was completely in mud. The whole headlight and a small part of the hood were all in mud. The left rear tire was in the air and was about at the level of my belly button, that said keep in mind that I'm 6"7'. The car itslef was resting on the frame, right around the middle.

We went to nearby houses to see who possibly had a truck and some recovery gear, however when we told people that it was an old Taurus they all refused to pull me out stating that they don't want to be responsible for any damage caused to the car, which is understandable in that case. I remembered that at the time I had AAA membership on the car and it includes a few free tows. Called the tow truck. About 2 hours later the truck arrives. Driver gets out the truck and looks at it for a second or to. "How'd THAT happen?" was pretty much the response of the huscky lady that was the truck driver.

About 30 mins later and a lot of frame scraping from the Taurus I was free. Drove out of there throwing mud the next mile or so. Closer to the house (it was about 4 am at that time) pulled into a gas station, used the squigee (sp?) to sorf of clean up the mud that was thrown all over the side and windows and went home.

Lesson learned - Taurus is not a mud bogger and I needed better lights.

#209 - 29/04/05 10:10 AM Re: POST YOUR MOST STUCK MOMENT EVER!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a couple. First stuck:

Swampy, slick crap. Saw two sets of ruts parallel to each other sharing a common rut (total of 3 ruts in this area), and I tried to stradle them. Hit the gas just a tad too hard, pulled the front to the right and into the ruts, and the back end slipped into the other ruts.

Second stuck:

Basically, what happened here is I was the only one that tried taking the trail on the top of a hill. It was snowy and slick. The truck started slipping sideways (backend first) down the hill. The one winch that was there was busted, so he unwound his winch, snatched it to a tree and used it as a tow strap. The rest of the guys on the trip tied a couple tow straps together and tied it to the trailer hitch and they acted as an anchor while the Jeep with the broken winch pulled me up. Whether it worked or not, I'm not sure, but I didn't get any body damage from the trees that were 4 inches from my front driver side door laugh

#210 - 29/04/05 11:48 AM Re: POST YOUR MOST STUCK MOMENT EVER!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I figured I give a run down.
Stuck:
94 Nissan P/U in snow.
70 Barth Motorhome in Mud.
66 VW in Sand (Many Times)
74 Pontiac Grand Prix in Sand
80 Mazda Rx7 in sand
85 Dodge Colt on a Dyke

2003 X, Not stuck yet. !

Just wish I had pictures of them all and an internet connection at home that was still working. DAMN COX "Always on" :rolleyes:

#211 - 29/04/05 01:44 PM Re: POST YOUR MOST STUCK MOMENT EVER!
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
I'm thinkin Jorge, Logan or Axle have the title of worst stuck all tied up... my vote is to logan.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal