2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#185469 - 13/05/03 07:48 AM ...at the dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm pretty sure it's a motor mount. There is a heavy vibration under any load (A/C on, in gear, accellerating...), the engine is sitting slightly crooked and my transfer case shifter is leaning a bit to the right.

I took it into the dealership yesterday and described the vibration. They called that morning and told me my K&N air filter was dirty and I needed to purchase the $200 complete fuel system flush to erradicate the low idle causing the vibration. I told them to go actually drive it and take my complaints seriously...

I get a call later in the day, and they tell me I've got a bad front hub. I told them that's interesting, since I notice much of the vibration when my truck is not moving!!! Go drive it again - pay attention this time!

I talk to them at the end of the day. They still claim the hub is bad, but they are think something internal is happening (no shit). I mention the possibility of it being a motor mount and get "it can't be a motor mount."

Still no answer today.

...to be continued

#185470 - 13/05/03 08:54 AM Re: ...at the dealership
bonesnTX Offline

Loc: TEXAS
They usually think they know best....Come to the beach for a few days and leave you X with Gulf Coast NISSAN in Angleton, TX..(35 miles South of Houston...30 miles North of Surfside Beach) Rick Almquist is the Service guy there and they do not beat around the bush...They will listen to you and they give excellent/professional vehicle service. Wash and vacuum as well!

Good Luck...
(I miss living in Austin)

[Wave]

#185471 - 14/05/03 07:22 AM Re: ...at the dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here's the deal:

Round Rock is now convinced that I have substantial frame and body damage. They told me all their service managers and the body shop guy looked at it and confirmed this. When I went to pick up my X, the guy pointed out all the ways my engine is sitting wrong in the engine bay. We compared it to a new X and sure enough, mine looks WAY different. The back of the engine is basically sitting against the firewall, amplifying all the noise into the cabin. I asked if they made sure it wasn't a motor mount and they assured me it wasn't. The service guy pointed the undercarriage damage out as what caused the frame damage. According to them, this weakened the frame and it's been getting worse since.

I plan to take it to a body shop to get an estimate. I talked to my insurance agent (friend of family) and he did NOT recommend taking out a claim, since it is "compounded damage over time."

This SUCKS!!! mad mad mad

#185472 - 14/05/03 11:06 AM Re: ...at the dealership
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Hmm.. That does suck man. I still think they are half full of crap on the motor mount. It just started that day. The damage you are talking about. Is that from the time you missed the bump or whatever up in Broken Bow?

#185473 - 14/05/03 11:37 AM Re: ...at the dealership
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
If it is a motor mount it's pretty easy to determine. Open the hood and holding the brakes hard give it some gas with it gear. You should see the transfer case shifter move a lot and you should see the engine lift up. With it in Drive you can see the drivers side lift, with in reverse you would see the passenger side lift.

#185474 - 14/05/03 03:30 PM Re: ...at the dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, lo and behold, guess what it turns out to be...

A FRIGGIN' BROKEN MOTOR MOUNT!!!

Carlton shot me some photos of what I should look for and it took me less than a minute to identify the busted piece. I have put in a call to the dealership and I will bring it in tomorrow.

The broken piece is so obvious, they must have never looked under the truck. I asked them 3 separate times while I was face to face if they checked it, an was told it was not a broken motor mount. Not a happy customer. mad mad

#185475 - 14/05/03 04:35 PM Re: ...at the dealership
Biohazard Offline

Loc: Rogers AR
I agree, that's a bunch of BS. I would also send this information on to Nissan's Consumer Affairs.

Here's their information:

Nissan Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 191
Gardena, CA 90248

(800) NISSAN-1 (or 800-647-7261)
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Eastern / Central Time
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Monday through Friday

I got this off of NissanUSA

#185476 - 15/05/03 07:40 AM Re: ...at the dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

I called the dealership first thing this morning to make sure everything was set for me to bring the truck in. The service manager told me they found the motor mount locally and they should be able to fix the problem today. Then he tells me they found cracks in my exhaust manifold! They didn't tell me this when I picked up my truck. I asked if that was covered under my powertrain warranty (I have 56K miles now), and he assured me it was. I can't believe they didn't mention this before!

They did get me a rental (Jeep Liberty :rolleyes: ) and they assured me they will reimburse the money I paid for diagnostic fees and rental on Tuesday.

#185477 - 15/05/03 11:01 AM Re: ...at the dealership
GrayHam Offline

Note to self:

Never do business at Round Rock Nissan.
Forward this info to all Nissan owners I know . . .

#185478 - 15/05/03 11:28 AM Re: ...at the dealership
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
Jason..

I am glad the images I sent were able to show you what the technician should have seen had he actually looked.

Keep us informed as to what happens...

#185479 - 15/05/03 03:48 PM Re: ...at the dealership
cbx Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Hey Jason...I like your tagline at the end of your signature!

"Just some local fisherman out for a pleasure cruise at night...through....eel infested waterssss...."
-cbx [Geek]

#185480 - 18/05/03 01:25 PM Re: ...at the dealership
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
That is sad. We new that was the problem on the trail. :rolleyes:

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal