shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#185627 - 23/08/03 02:53 AM Tail Light Defect?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has our Right-Rear Taillight ever burnt out? Personally, mine has, but i've replaced it.
I have been observing the other xterra's in the area (Phoenix),and I've noticed that the Right-Rear Taillight is commonly out.
Of all the lights on the xterra, why that one? I Think that its becasue its a Defective bulb or from the factory .

Any Comments?

#185628 - 23/08/03 07:59 AM Re: Tail Light Defect?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
My right rear tailight kept falling out of the socket on my 2000 Xterra. There was a minor molding defect in the plastic around the socket. I shimmed it with some plastic, and it hasn't come loose since.

#185629 - 23/08/03 08:20 AM Re: Tail Light Defect?
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I usually see Xterras with only the center light working if they have lights out. Seen several this way.

How could you figure Nissan was just putting bad bulbs in the right side? confused One of mine burned out after 3-1/2 years, but I can't remember which one it was...I have better things to keep track of. I think it was the left one though?

Always a good idea to check them on a regular basis and have a spare or two around.

#185630 - 23/08/03 09:53 AM Re: Tail Light Defect?
R&R LOPEZ Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs (Security)
Mine just burnt out and I ask the dealership if their was a recall on the wiring harness because one of our members told me that his burnt out and he took it to the dealership to have it replaced but the dealer told me that their was no recall so I just bought the buld and replaced it my self

FEAR NO ONE
RESPECT ALL

Life is but a Dream, Live it to its fullest!!!

#185631 - 23/08/03 01:37 PM Re: Tail Light Defect?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
How could you figure Nissan was just putting bad bulbs in the right side?
I'm not sure why its the right side, maybe the right socket is harder on the right than the left. Anyways, its just the one that i commonly see burnt out. Just pointing it out :p

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal