2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#186342 - 28/09/06 12:24 PM Thanks XOC Community
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just wanted to thank everyone for their help recently. I'm at 95k and needed a lot of maintenance work done. Dealership quoted $1,000 for everything (front/rear diff oil, tx case oil, drive belts, pcv, a/t flush, rad flush, etc).

Found EXCELLENT directions for everything on here and saved around $500 (after buying some new tools I needed, replacing shitty rachet I broke on diff plugs). Only had to farm out the AT & rad flush to a small local shop (about 50% cheaper than dealership). All done except for repacking bearings...next weekend.

Thanks.

#186343 - 28/09/06 01:50 PM Re: Thanks XOC Community
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Yeah - they really rape you on the simple maintenance stuff.

You're getting pretty close to the timing belt change interval (105k) - might want to start thinking about that.

#186344 - 28/09/06 02:06 PM Re: Thanks XOC Community
Anonymous
Unregistered

Make sure you get good name brand tools like Craftsman, Snap-on, etc... that have life time warrenties on there hand tools.

#186345 - 28/09/06 03:20 PM Re: Thanks XOC Community
Anonymous
Unregistered

what are the maintaince intervals?? Im coming up on 50K anything I should do.. I recently changed out my rad. and have changed my fluid over to mobile 1 in the past 6 months.

#186346 - 28/09/06 03:37 PM Re: Thanks XOC Community
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by I_Hate_Rodents:
I just wanted to thank everyone for their help recently. I'm at 95k and needed a lot of maintenance work done. Dealership quoted $1,000 for everything (front/rear diff oil, tx case oil, drive belts, pcv, a/t flush, rad flush, etc).

Found EXCELLENT directions for everything on here and saved around $500 (after buying some new tools I needed, replacing shitty rachet I broke on diff plugs). Only had to farm out the AT & rad flush to a small local shop (about 50% cheaper than dealership). All done except for repacking bearings...next weekend.

Thanks.
Lots of info here (as you know, surely) once you get past the bullshit. Some of the bullshit is what's got me coming back here, though. At least some entertainment.

Moderator:  johngraves2 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal