2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#187236 - 17/02/01 06:33 PM Royal Purple Oil - anyone tried it?
RonB Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas, USA
The other day I was flipping channels late at night and I came across an ad for an Oil called ROYAL PURPLE. They were advertising most a line designed for race cars, but they also have a line for everyday cars. What caught my attention was some rather bold "better than other oil" claims including producing more horsepower!!

I was wondering if anyone had tried this in their X or any other car for that matter? And if they had if they thought the claims were legit, bunk, or what.

For more information, you can check the company website at http://www.synerlec.com/

------------------
RonB
Weapon X - 2000 Blue Xterra SE 2WD
SWXC - Hill Country Chapter Member

#187237 - 18/02/01 07:16 AM Re: Royal Purple Oil - anyone tried it?
kandacarlson Offline

Loc: United States
I have learned through consultation with knowlegeable mechanics, a degree in chemistry, and personal experience, that for the most part these "miracle" car chemicals are for the most part, well, poop.
I have never tried this royal purple stuff, but I could speculate on how they get away with the more horsepower claim. I'd bet that this oil is thinner at operating temp than other oils, and thus it takes less energy from the engine to move/splash the oil around in the guts of the motor.
The end result is a very, very, very slight increase in power to the wheels. It could be something else, who knows?

As for other car products, I am a believer in one fuel additive, Techron concentrate from Chevron. It did work to smooth the idle and acceleration in my old porsche in one dose in a tankful. Thats my single 'miracle car product' endorsement

------------------

#187238 - 18/02/01 02:19 PM Re: Royal Purple Oil - anyone tried it?
O'Polka Offline

Loc: Arlington,TX USA
Ron..
I work in the oil bussiness (Castrol) Let me tell ya that Royal Purple is no better than any other premimum oil. Stick to what we all know is BEST................... Castrol GTX or Syntec!!!

------------------
John O'Polka
SWXC Member #28
2001 SE 4x4
Goldrush smile
http://www.geocities.com/opolka_2000/

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1435837

#187239 - 23/02/01 01:27 PM Re: Royal Purple Oil - anyone tried it?
wqbang Offline

Loc: Auburn, WA
From what I understand, Royal Purple is a brand of synthetic similar in quality to Amsoil, and Redline.

------------------
:wq!
wqbang@southeastxterraclub.org

Moderator:  johngraves2 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal