2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#18730 - 05/10/05 03:24 AM God Damn Thieves Suck more so when they have an xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I sure hope you are enjoying MY air dam. I so sorry you didn't have enough time to get the basket or the cross bars. May your window regulators fail your fuel pump quit in the middle of winter and your manifolds crack and preferably may you be castrated in a most hanis way preferably before you breed.

Off hand does anyone know if the air dam has the one of those vin stickers on it. I'm hoping the guy who took this was caught on video as my truck was parked right by one of the cameras for the building.

Short term I need to get the holes plugged on the rack to keep the water out and need to know the correct thread size if anyone knows it. Also does anyone know if Nissan sells just the torx bolts for the rear portion of the air dam I think they are the shorter ones not the long front ones but I could be wrong.

#18731 - 05/10/05 03:29 AM Re: God Damn Thieves Suck more so when they have an xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Doesn't that just piss you off......... mad

#18732 - 05/10/05 04:50 AM Re: God Damn Thieves Suck more so when they have an xterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
At least they did not take the whole truck.

#18733 - 05/10/05 07:07 AM Re: God Damn Thieves Suck more so when they have an xterra
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
frown

Can you get one from a junkyard?

#18734 - 05/10/05 07:13 AM Re: God Damn Thieves Suck more so when they have an xterra
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
HERE YOU GO

Looks like you need four #5's (air deflector screw - $1.50 each) and one #4 (air deflector - $117.19)

Oh, and probably a #6 - air deflector seal - $11.18

I really love that nissanparts.org site. They have EVERYTHING for the Xterra (or any Nissan/Infiniti) - not just a few parts.

#18735 - 05/10/05 07:35 AM Re: God Damn Thieves Suck more so when they have an xterra
off2cjb Offline

Sucks. Happy hunting.

#18736 - 05/10/05 07:50 AM Re: God Damn Thieves Suck more so when they have an xterra
BradLee Offline

Loc: Black Hills
[ThumbsDown] frown It's bad enough you have to live in that crappy ass flood plane.

#18737 - 05/10/05 08:05 AM Re: God Damn Thieves Suck more so when they have an xterra
rednec Offline

Loc: Apex, NC
I may have an extra air dam in my garage if your interested. Shoot me an email to rednec@nc.rr.com and we can work out the details. I don't have the hold down screws though.

#18738 - 05/10/05 03:16 PM Re: God Damn Thieves Suck more so when they have an xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

It could of been worse that for sure as they could of taken the winch or the other stuff on the truck. It's time to go to a welder and have a few strategic tack welds done. I talked to the building manager and they don't record the video from this building. Thanks Kaiser for the link. I've got a new dam on order along with a new basket net for the tie down screws and this time I'm going to engrave the VIN on it and use red locktite on the 2 torx bolts. I now wish I didn't clean under the air dam last week as the 2 torx bolts were corrosion welded in place and to think I used anti seize so it would make life easier the next time.

I still can’t believe someone had the balls to take it especially since it was parked right in front of a busy entrance to the building.

And if anyone needs a basket net for a 2002 or late let me know and I’ll send it out as I have no need for 2 of them.

#18739 - 05/10/05 03:32 PM Re: God Damn Thieves Suck more so when they have an xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

What really boggles my mind is what he could have needed the air dam for? I imagine that it would be pretty difficult to break and / or lose one of those. That's a very unusual part for a theif to steal. It wasn't a custom thor mod style dam was it?

Also, sent you a PM about the basket net.

#18740 - 05/10/05 04:13 PM Re: God Damn Thieves Suck more so when they have an xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

damn man, all i can say is that sucks and i'm sorry that there are some sh***y people out there.

godd luck

#18741 - 05/10/05 06:59 PM Re: God Damn Thieves Suck more so when they have an xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

That totally sucks. I had the x broken into a few years back. Took my cds and a half case of corona in broad daylight. It takes a really shady person to steal shit. Hope they catch them..

How much you looking to get for the net? I may be interested in taking it off your hands.

#18742 - 05/10/05 07:12 PM Re: God Damn Thieves Suck more so when they have an xterra
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by putzee52:
That totally sucks. I had the x broken into a few years back. Took my cds and a half case of corona in broad daylight. It takes a really shady person to steal shit. Hope they catch them..

Yeah, I know the feeling...I had my Passenger Window bashed in a couple of Months ago...but the little fucker's didn't take anything, I had my 2 CD cases and other personal stuff in my X...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#18743 - 05/10/05 07:32 PM Re: God Damn Thieves Suck more so when they have an xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Rickster43:
Quote:
Originally posted by putzee52:
[b]That totally sucks. I had the x broken into a few years back. Took my cds and a half case of corona in broad daylight. It takes a really shady person to steal shit. Hope they catch them..

Yeah, I know the feeling...I had my Passenger Window bashed in a couple of Months ago...but the little fucker's didn't take anything, I had my 2 CD cases and other personal stuff in my X...[/b]
yeah, me too.........they busted into my last car.......they got the hood open somehow, disconnected the battery, broke the back d/s window and got the ignition out..........something must have scared them off tho b/c they didnt take anything.......i had a lot off goodies in there too, tv's, etc........ frown

Robb

#18744 - 05/10/05 07:39 PM Re: God Damn Thieves Suck more so when they have an xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

The net has been spoken for.

#18745 - 05/10/05 08:03 PM Re: God Damn Thieves Suck more so when they have an xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stealing air dams? What the hell motivates these people?

#18746 - 05/10/05 08:32 PM Re: God Damn Thieves Suck more so when they have an xterra
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by MediStorm:
Stealing air dams? What the hell motivates these people?
Fast air? [Too much XOC]

(Coulda been a lot worse though...)

#18747 - 06/10/05 10:30 PM Re: God Damn Thieves Suck more so when they have an xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by lykofos:
What really boggles my mind is what he could have needed the air dam for? I imagine that it would be pretty difficult to break and / or lose one of those. That's a very unusual part for a theif to steal. It wasn't a custom thor mod style dam was it?

Most likely they were either stealing for an Xterra they were rebuilding. A lot of ppl take totaled rigs, do the repairs and sell with a salvaged title. Or they also could have owned an 01-02 X where the wind deflector's design was not as good as the newer models. I personally have an 03 wind deflector, but i stole it from a PNWX member :p

#18748 - 07/10/05 12:57 AM Re: God Damn Thieves Suck more so when they have an xterra
dezurtrat Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by lykofos:

It’s probably hanging on some stupid ass kid’s bedroom wall and his mom is like “oh, that’s so nice, I don’t want to stifle Johnnie’s creativity”. *Puking Sound*
Never bothering to wonder where it might have come from!

#18749 - 07/10/05 09:16 AM Re: God Damn Thieves Suck more so when they have an xterra
KCX Offline

Loc: Kansas
Its not GOD's fault your stuff was taken away, so please refrain from saying "GD".

#18750 - 07/10/05 10:10 AM Re: God Damn Thieves Suck more so when they have an xterra
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by KCX:
Its not GOD's fault your stuff was taken away, so please refrain from saying "GD".
That's goddamn funny.

#18751 - 07/10/05 10:17 AM Re: God Damn Thieves Suck more so when they have an xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Goddamn right!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal