2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#190858 - 03/12/06 07:42 PM Console Outlet Problems
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am having some problems with the console outlets in my 02 se. I dont have power to the outlet inside the console that is hot or the outlet on the outside that is for the backseat that is not hot. However my cigaret outlet on the dash does work. I am pretty sure it is not a fuse because one outlet is hot and the other is not and i have checked most of them anyways. Therefore it is most likely a wire or something in the console. Any ideas as to the problem and any solutions?

#190859 - 03/12/06 08:01 PM Re: Console Outlet Problems
Anonymous
Unregistered

Both console outlets are on the same fuse, so if one of the two is working then the fuse is good and it must be the wiring between both. Should take the console apart to check.

I am too lazy to go outside and check at the moment, but I think that you can remove the inner compartment which would expose the wiring for both outlets.

#190860 - 03/12/06 08:19 PM Re: Console Outlet Problems
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wait, so just to check, you have power to the dash outlet but not both of the ones in the center console? (That's the impression I got from your post.)

If that's the case, they're on separate fuses. Differently rated ones, too (15a vs. 20 a if I remember correctly). I found that out after I kept blowing the dash fuse powering the portable air compressor, but never blew fuses when using the center console ones or the one in the rear.

There are fuse boxes both in the cab and under the hood; have you checked both places?

If the wiring in there hasn't been altered to add some sort of aftermarket accessory, I'd be inclined to think that it would be intact.

Hope this helps.

#190861 - 04/12/06 12:49 PM Re: Console Outlet Problems
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thax Bobby missed fuses under the hood. spent too much time checkin the ones in the cab and got frustrated and didnt even think to look there. smile

Moderator:  johngraves2 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal