2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#191579 - 26/07/06 09:09 PM replace running light, how to access?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I noticed yesterday that the running light on my right side is out. I've got an '02 XE, so it's got the round headlights, and then outside of the headlights are the two other lights, one is the amber signal light, and then above it is the white running light.

I was going to try to take it apart and see if I could replace it, but had problems getting the plastic framing for the lights off, and it's impossible to get to them from behind to swap out. I took the screw out that holds the plastic piece in place, unhooked the clip on the side of the casing, and then unhooked the 2 holes from the plastic pieces on the top that also hold it in place, but after that, I don't know what I've got to do. It kinda feels like it should slide right off, but seems like it's catching from the bottom, and I don't want to force it for fear of breaking it.

Can somebody offer some advice? The owners manual also conveniently forgets to mention that those bulbs might also need to be replaced once in a while.

Thanks guys,

Tim

#191580 - 27/07/06 07:11 AM Re: replace running light, how to access?
1114 Offline

Loc: Kansas City
I referenced these two threads when changing mine.

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=24;t=000645

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=24;t=001256

Hope that helps.

#191581 - 27/07/06 05:54 PM Re: replace running light, how to access?
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks, 1114.

I realized this morning that I should have done a search first. I was up late last night just reading different stuff on the forum, got tired, and just plain forgot to do a search first. Thanks for the links, I'll learn for next time.

Moderator:  johngraves2 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal