2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#192083 - 30/10/06 09:33 AM Replacing Screws in body armor
Anonymous
Unregistered

First - insert standard disclaimer on search as well as blanket apology if I just didn't search well.

Ok - so when changing my oil recently - one of the screws bonding that skid plate/body armor has removed itself. There's now a little bit of vibration that I hear from down under and I'd like to replace it. Anyone ever done it? Thoughts/recommendations?

Should I check "the google" for a part number?
Thanks in advance... [drink] and take a beverage or two out of petty cash for your trouble...Z

#192084 - 30/10/06 10:03 AM Re: Replacing Screws in body armor
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by zman in mich:
First - insert standard disclaimer on search as well as blanket apology if I just didn't search well.

Ok - so when changing my oil recently - one of the screws bonding that skid plate/body armor has removed itself. There's now a little bit of vibration that I hear from down under and I'd like to replace it. Anyone ever done it? Thoughts/recommendations?

Should I check "the google" for a part number?
Thanks in advance... [drink] and take a beverage or two out of petty cash for your trouble...Z
Scews? At least you didn't call your X a car. My truck uses bolts.

Yes there have been threads on this. If the threads are still good go to Autozone or similar place and buy some replacement bolts. If the threads are gone or damaged drill the hole out to the suit the next size bolt then drill and thread it then insert new larger bolt.

Moderator:  johngraves2 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal