2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#19652 - 09/11/05 12:59 PM Raingler Nets
Anonymous
Unregistered

Those of you who sport any type of Raingler nets, whats your opinion on how useful they have been? Please state which net you have, how often you use it, and what you put up there.

I never tend to have enough room in my X for all my stuff, so I'm looking into purchasing one to carry all that extra stuff. I'm looking at the full X-Net.

Thanks,
brantley

#19653 - 09/11/05 01:51 PM Re: Raingler Nets
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
I have the large Cargo area top, the cargo area tie down net and pet barrier. I would be lost without any one of them.

My dog is with me a lot but not behind the net wink I use it to keep my supplies from socking me in the head and hanging stuff on it with carbibers. Ditto on the cargo bottom net. Nothing flying around or slipping. The top net keeps necesities like rain gear,bottles, TP and such.

I would say they are all a good investment.

#19654 - 09/11/05 01:58 PM Re: Raingler Nets
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have the pet barrier..Only use it when the "GIRLS" are really wet and muddy..works great for one dog, but the little squeezes her butt through it unless she is leashed in the back [LOL] ALso have the roof one, also great IMO. keeps stoff OFF the paint.. AND the roof pocket, Raingler Roof Pocket ... this one.. keeps my rain gear handy and other stuff up out of the way and they are locked in with a velcro flap and they stay put.

#19655 - 10/11/05 10:36 AM Re: Raingler Nets
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have the roof basket net which works great; I have the pet barrier net, not for pets but for keeping projectiles from hitting the kids in the head when the back end is loaded and also to hang necessities from. I wanted the roof pocket but couldn't quite stomach the price so I fabbed one up with some cordura and nylon strap material. Same comment; I couldn't give up any one of them now, they're extremely useful.

#19656 - 10/11/05 11:22 AM Re: Raingler Nets
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have the interior roof net and I love it. It's great for keeping random stuff up out of the way. Hasn't sagged a bit, either. Only thing, taller passengers sitting in the back seat have to slouch a bit or they hit their heads on the net.

Funny, alot of people who see it always ask why they can't get something like that for their truck. I just remind them that the X is simply superior in every way to whatever they're driving.

As soon as I get a new pooch I'm going to order the dog barrier as well.

#19657 - 10/11/05 11:30 AM Re: Raingler Nets
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
I have the ballistic grips and the interior pocket net. I keep a rain jacket for myself and 2 rain jackets for my kids, its come in handy many times when mom forgets to bring jackets for the kids. I used to keed other stuff in it like my FRS radios and a pair of small binoculars, but the plastic buckles didn't hold up well to the additional weight. I still wonder why raingler decided to install these instead of the metal buckles which never loosen confused . I think they are a litlle pricey but I would definietely purchase them again. [ThumbsUp]

#19658 - 10/11/05 11:38 AM Re: Raingler Nets
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got the roof net and I use it to keep items off the rooftop paint. I've hauled full coolers several hundred miles, a workbench for 250 miles, and lots of chairs, my popup, tents, etc.

Very handy. Since I put items on top of it, I've found the straps to be a bit long, and they flap in the wind pretty bad. I used a box of office binder clips to clip the ends down to the net itself, so that problem is solved.

#19659 - 11/11/05 06:55 AM Re: Raingler Nets
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have the roof pocket and love it. Much better for storing away occasionally used items (rain gear, gloves for changing tires, rags, straps, etc.) than things you need on a continual basis. The great thing is that you don't have to constatly move these things around the cargo area to fit other gear, boxes, groceries etc. It gets them up and out of the way.

#19660 - 15/11/05 06:44 PM Re: Raingler Nets
Anonymous
Unregistered

Going to be calling Raingler later this week. Any last imput on them as a company? Customer service? Products?

thanks
brantley

#19661 - 15/11/05 06:57 PM Re: Raingler Nets
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#19662 - 17/11/05 12:58 PM Re: Raingler Nets
Raingler Offline

Loc: 8k vertical feet from the beac...
Quote:
Originally posted by LightZephyrX:
Going to be calling Raingler later this week. Any last imput on them as a company? Customer service? Products?

thanks
brantley
Absolutely, yes and top notch stuff (IMO) Ask for Eddie if you call. [ThumbsUp]

#19663 - 18/11/05 02:37 AM Re: Raingler Nets
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks much....!

brantley

#19664 - 18/11/05 04:26 AM Re: Raingler Nets
marmillerX Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, MA
I had mine for about a year and I love it. I keep some tarps and blankets up there. Only problem is if you have someone tall in the back seat it hits there head.

#19665 - 18/11/05 05:16 AM Re: Raingler Nets
Anonymous
Unregistered

You could just build yourself a Lobo Mod for about $30 or less.

#19666 - 18/11/05 10:07 AM Re: Raingler Nets
Raingler Offline

Loc: 8k vertical feet from the beac...
Quote:
Originally posted by marmillerX:
I had mine for about a year and I love it. I keep some tarps and blankets up there. Only problem is if you have someone tall in the back seat it hits there head.
ROTFLMA Well I guess I wouldn't want to sit there either with some shackles bouncing around. [Laughing]

#19667 - 18/11/05 10:03 PM Re: Raingler Nets
Anonymous
Unregistered

not a raingler, but i have this for the floor and I love it.........groceries, etc.......its great........
I also have a mini-raingler up top and its very useful also...........

Robb

#19668 - 19/11/05 06:12 AM Re: Raingler Nets
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
Marmiller why do you have it so far to the front. Look at my pic... it does not interfere with the passengers!

#19669 - 19/11/05 08:53 AM Re: Raingler Nets
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by xterraintx:
Marmiller why do you have it so far to the front. Look at my pic... it does not interfere with the passengers!
I think there are two different versions of that roof net and he's got the bigger one

#19670 - 19/11/05 03:10 PM Re: Raingler Nets
marmillerX Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, MA
I got the larger net and it works great. If you have someone who is 6ft or taller the net hits there head. But it is mostly the wife and I so it not a real problem. The shackles were just for the picture. I don't need to get in an accident and have them flying around.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal