2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#196858 - 15/03/05 04:17 PM Setting up Sirius Radio
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, I'm new to driving the xterra and I wanted to set up my sirius radio in it. The Manual says to hook the antenna on the roof, then run the wire to the front. Does anyone know how I would be able to get the wire from the roof down the back and inside the car? I can't seem to find any access holes or wire paths that I could run the wire through.
If anyone could help me out, i'd greatly appreciate it

#196859 - 15/03/05 04:56 PM Re: Setting up Sirius Radio
Anonymous
Unregistered

With my XM antenna, I mounted the base of the antenna on the rear center of the roof. lift up the weather stripping of the rear hatch and notch the pinch seam so that the antenna wire lays in the notch. Reinforce the antenna wire with elect tape where the wire will contact the notch.Reinstall the weather stripping. Now run the antenna wire between the roof liner and plastic panels along the top of the side window, down the door post, under the pass side plastic rocker panel, and the between the carpet and pass side kick plate (plastic panel near pass feet), under the dash to the head unit. Thats how I ran my antenna wire. There is no need to pull any of the plastic panels off, just tuck the wire in with a DULL butter knife. PS, dont forget to dab a bit of paint where you made the notch. You dont want any rust to start there. The whole job took me 20 min.

#196860 - 15/03/05 07:27 PM Re: Setting up Sirius Radio
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got XM as a gift with install so not entirely sure how they did it, but my antenna wire appears to be running up the passenger side A-pillar and emerging outside the weather stripping at the corner of the windshield.

Noobie001

#196861 - 15/03/05 07:40 PM Re: Setting up Sirius Radio
Anonymous
Unregistered

#196862 - 16/03/05 04:50 AM Re: Setting up Sirius Radio
DaveDatsun Offline

Loc: Sahuarita, AZ
I think you may get some more information in the Stereo... Forum. So I'm moving this thread over there.
Click on the link at the top/right side of this thread to go to that forum.

dave and xtoy - just another bill to pay

Moderator:  johngraves2 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal