shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#198529 - 13/03/01 08:37 PM Tow hitch wiring/5 speed???
jbgeis Offline

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
I bought the wiring harness from the dealer. I am thinking they thought that I have the Automatic, when I actually told them that I have the 5 speed. There is nothing down there to hook the harness up to. I made it very clear that I have the 5 speed manual tranny, and the dealer understood clearly. Am I doing something wrong? Has any of the 5 speed owners done the wiring yourselves?

------------------

#198530 - 13/03/01 11:54 PM Re: Tow hitch wiring/5 speed???
livinx Offline

Loc: Derry,NH
Yes I installed the wiring myself on my 5 speed took me about 1/2 hr. All I did was follow the instructions that came with the harness. Let me know if you need more guidance. livinx@earthlink.net

------------------

#198531 - 14/03/01 08:18 AM Re: Tow hitch wiring/5 speed???
gearhead1972 Offline

Loc: Brewster NY
there are two ruber gromets one on each side of the truck on the back side of each quarter panelthis is where the ends of the harness go through to the tail light assembly .you must first remove the trim plate on the back of the cargo area then remove the buttons and screws holding the bottom halfs of the cargo area walls on the buttons (one each side)are located on the top of the bottomhalf next to the tail gate. the screws (one each side) are located in the mounts for tha cargo shade. next pull the bottom halfs out and access the back side of the gromet and tail lights.any? e-mail me

------------------
Kevin
00' Super Black SE 5 speed
31" BFG M/T's, ARB, Rancho RSX's
superblackxterra.tripod.com

Moderator:  johngraves2 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal