2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#198658 - 16/07/03 04:27 PM Hit and Run!
Anonymous
Unregistered

If any of you are familar with the Pasadena area, I was on the 210 west just befor the Lake st exit when a pickup swerved across lanes and swiped the front of my Xterra! Scared the crap out of me and he exited and tried to run.
He jumped a median and got off to a side street, ran stop signs, went into opposing lanes of traffic and I didn't want to keep chasing him and get into another accident. Unfortunately I couldn't make out the license plate as I just couldn't get close enough.
It was a beat up 80's Ford f-150 grey/burgundy king cab with the wife in passenger seat and kids in the back! And this a-hole is driving like a maniac.

Anyway, the truck is relatively unscathed for going through a 50mph sideswipe. I could rubout scratches to the paint and plastic bumper but there is a slight dent above the front driver's side wheel- the fender bulge. I could probably try to push it out but how do you take off the black plastic wheelwell to get behind the fender to push it out??

Thanks for you help

#198659 - 16/07/03 05:36 PM Re: Hit and Run!
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by pasadenax:
I could probably try to push it out but how do you take off the black plastic wheelwell to get behind the fender to push it out??
Damn! I'm just glad you are relativly unscathed!

I wouldn't mess with it. Either live with it, or take it to a paintless dent removal place like DentPro.

If you let them work on it, you won't even know it was there - should be about $70. If you mess with it and make it worse, even they may not be able to get it out.

#198660 - 16/07/03 07:41 PM Re: Hit and Run!
Anonymous
Unregistered

good idea, I'll look for a place tomorrow. Thanks!

#198661 - 17/07/03 04:17 PM Re: Hit and Run!
Anonymous
Unregistered

DocNo,
Thank You!! Great suggestion. I did a little calling around and got the paintless dent removal done in about an hour. Looks perfect, can't even tell there was a dent there!

I'm really glad I didn't touch it. They say people make it alot worse when they try it themselves and then end up bring it to them worse than before!

#198662 - 17/07/03 06:17 PM Re: Hit and Run!
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by pasadenax:
I did a little calling around and got the paintless dent removal done in about an hour. Looks perfect, can't even tell there was a dent there!
Yup - they are simply amazing. The first Miata I bought had three pretty good bumps where the previous owner slammed the trunk on something inside - they took them out and you couldn't tell they had ever been there.

Quote:
I'm really glad I didn't touch it. They say people make it alot worse when they try it themselves and then end up bring it to them worse than before!
The worse thing you can do is mess with it if you don't know what you are doing. I learned that watching an "expert" smile friend of mine attempt removing a dent on his car...

I'm glad it worked out for you....

#198663 - 17/07/03 08:50 PM Re: Hit and Run!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, some of the best advice for probably saving me thousands of dollars!
They had before/after pics of a bunch of cars they had worked on. Really amazing! Huge dents in very difficult places all removed! The only thing is that the paint can't be broken but otherwise they really can work wonders. I'm amazed- because they are not only getting out dents but pretty deep creases in the metal.

Thanks again!

#198664 - 23/07/03 07:05 PM Re: Hit and Run!
Anonymous
Unregistered

As bad as the 210 is, the 10 is worse in that area. You are very lucky.

Moderator:  johngraves2 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal