2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#198974 - 12/03/01 02:09 PM I need help!!! please, How do I take off sunroof?
Impavette Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
I was having a problem with moisture getting in the sunroof and making a noise when it froze. I finally figured out where it was coming from. I took my wind deflector off and saw that the rubber moulding on the front edge of the glass panel was pushed in. I pulled it out, but it is hanging on the edge of the opening and will definitely get pushed back in. The only way I can prevent this is to loosen the sunroof and push the whole glass panel forward a little and re-tighten. I tried loosening the screws underneath in front, but it is just as tight as it was before I loosened the screws!! How do I loosen or take off the glass panel? Please help.
Thanks,

------------------
Chris
'00 Xterra SE 4X4 Auto(Silver Ice)

#198975 - 12/03/01 03:39 PM Re: I need help!!! please, How do I take off sunroof?
wqbang Offline

Loc: Auburn, WA

#198976 - 12/03/01 06:43 PM Re: I need help!!! please, How do I take off sunroof?
Impavette Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
I figured out how to take the glass panel off. I had to loosen the roof rack, then remove the rear mounting bolts for the sunroof. Then I lifted it upright and slid it off of the front retaining pins. The bad news is that all of the mounting holes had recesses in them so it only fits in one position and cannot be moved. The leading edge of the weatherstripping is still barely hanging on. If I use the sunroof, the leading edge will tuck downwards into the gap, causing water leakage again. It looks like I may have a defective sunroof if this is not normal. If I look at someone elses and it is good, I will bring mine to the dealer for service. Does anyone have the wind deflector removed so they can tell me what the moulding on the leading edge of the sunroof looks like, and how much overhangs onto the body of the car (like the rest of the moulding), or is it tucked down?

------------------
Chris
'00 Xterra SE 4X4 Auto(Silver Ice)

#198977 - 13/03/01 07:29 AM Re: I need help!!! please, How do I take off sunroof?
Urban Wolf Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA, USA
I have the same problem, the weather stripping in the front is tucked in....I checked out my friends X and his is fine....

------------------

#198978 - 13/03/01 01:36 PM Re: I need help!!! please, How do I take off sunroof?
FSRBIKER Offline

Loc: Oak Ridge, NJ
if memeory serves me right that is normal for Nissan's but i will check mine, there are drains at the front corners of the sunroof...make sure these are not clogged or blocked.

------------------
EOE...Opening Soon!

Moderator:  johngraves2 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal