2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#200673 - 13/05/03 10:23 PM Looking for Surboard Racks
juandyer Offline

I'm trying to put my surfboard on my X, but haven't been able to find the correct parts for the truck. Can anyone give a hint, info or anything that can led me to buy them.

Thanks

#200674 - 14/05/03 10:23 AM Re: Looking for Surboard Racks
Chato Offline

Loc: Orange, Tx
How long are your sticks? If you have shortboards, they should fit inside with no problem. Just lay the seats down and put the nose between the front seats. Granted, it will get in the way of your buds going with you. As far as a roof rack for your boards....that's gonna be tough for your X. What you'll have to do probably is just get some rope and tie the suckers down. Luckily, the X's roof rack is awesome for that. Yea, it takes longer, and yea, it's not as easy as a board rack, but it will work just as good. To keep your boards from getting dinged up on the rack, I would go to Walmart or some place like that and get some foam noodles, sort of slice it down the middle, and lay it on the rack and put the boards on top of that, then tie the sticks down. If you keep it tight, it will work just as good as a board rack. After all, all a board rack really is (at least mine anyway), was foam and rubber straps.
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but I had to at least give it my best to help another surfer.
Keep on Surfing!
Chato

#200675 - 16/05/03 07:30 PM Re: Looking for Surboard Racks
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey there,
To put my boards on the roof racks I attached some of that pipe insulation material. Its cheap, it fits, and it works. The middle pipes are so big that I couldn't find rack pads to fit, to I had to improvise

Moderator:  johnnyx, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal