shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#202314 - 05/05/05 12:04 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by oleblue:
Special interest does NOT equal special rights.
Are equal rights special rights?

#202315 - 05/05/05 12:13 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
Are you saying that straight men should want to shower with people they know are gay?
I never said that. If someone doesn't want to take a shower and wash the stank off themselves because "*gasp!* there's a gay person in there, and OMG what if he comes onto me," then perhaps they have bigger problems than just their own insecurities.

As shocking as this may sound, gays aren't prowling around looking for people they want to have sex with.

And, by the way, why are you focusing on the shower scenario? Is there something you want to share with the rest of the class? wink

#202316 - 05/05/05 12:17 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

I really don't understand the whole big deal about this. So if he's gay, so what? I don't care...if I'm in the army and I have to shower with someone gay - be it.

Personally I don't care who I shower with, might as well be a woman...oh look, now I have somewhere to hang my shower sponge on!

#202317 - 05/05/05 12:19 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Digityzed:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JeffW:
[qb].....why are you focusing on the shower scenario?....
Because it's a scenario where men and women are segregated, just like tents.

#202318 - 05/05/05 12:27 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Desert_Rat, I can guarantee you that you have showered with homosexual soldiers, and whether or not it was an invasion of your personal space, as you said, has to do with your own insecurities with your sexuality. You think every woman who looks at you finds you attractive? I doubt it. It's the same with homosexuals. Get over yourself.

I think people who are posting in this thread about the "abnormality" of homosexuality need to be a little better educated on the subject.
I'm sure I have. And I didn't know about it....and that's the way it should stay. No, I don't think ANYONE would find my ass attractive, but it doesn't make me any more comfortable.

Put a fat chick and a hot chick in the shower with a bunch of guys. Do you think because the guys aren't attracted to the fat chick, she feels any more comfortable in that situation than the hot chick? Your argument is stupid.

Who is uncomfortable in that situation - the straight guy showering with the gay, or the gay showering with the straight guy.....I'll tell you it's the straight guy. Straigt people are the vast majority. No, I don't think people are "born" gay. It's a conscious decision that is made at some point in their lives. Nature drives us to be hetero....that's how species propogate.

With regard to my comment about the hairy people....Has anyone seen the Arabs we're fighting? Prove me wrong. They're fricking hairy. Osama bin Hidin looks like about the 3rd generation in his family to walk upright

To the other reply by pnwbeers...you're right..a policy of intolerance isn't probably the best road. On the other hand, you're not going to change the beliefs of many, and many believe homosexuality is wrong. Very wrong. True or not, these convictions run deep, and by "throwing it in the faces" of the heteros in the military - Our military where teamwork is absolutely essential to success, is asking for trouble.

I would be happy not to speak of escapades with women if I never had to hear another story about a gay encounter. Sorry, but it makes me sick to even think about it.

#202319 - 05/05/05 12:28 PM Re: Gays in the Military
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
I think the 'shower' question is a reasonable one. If a guy is gay, hes attracted to other males. So in an open shower he is free to gander at whomever he wants. So if thats OK, why cant straight males shower with straight women? Same thing, right?

Same for a lesbian woman in a girls shower.

Maybe the answer is 3 showers. Gay males and lesbians in 1, straight guys in another, straight girls in a third. smile

#202320 - 05/05/05 12:30 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
OH BOY!!!

Taking bets now, at what time today will this hit 3 pages. I am going with 4:30 MST.
Ha!

You're over three hours slow!!!

[Finger]

#202321 - 05/05/05 12:33 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgPath:
why cant straight males shower with straight women? Same thing, right?

Well no, it's not the same thing. There are certain social rules and standarts. However just because the person is gay we wouldn't make him shower with only gay people, would we? Come on now...

But if straight women would be allowed to shower with staight men then strip clubs and brothels would go out of business.

#202322 - 05/05/05 12:35 PM Re: Gays in the Military
jerseydevi1 Offline

Loc: Yorktown, VA USA
Quote:
As shocking as this may sound, gays aren't prowling around looking for people they want to have sex with.
Hate to disappoint with you here, slick, but that is exactly what they do. At least the gays that my wife and I have had experience with. She used to be friends with 2 gay men that she worked with, until they started explaining how they tried to get married men in bed, and kept score of how many straights they had.

Homosexuality is a deviant behavior, and if you don't like it, so be it, berate me all day. The Bible (the evil book to you liberals) says that a man shall become one with his wife, not another man. God created Eve as Adam's companion, not another man. Call me a bible thumper all you want, but before the 60's and 70's and the outbreak of all this liberalism crap, this was the greatest country in the world, and it is slowly being turned into a cesspool with all of this acceptance of deviance.

Tell me I sound like madman if you want, I don't care. At least he spoke his mind.

#202323 - 05/05/05 12:39 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevi1:
Quote:
[b][QUOTE]As shocking as this may sound, gays aren't prowling around looking for people they want to have sex with.
Hate to disappoint with you here, slick, but that is exactly what they do. At least the gays that my wife and I have had experience with. She used to be friends with 2 gay men that she worked with, until they started explaining how they tried to get married men in bed, and kept score of how many straights they had.

Homosexuality is a deviant behavior, and if you don't like it, so be it, berate me all day. The Bible (the evil book to you liberals) says that a man shall become one with his wife, not another man. God created Eve as Adam's companion, not another man. Call me a bible thumper all you want, but before the 60's and 70's and the outbreak of all this liberalism crap, this was the greatest country in the world, and it is slowly being turned into a cesspool with all of this acceptance of deviance.

Tell me I sound like madman if you want, I don't care. At least he spoke his mind.[/b]
So in your opinion, what exactly the liberals are doing to turn this country into crap as you say?

#202324 - 05/05/05 12:42 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
No, I don't think people are "born" gay. It's a conscious decision that is made at some point in their lives. Nature drives us to be hetero....that's how species propogate.
I dunno - every gay person I've ever known well enough that this topic came up swears they never made any type of decision. They expressed as much interest in having sex with a woman as I do in having sex with a man (ie, none).

I don't fully understand it myself, but it's not for me to judge and I'm not going to hold it against them in any way.

Quote:
With regard to my comment about the hairy people....Has anyone seen the Arabs we're fighting? Prove me wrong. They're fricking hairy. Osama bin Hidin looks like about the 3rd generation in his family to walk upright
True. laugh

Quote:
On the other hand, you're not going to change the beliefs of many, and many believe homosexuality is wrong. Very wrong.
I understand that and you certainly have every right to hold that belief, but I don't think that should form the basis of gov't policy.

The gov't is and should be held to a different standard that private citizens.

#202325 - 05/05/05 12:47 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Like I said to DR, you can hold whatever personal beliefs about homosexuals that want - that's just fine and nobody should quibble with that.

The gov't is a different story.

Quote:

Tell me I sound like madman if you want, I don't care. At least he spoke his mind.
He was entertaining, that's for sure. [Too much XOC]

#202326 - 05/05/05 12:49 PM Re: Gays in the Military
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
So the government should be held to your standard, is that it?

#202327 - 05/05/05 12:52 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
I have no idea why the gay community insists on pushing their "gayness" on everyone. Things
I have to chime in on this one because I recently saw something that infuriated me. I live in DC and recently went into the Smithsonian's Museum of American History (same museum that just got Jerry's puffy shirt) because I have lived here my whole life and never find time to go into all the free museums we have here. Anyway...there is a section of war memorablia from all of the major wars... WWI stuff..WWII exhibits..etc. I am browsing the vietmam exhibit with all sorts of touching photos, dog tags, matchbooks, and letters back home to mom that never made it. Really moving stuff....then I see the gay vietnam display.

WTF?

It was an exhibit with military artifacts wrapped in rainbows and adorned with pink triangles. Why oh why must the gays bring gayness into a friggin military exhibit?? mad What is the significance here? Are supposed to honor the gay soldiers more than the straight ones? These guys were soldiers in a nasty war..what does gayness have to do with anything??? Man, I was soooooo pissed. I stormed out......but not before seeing the Puffy Shirt.

#202328 - 05/05/05 12:52 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Tonka Ross Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:
jerseydevil - check your PM.

#202329 - 05/05/05 12:52 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
[qb]No, I don't think people are "born" gay. It's a conscious decision that is made at some point in their lives. .
Actually yes, people are "born" gay. IT has to do with a hormone disbalance, actually it's a lack of a hormone (forget the name of the hormone) that makes a person gay. People are born with it (actually without it in this case) they just never think about it until they start explaring their sexuality. There's no such thing as "becoming" gay. Some gay men do not want to admit that they are gay and have wives and lead normal sex life, but they know that deep inside they are gay and there's no denying that. A lot of gay men can actually lead normal lives and have sex with women (no, not bi). It's not like straight men having sex with men, you know...

#202330 - 05/05/05 12:53 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
So the government should be held to your standard, is that it?
No. I'm a private citizen too. wink

#202331 - 05/05/05 12:57 PM Re: Gays in the Military
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by 02terra:
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
[b][QUOTE]Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
[qb]No, I don't think people are "born" gay. It's a conscious decision that is made at some point in their lives. .
Actually yes, people are "born" gay. IT has to do with a hormone disbalance, actually it's a lack of a hormone (forget the name of the hormone) that makes a person gay. People are born with it (actually without it in this case) they just never think about it until they start explaring their sexuality. There's no such thing as "becoming" gay. Some gay men do not want to admit that they are gay and have wives and lead normal sex life, but they know that deep inside they are gay and there's no denying that. A lot of gay men can actually lead normal lives and have sex with women (no, not bi). It's not like straight men having sex with men, you know...[/b]
Bullshit. No conclusive studies have been done to link the two.

#202332 - 05/05/05 12:59 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh yeah there have been!

#202333 - 05/05/05 01:00 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't forget sleeping arrangements. Many times there are 2 man rooms in the military. You going to let 2 openly gay males live together? What about openly gay females? (Reminds me of the t-shirthell.com shirt, I'm for gay marriages as long as both chicks are hot) Having openly gay people in the military would open a bunch of issues. Are you going to make a hetero male room with a gay male? (if it's an issue with the gay or hetero) It really does open a big can of worms.

#202334 - 05/05/05 01:01 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Smith Offline

#202335 - 05/05/05 01:10 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Tonka Ross Offline

#202336 - 05/05/05 01:12 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

#202337 - 05/05/05 01:19 PM Re: Gays in the Military
jerseydevi1 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonka Ross:
Quote:
[b]Tell me I sound like madman if you want, I don't care. At least he spoke his mind.
jerseydevil - check your PM.[/b]
back at ya ...

#202338 - 05/05/05 01:20 PM Re: Gays in the Military
jerseydevi1 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 02terra:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b][QUOTE]As shocking as this may sound, gays aren't prowling around looking for people they want to have sex with.

Tell me I sound like madman if you want, I don't care. At least he spoke his mind.[/b]
So in your opinion, what exactly the liberals are doing to turn this country into crap as you say?[/b]
You are kidding right?

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal