2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#202339 - 05/05/05 01:38 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
No, I don't think people are "born" gay. It's a conscious decision that is made at some point in their lives. Nature drives us to be hetero....that's how species propogate.
You say things like this, and you're calling my argument stupid?

And I'm sure homosexuals choose to be ridiculed and looked at as being "abnormal" human beings. To get their asses kicked by those who feel the need to reaffirm their masculinity.

To be looked at differently once someone finds out they're gay, merely on the basis of what goes on in their bedroom. It's happened to me, more than a few times.

Sorry pal, the only choice I made was whether or not I accepted myself as the person I was born as.

#202340 - 05/05/05 01:40 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Smith Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
This thread can fuck the fuck off IMHFO.

#202341 - 05/05/05 01:55 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Tonka Ross Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Smith:
This thread can fuck the fuck off IMHFO.
Smitty, you big tease..... wink

#202342 - 05/05/05 01:57 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Tonka Ross Offline

#202343 - 05/05/05 03:42 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Digityzed:
Quote:
[b]No, I don't think people are "born" gay. It's a conscious decision that is made at some point in their lives. Nature drives us to be hetero....that's how species propogate.
You say things like this, and you're calling my argument stupid?

And I'm sure homosexuals choose to be ridiculed and looked at as being "abnormal" human beings. To get their asses kicked by those who feel the need to reaffirm their masculinity.

To be looked at differently once someone finds out they're gay, merely on the basis of what goes on in their bedroom. It's happened to me, more than a few times.

Sorry pal, the only choice I made was whether or not I accepted myself as the person I was born as.[/b]
I haven't ridiculed anyone. That's the problem. You take it personally because others don't accept you and your explanations. I've never beat the shit out of a gay, nor have I have said anything hateful to a gay (I work with MANY gays - that's corporate life these days). I'm tolerant of it. I don't like it, but I tolerate it.

So....when you're done feeling sorry for yourself because everyone is always picking on you, wake up and then start seeing the other side of the argument and think about what this would do to our military.

Don't ask, don't tell. It is the best policy in the military short of banning gays all together. I'm behind ANYONE who will fight for our country, but that person will lose my support as soon as their personal agenda takes precedence over the job my tax dollars are paying them to do.

#202344 - 05/05/05 05:27 PM Re: Gays in the Military
InfX708 Offline

Loc: Ft. Bragg, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
Also, like Desert Rat has said, men and women are separated in the field. They have their own tents and own shower.
You haven't been around the military lately. The only place you find men and women separated in tents is in combat arms units - infantry, armor, field artillery, etc. In the support units, they all live together. There are separate showers - when there are showers, but they all sleep side by side in the same tent.

#202345 - 05/05/05 05:47 PM Re: Gays in the Military
InfX708 Offline

Loc: Ft. Bragg, NC
I think the military policy is there because straight folks don't really want gays around them. Since fielding an army of gay folks would be rather difficult, considering most of the population is straight, the policies lean toward the ideals of straight folks. Personally, I don't give a rats ass. I'm in the infantry - we have more ass grabbing, smacking, pinching, "cop a feel", and ball smacking than you'd find in most gay night clubs. It's the nature of the business - like a family full of boys - just a really disfunctional one. It's nothing unusual to see someone walking around with their penis hanging out - either by choice or by accident - BDU crotches tear easily. We show each other our scrotums on a routine basis. If seeing someone else's pecker in close proximity to your face is really unnerving, combat arms is not for you. It gets worse in the war zone. If someone at home witnessed our behavior, they'd swear we have a company full of gay guys. Gays in the military - who cares? Hell, the REMFs are fags (in the George Carlin sense of the word) anyway.

#202346 - 05/05/05 05:47 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
It's a deviant lifestyle.
Nice way of putting it ... it is just plain wrong, physically, morally, and biologically ... unfortunatley society has now given up on keeping fags out, so now that the attention is not on the flaming fudge packers [Rainbow] anymore they miss it and want it back, so they complain about anything they can and call it "equal rights" instead of "right to act like a fairy [Rainbow] " ... the military is the military, plain and simple, and if you are a fag [Rainbow] and want to prance around with your shirt in a knot and your pants cut into capri's, join broadway not the military. The military has very proud traditions that are hundreds of years old and there is no way that they should be changed for anyone ... not foregn or domestic needs and especially for a queer [Rainbow] ... [Finger] [Save the fine unicorns]

#202347 - 05/05/05 06:48 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:

Don't ask, don't tell. It is the best policy in the military short of banning gays all together. I'm behind ANYONE who will fight for our country, but that person will lose my support as soon as their personal agenda takes precedence over the job my tax dollars are paying them to do.
This is such bullshit. A gay can serve, as long as they shut up about it.

But if you're straight, you can openly have a wife, kids, etc.

How is that any different? Because they have a boyfriend, they have made their personal agenda precedence? Bullshit.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#202348 - 05/05/05 07:13 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Because a man and a wife is normal, socially acceptable behavior for humans.

Why are STD's so rampant among gays? Very few gays are monogomous. I've watched the effect of AIDS on a couple of gay coworkers who I considered friends. It was pitiful to see, and it was his lifestyle of sleeping around that got them there. Most lack the moral fabric to keep themselves healthy...and now we're teaching our kids that this behavior (it IS a behavior) is OK.

Whoever made the comment about liberal thought ruining this country is on to something. While I'm a believer in individual liberty, I also believe that you have to exercise self control on the issue. The notion that everyone should emrbrace homosexuality is bullshit. I don't have to. That's me exercising my own liberty. Family values are more important to me. And no, that doesn't mean a gay couple adopting kids...that's a travesty. Kids should be brought up in a traditional family setting. And yes, many heteros haven't figured that out yet either as they expose their kids to horrible childhoods because of their parents' problems. But even those problems can be linked to people who can't exercise any self control over the freedoms they have either. And I agree that makes them no better than a homosexual.

Before I get ragged, I know there are heteros that sleep around like it's nobody's business, and I have no more respect for that than I do for permiscuous gays.

The topic was about gays being openly gay in the military. Sexuality has no place in 95% of the workplaces....ANY sexuality. Most corporations don't allow it. In the military, where comraderie wins battles, and division among the troops loses them, there's no place for this.

You want to be gay? Go ahead. It's a free country. Keep the flaunting of the lifestyle away from my kids and our military.

#202349 - 05/05/05 08:05 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Hoppy:
Quote:
It's a deviant lifestyle.
Nice way of putting it ... it is just plain wrong, physically, morally, and biologically ... unfortunatley society has now given up on keeping fags out, so now that the attention is not on the flaming fudge packers [Rainbow] anymore they miss it and want it back, so they complain about anything they can and call it "equal rights" instead of "right to act like a fairy [Rainbow] " ... the military is the military, plain and simple, and if you are a fag [Rainbow] and want to prance around with your shirt in a knot and your pants cut into capri's, join broadway not the military. The military has very proud traditions that are hundreds of years old and there is no way that they should be changed for anyone ... not foregn or domestic needs and especially for a queer [Rainbow] ... [Finger] [Save the fine unicorns]
I hope this message is supposed to come across as sarcastic.

#202350 - 05/05/05 08:44 PM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Someday, when the revolution comes, homosexuals will be put into the same death camps as conservative Christians. There they will be able to communicate and work out their differences. Then they will be gassed and buried, and there will be much rejoicing.

When the revolution comes, we will not be told how to live.
When the revolution comes, we will not be told how to decorate.

#202351 - 06/05/05 05:31 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Smith Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Timmah:
Just ain't natural for them queers to be getting married to each other. You let stuff like that get started then you gonna have them bi-sexuals coming in there wanting to have a man and a woman both and then it's katie bar the door. Be too late then, cows done out of the barn and people gonna be all confused about who is suppose to sign the kids report card. Not to mention the confusion on Mother's day. Ain't fair that a kid got two moms and got to buy two presents. Fence em in ! that's what you got to do. Yep, that's it! Give them a Home Depot and some Donna Summers music and fence em in.

#202352 - 06/05/05 05:59 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Tonka Ross Offline

#202353 - 06/05/05 06:03 AM Re: Gays in the Military
jerseydevi1 Offline

Loc: Yorktown, VA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonka Ross:

[Spit]

absolutely fucking hysterical.

#202354 - 06/05/05 06:38 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

#202355 - 06/05/05 06:38 AM Re: Gays in the Military
jerseydevi1 Offline

nevermind...I'm not wastng my time anymore...

#202356 - 06/05/05 06:48 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevi1:
There will be no moral values allowed in this country! If you mention the bible or God, you will be ridiculed. The family as you know it is a thing of the past. This is what the liberals want.

Do not let them bully you out of your thoughts. They wonder why Bush won? Maybe they need to look at themselves. This country is getting tired of accepting every deviant behavior known to man. Hell, there are even freaks who think that Michael (child toucher) Jackson should be allowed to do what he does, it's his right. Give me a break!
Why is it that only your religion is supported? So you believe in god and your lifestyle is affected by that. So why hate on people who believe in being gay and choosing that as a life style. If people who are gay can go through all hatred and discrimination that is against them and still practice what they believe in, then I will respect that. Who the hell are you to say that what you believe in is better then what a gay person believes in. You believe in the bible good for you!! Others believe in the koran!!! good for them, but nothing makes your book better then anyother religion.

As regarding the military: Aren't there rules that prohibit sexually behavior towards another officer? Meaning if you make a pass towards a female officer don't you get punished? Why not do the same for everyone.

#202357 - 06/05/05 07:04 AM Re: Gays in the Military
jerseydevi1 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mostly_Harmless:
Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevi1:
[b]There will be no moral values allowed in this country! If you mention the bible or God, you will be ridiculed. The family as you know it is a thing of the past. This is what the liberals want.

Do not let them bully you out of your thoughts. They wonder why Bush won? Maybe they need to look at themselves. This country is getting tired of accepting every deviant behavior known to man. Hell, there are even freaks who think that Michael (child toucher) Jackson should be allowed to do what he does, it's his right. Give me a break!
Why is it that only your religion is supported? So you believe in god and your lifestyle is affected by that. So why hate on people who believe in being gay and choosing that as a life style. If people who are gay can go through all hatred and discrimination that is against them and still practice what they believe in, then I will respect that. Who the hell are you to say that what you believe in is better then what a gay person believes in. You believe in the bible good for you!! Others believe in the koran!!! good for them, but nothing makes your book better then anyother religion.

As regarding the military: Aren't there rules that prohibit sexually behavior towards another officer? Meaning if you make a pass towards a female officer don't you get punished? Why not do the same for everyone.[/b]
Do you realize that the moral values established in the evil book (The Bible for those non-liberals reading)are the values that this country was founded on? Don't you think it's ironic that our money and government buildings all say "in God we trust"? I never said my religion was better than others, but to have no religion as a moral compass, I believe is trouble.

Sorry, I will not be bullied out of my beliefs. Call me a bible thumper if you want, I do it with pride. Jesus said if you stand with me on earth, I will stand with you in the kingdom of heaven. If you forsake me on earth, I will forsake you before my father. He also asks that those who believe spread his word.I choose to listen to what my lord and saviour asks me to do, and I pray for those who don't.

#202358 - 06/05/05 07:07 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mostly_Harmless does have a great point and I agree, if they wanna be gay and deal with everthing that goes with it, go ahead, but don't expect society to entirely except flaming homosexuallity in every aspect of life because traditions die hard ... gay marraige in Canada is absolutle an abomination and should never have made it to the supreme courts but our government is a group of nutless cowards ... in regards to the military, basically do what you are told because that is part of the job description, if you don't like it go work security at Walmart [Finger]

#202359 - 06/05/05 07:32 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
[qb]
I've pissed off a few people around my neck of the woods when I wear that shirt. laugh [Smoking]

My wife has the "Once you go Asian, you never go Caucasian" t-shirt. [Finger]

Even my kids wear around the "I can kick your baby's ass." t-shirt.

I love T-shirt hell.

#202360 - 06/05/05 07:33 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
Hey, now that the coast guard falls under homeland security, There is one branch of the military that needs to be filled. (pentagon, five branches of the military... you know.) I say we develop a homosexual branch of the military. Their insignia can have lavender triangles, red ribbons, rainbow insignias etc. as long as the uniforms are incredibly fashionable, and the colors don't clash.

This elite fighting unit would be trained to pound on the enemy's chest screeching, "you beast!" and "I'll scratch your eyes out." They wouldn't be issued AR-15's, they'd be issued curling irons and sissors. Their mission? To trim and shave all those "hairy people" mentioned earlier. The mess and lodging accomodations would be modeled on that of the YMCA and Cher, Bette Midler or Barbra Striesand would be the General in charge of the troops.

It could work. [Rainbow]

#202361 - 06/05/05 07:37 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Tonka Ross Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mostly_Harmless:
Why is it that only your religion is supported?
Uh...what? Support? You've got to be kidding me, right?

Don't you realize that Christianity gets slammed every day in one way, shape or form? Whether it's some dolt trying to get rid of "Under God" out of our Pledge of Allegiance, or another trying to get the Ten Commandments out of a courthouse.

Now, how do you think people that are Christian react? Most turn the other cheek, or try to make a valid argument for their case/cause until they realize that it is futile, and just plain give up speaking their mind (see jerseydevil's post above).

I have heard people get bashed for being critical of the Muslim faith. But the same people can turn around and be just as critical of the Christian life and yet they are lauded for speaking out against the faith. Where did we go wrong here, people?

I follow as much as a Christian lifestyle as my need for enjoyment of life allows. Doesn't seem very Christian? Maybe not, but I certainly don't allow myself to bash one religion and then turn around and say another should not be criticized.

Do I believe in God? Perhaps. Do I believe in Allah? I don't know, I wasn't brought up as a Muslim. Does that mean my beliefs are right? According to me, they have to be, don't they? Or why else would they be my beliefs? Do I believe homosexuality is wrong? Yes. Do I go around and look for homosexuals to ridicule and bash? Absolutely not. Do I think they belong in the military? Absolutely - they have just as much of a right to get their arms and legs blown off by militant Muslims as a heterosexual.

But PLEASE don't tell me that having Christian beliefs in this day and age is out of style, or not hip, or not cool, or whatever the coined phrase is this week.

I have a hunch that in a few more decades, we will all wish we had a little more faith, and myabe, just MAYBE a little more unification of church and state. Because where we're headed, just doesn't appeal to me that much.

Peace,
Ross

#202362 - 06/05/05 07:40 AM Re: Gays in the Military
jerseydevi1 Offline

eek

well said, my friend, well said!

#202363 - 06/05/05 07:49 AM Re: Gays in the Military
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Don't forget sleeping arrangements. Many times there are 2 man rooms in the military. You going to let 2 openly gay males live together? What about openly gay females? (Reminds me of the t-shirthell.com shirt, I'm for gay marriages as long as both chicks are hot) Having openly gay people in the military would open a bunch of issues. Are you going to make a hetero male room with a gay male? (if it's an issue with the gay or hetero) It really does open a big can of worms.
A perfect assessment of the issue.

How do you sgregate gays like we have men and women?

Do you:

mix the gay and straight men?

put the gay men alone together?

put the gay men with the women?

put one gay man per one tent?

Or do you forget all that bullshit, stick with "don't ask don't tell" and drive on with the mission.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal