2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#203138 - 30/09/03 04:51 PM Why is Arafat still alive?
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Why do you think we are trying to force the Israelis to deal with a man we would kill in a heartbeat if we were in their situation? This is the one thing that completely irritates me about our foreign policy at the moment. We rightfully hunt down and kill terrorists, but we want the Israelis to negotiate with the grandaddy of all terrorists. WTF?

#203139 - 30/09/03 04:54 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
off2cjb Offline

I totally agree. Israel should be allowed to practice the same policies we are implementing.

#203140 - 30/09/03 05:35 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, that's a GREAT plan. Because it's worked SO WELL for us. Bin Laden still out there, Saddam still on the run...

Using your argument, the Isralies wouldn't even know where Arafat WAS!

#203141 - 30/09/03 05:38 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
off2cjb Offline

Are you accidentally forgetting to take your meds?

#203142 - 30/09/03 05:58 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:

Are you accidentally forgetting to take your meds?
But it's OK for Madman to go off, huh? I see you're just as hypocritical as usual.

:rolleyes:

I don't care what these Philistines say about you, all I have to say is welcome to XOC WilMac1023! We need more people like yourself to even things up around here.

[Wave]

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#203143 - 30/09/03 06:05 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Yeah why is Arafat still alive?

Let's have the lefties on the board answer this question. They are the ones who support him.

#203144 - 30/09/03 06:12 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
2001frontier Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
Yeah, that's a GREAT plan. Because it's worked SO WELL for us. Bin Laden still out there, Saddam still on the run...

Using your argument, the Isralies wouldn't even know where Arafat WAS!
We haven't been attacked again, and Saddam is no longer running Iraq. Catching a single individual on foreign soil is difficult. This argument has no merit really.

#203145 - 30/09/03 06:12 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Yeah why is Arafat still alive?

Let's have the lefties on the board answer this question. They are the ones who support him.
'cause the Israelis have let him? laugh

Seriously though... I think that there are several reasons. At one point, there was belief that he actually was interested in finding peace. Obviously he isn't (or is indifferent to the point of effectively being guilty of not wanting it). Also, I'm sure there's pressure from us not to kill him. And, I think the Israelis themselves are a little unsure of doing it - not that it's not bad enough now, but killing him would open up an even bigger can of worms.

Just my opinion.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#203146 - 30/09/03 06:14 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

cause the Israelis have let him?
Why is that Moby?

#203147 - 30/09/03 06:15 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
Mobycat Offline

Just edited it.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#203148 - 30/09/03 06:29 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Just edited it.
I just wanted to hear your reasons for the fact that he is still breathing.

Yes... The U.S. government has protected him. Let's not forget about the European dirtbags. Anti-Semitism had a lot to with it in the beginning.

No... I don't think anyone who is grounded in reality ever thought that Arafat ever wanted peace. That was wishful thinking on their part. Everyone knows the truth now. I actually think the saner element of the Palestinians want him gone.

#203149 - 30/09/03 06:32 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
2001frontier Offline

Oh hell. He is a fucking dirtbag, and does not deserve to breathe our air. This guy has been a rejectionist from the start. His uncle, who is a Palestinian hero, conspired with Hitler to wipe out the Jews, and incited violence against the Jews time after time. People wonder why Sharon refuses to deal with him. He knows the truth, thats why.

#203150 - 30/09/03 06:35 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
Mobycat Offline

The thing that I really can't understand is that even though no terrorist has ever got what they wanted (at least as far as I know...maybe one did somewhere), they continue to do it.

I just don't understand why. I mean...so bin laden wants us out of the middle east. OK, so that is what he wants. But is he so clueless to not see that only when it's been done peacefully (MLK, Ghandi) has protest really had a major effect?

If there were peace, would we have a need to have troops over there at all? If they were to get along peacefully, couldn't we let them go on about as they wish?

Why is it that they can't understand that?

I dunno...maybe I'm just rambling.

#203151 - 30/09/03 06:40 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

He'd be dead already by the IDF if they kept the same honor code as the PLO. Make no mistake, the IDF had several opportunities to end him by means of a large ordinance. Many innocent lives would have been lost to positioning of Arafat. You see, the Israelis won't hesitate to kill two of their fighters for every one Soldier lost. When the lives of innocents are at stake, they cannot however react as perhaps their enemies would. Sharon was a "tanker". He will not hold back much longer. [Smoking]

#203152 - 30/09/03 06:48 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
2001frontier Offline

Hell they could have killed him each day for the last few years. We could loan them one daisy cutter, and BOOM no more terrafat compound. smile I think Sharon is going to give this new 'government' a chance to do the right thing. If they don't he will finish the problem. I still think that they need to just march through the territories and kill anyone who raises a weapon to them. Eventually people will stop wanting to die for their cause, and give up. Then and only then will there be peace in the region.

#203153 - 30/09/03 06:52 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

No... I don't think anyone who is grounded in reality ever thought that Arafat ever wanted peace. That was wishful thinking on their part. Everyone knows the truth now. I actually think the saner element of the Palestinians want him gone.
Look, if you kill Arafat, you'd have more chaos in the middle east than you do already now that Saddam is out of power. Look at what's going on in Iraq. Complete and utter lawlessness. If Arafat were to go, the entire Islamic middle east would rise up and kick Israel's ass, and we'd be there right in the middle of it. Unless Arafat dies of natural causes, we're up shit creek because of our alliance with Isreal.

#203154 - 30/09/03 06:53 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:

Oh hell. He is a fucking dirtbag, and does not deserve to breathe our air. This guy has been a rejectionist from the start. His uncle, who is a Palestinian hero, conspired with Hitler to wipe out the Jews, and incited violence against the Jews time after time. People wonder why Sharon refuses to deal with him. He knows the truth, thats why.
Yes ... I agree. I think he is a dirtbag and should be in a million pieces all over his compound in Ramallah. He will burn in hell eventually.

I do think that the West has propped him up for too many years. Because of that Israel is between a rock and a hard place. I have no doubt they wanted to kill him 30 years ago but they were stopped by Western governments including our own.

Have you ever noticed though that the only American presidents who kissed his ass were Democrats. Guess who was probably the most frequent visitor to the White House during Clinton's years?

Exiling him won't work. No other country wants him. He is too much trouble. Besides he can still run his terror operation abroad just like he used to do from Tunis.

I say... Let the chips fall where they may and exile him or kill him .... preferrably both. Bush is protecting him not only out of fear of the "so-called" Arab street, but out of fear of Arafat's Western European supporters.

We all know the other Arab countries don't give two shits about the Palestinians. They just use them in their anti-Israeli bullshit which by default leads to anti-American bullshit.

It wouldn't be smart for us to conspire to outright kill him now because of the war on terror. Middle Eastern insanity would explode.

If he were to suddenly die of a heart attack soon... well maybe that's the ticket.

#203155 - 30/09/03 06:56 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

I just don't understand why. I mean...so bin laden wants us out of the middle east. OK, so that is what he wants.
Are you serious with that comment. Bin Laden just hates us and wants to kill. That is all. He has absolutely no political objectives. Any objectives he claims is only for the purpose of enlisting supporters.

#203156 - 30/09/03 06:56 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
2001frontier Offline

Bwahahahahah. Read your history book again sonny. The Arab world already tried to defeat Israel and got their asses kicked. If they tried it again the ass whooping would be even worse.

If someones primary belief is that you have no right to exist, why would you try to deal with them. If you have tried to deal with them repeatedly, and they repeatedly rejected every reasonable thing you offered, why would you try to deal with them.

Iraq is better off than you believe. By the time we are done there the country will be MUCH better off than it ever was under Saddam's brutal fist.

#203157 - 30/09/03 07:00 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Look at what's going on in Iraq. Complete and utter lawlessness.
Oh really. What the hell are you reading? Too much Robert Scheer I think.

Life in Iraq is not that bad now. Things are getting better every day.

There are a lot of terrorists who have entered the country, but there is not utter lawlessness.

You are fucked up...

#203158 - 30/09/03 07:01 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
Eventually people will stop wanting to die for their cause, and give up. Then and only then will there be peace in the region.
Good God, you have no idea what you are saying here. Fanatics will ALWAYS be here. There will always be SOME lunatic that overdoses on the Koran or the Bible or the Torah and blow up other people in the name of God. As a Christian, I'm appalled at those that would kill abortion doctors in the name of religion. But those people are ALWAYS GOING TO BE AROUND. There will never be peace in the middle east because there will always be a high ratio of fanatics over there. It's always been that way, and it always will be.

The other side of it is that we cannot continue to support Isreal in the manner that we have. Read the UN Charter of 1948. The UN TOOK LAND that the Palestinians have lived on since 1187. In 1948 The Jews claimed the establishment of a state for themselves over the land of Palestine and called it Israel. Hundreds of thousands of Muslims were forced out of Palestine under the military pressure of Jewish terrorist groups such as the Irgun, Levi, and Haganot which were financed and armed by the British army. This is what scares the Muslims in the middle east--that we are the new empire that is going to force them out of their rightful land.

Because of this, if there is ever to be peace in the middle east, we cannot support the nation of Isreal like we have. We have to negotiate with both sides to share the land. As long as one powers over the other, they cannot live in harmony. It's just the way it is.

#203159 - 30/09/03 07:02 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
2001frontier Offline

Quote:
It wouldn't be smart for us to conspire to outright kill him now because of the war on terror. Middle Eastern insanity would explode.

If he were to suddenly die of a heart attack soon... well maybe that's the ticket.
I disagree with you there man. I understand the point, but think about this. If he were in Albany, and was supporting suicide bombers in New York city would you feel the same way? This is the base of the 'maybe they will leave us alone if we ignore them' argument.

Another note about the first time the Arabs tried to destroy Israel. They used American Shermans with updated French guns. How ironic, eh?

#203160 - 30/09/03 07:03 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Quote:

I just don't understand why. I mean...so bin laden wants us out of the middle east. OK, so that is what he wants.
Are you serious with that comment. Bin Laden just hates us and wants to kill. That is all. He has absolutely no political objectives. Any objectives he claims is only for the purpose of enlisting supporters.
But would he hate us to the degree he does if we weren't there?

I guess bringing him into this conversation wasn't wise. He's just a nutcase. Back to the Israeli situation... the people in Hamas and such - do they not realize if things were peaceful, they may get a little more to their liking? Obviously, Israel is here to stay, so they might as well give up on trying to oust the Israelis.

#203161 - 30/09/03 07:08 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:

Look at what's going on in Iraq. Complete and utter lawlessness.
Oh really. What the hell are you reading? Too much Robert Scheer I think.

Life in Iraq is not that bad now. Things are getting better every day.

There are a lot of terrorists who have entered the country, but there is not utter lawlessness.

You are fucked up...
I'm going to reprint an email from a friend of mine that goes to my church. He is working as an interpreter with the companies that are looking for the WMD's. You can sense the sarcasm in his voice.

Quote:
Hi Everyone!

I would like to host small group next time. We have several choices of where to meet: one, at the camp where I live now, which has a man-made lake; two, at one of Saddam's former palaces; three at an abandoned mosque not too far away. Please vote Sunday morning, then send me your preference. Then, since I and my colleagues here are unable to find any WMD, we have plenty of time to ready our small group meeting location before each of you arrives. Since President Bush recently requested $87 billion to fix Iraq in the next year, we can use some of that money to charter an air force plane to bring everyone here. There is no need to rsvp, as we are used to constant changes in personnel.

Adios,

John
Three days later, I got this email from his wife.

Quote:
I just got an e-mail from John and there was a mortar attack at his camp
last night around 7:30.
At least four mortar rounds hit the camp, but thank God there were no
casualties. Please keep
him and his group in your prayers for God to keep them all safe.
Yeah. Sounds like things are REALLY looking better every day.

#203162 - 30/09/03 07:09 PM Re: Why is Arafat still alive?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
If Arafat were to go, the entire Islamic middle east would rise up and kick Israel's ass
Quote:

Bwahahahahah. Read your history book again sonny. The Arab world already tried to defeat Israel and got their asses kicked.
"01 fronty's so right Leader after leader, faction after faction, nation after nation, Israel has overcome any attacks, including all eastern and Arab nations at once, it's called the "three day war". Get it? THREE DAYS. [Smoking]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal