shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#203208 - 25/09/03 01:43 PM Screw you, HP!
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=11706
http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=102656&st=0
http://www.igwanarob.net/index.php?itemid=77

Quote:
For over 2 months HP has been selling a 17" flat-panel LCD monitor for $199 - less than 50% off (sic) the $449 normal price.

Now they say it was a mistake, and not only are they canceling orders in progress, they actually expect people to either pay the difference or return the monitors!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'd love to see them try.

#203209 - 25/09/03 01:56 PM Re: Screw you, HP!
Pumpkinhead Offline

Loc: Canada
Sounds a little urban legendish. No way HP lawyers would let "collectors" call customers to cough up cash or have the return of the monitor arranged. I call BS.

#203210 - 25/09/03 02:11 PM Re: Screw you, HP!
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
There's copies of the e-mail and the phone calls on some of those links. I dont think it's BS. If it is it's an elaborate ruse that a LOT of people are contributing to .

#203211 - 25/09/03 04:46 PM Re: Screw you, HP!
Firebraun Offline

Loc: Reno, Nevada
Reading that really pissed me off, so I called HP at a number that was listed in one of the original links, 1-800-888-0292 (pick option 4, then pick option 2), to ask them if it was true.

The operator told me that they were in the process of "notifying affected customers of their options." So, I just flat out asked her if they were going to try to extort more money from customers who had already bought and recieved one, or were they only going to cancel orders that hadn't shipped yet.

She then started asking me questions, and when she asked me if I was "an affected customer" and was told "No, I'm just researching this to see if what I read online is true," she told me that she would not discuss the matter with me any further, and refered me to their "customer affairs" office.

Hmmmmm, sounds like they're circling the wagons already! Screw 'em. I forwarded the links above to a few consumer advocates and the Better Business Bureau. Let HP deal with someone who plays in their league, instead of trying to extort money from some ol' Joe Blow who thought he was getting a great deal on a monitor. Jackasses. Stuff like this really pisses me off.

mad

#203212 - 25/09/03 04:55 PM Re: Screw you, HP!
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Quote:
Originally posted by Firebraun:
Reading that really pissed me off, so I called HP at a number that was listed in one of the original links, 1-800-888-0292 (pick option 4, then pick option 2), to ask them if it was true.

HAHAHHAHAHAH! I did too. I was so annoyed reading all of that ?I wanted to find out of it was legit. I called and said I got an e-mail and wanted to know what the problem was. I didn't get past the first screener who told me that she couldn't help me unless I gave her an order number of my purchase. To say she was annoyed
and evasive is an understatement.

#203213 - 25/09/03 05:15 PM Re: Screw you, HP!
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
LOL... damn no joke... I did it too smile i got the Socalpunx reception

#203214 - 25/09/03 05:34 PM Re: Screw you, HP!
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
This is one case where someone needs to send it off to the media and make complete fools of HP.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#203215 - 25/09/03 05:37 PM Re: Screw you, HP!
Todrick Offline

NBC
CBS
ABC
as well as several stations in the LA and Phoenbix area have all recieved e-mails from me in the last 45 minutes...

the phone call to HP is what pushed me over the edge...

#203216 - 25/09/03 09:59 PM Re: Screw you, HP!
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
HP messed up, they're punishment should be to suck it up.

I can't belive they want everybody to pay up for the mistake they made. If they offered it for $199 and sold it willingly to customers at that price then the deal is done.

You don't get a computer from HP then call them and say, "my friend bought a different brand and it's faster than mine, I want you to pay me $250 for convincing me to buy a inferior product."

Xterra101.com

#203217 - 26/09/03 07:32 AM Re: Screw you, HP!
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
If I had bought one they would be screwed. "You will get my cheap monitor back when you pry it from my cold dead hands!" smile

#203218 - 26/09/03 08:31 AM Re: Screw you, HP!
oleblue Offline

Loc: Winter Park, CO
wait until they add it to your credit reports for non payment. They can mess with your life that way. They don't care if it's not right - they will loose in the end, but years later.

#203219 - 26/09/03 09:00 AM Re: Screw you, HP!
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by oleblue:
wait until they add it to your credit reports for non payment. They can mess with your life that way. They don't care if it's not right - they will loose in the end, but years later.
I have the feeling that would be illegal and they'd get in some hot water for that.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#203220 - 26/09/03 09:58 AM Re: Screw you, HP!
Firebraun Offline

Loc: Reno, Nevada
Strike this one as a victory for the little guy and evidence of what a lot of pesky phone calls can do! HP caved!

Here\'s a reply that the webmaster of HardwareGeeks.com got yesterday when he contacted HP. (Pasted below in case the link doesn't work)

25 Sep 2003 - 23:53
"On September 8, 2003 an error on the HP SMB web site allowed HP customers to purchase L1502 and L1702 monitors at a reduced price of $99 and $199, respectively, instead of the regular prices of $305 and $429. As is standard web pricing policy, our web site clearly states that we are not liable for any pricing errors and that in the event that we inadvertently ship an order based on a pricing error, we will issue a revised invoice or assist customers with return of the product. Based on this policy, HP sent a request to customers who purchased the monitors requesting they either return the product or pay the difference.

HP values the relationships we have with our customers, and has decided to honor the incorrect pricing for those customers that placed an order and have received their product. We are currently attempting to contact each individual by phone, as well sending an email, with sincere regret over any inconvenience caused by this error and asking each of them to disregard any prior communication on this issue."

This basically means that those who have recieved the Monitor will get an apology in the mail. And there will be no need to return the monitor.

#203221 - 26/09/03 10:05 AM Re: Screw you, HP!
Todrick Offline

but it also means all orders that have not shipped... will not...

thats still messed up.

I will never buy another HP product... the simple fact that they even attempted this shows me the kind of company they are... one I am not willing to do business with.

#203222 - 28/09/03 10:53 PM Re: Screw you, HP!
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
Chiseling BASTARDS!

-Rick

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal