2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#203223 - 15/07/03 05:22 AM Pat Robertson: Crack Pot
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
I always knew this loony didn't have all his oars in the water, but this one just proved it:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2003-07-15-roberston-court_x.htm

What sane person would ask his followers to pray for God to remove three justices from the Supreme Court so they could be replaced by conservatives? What's with these paranoid religious zealots? This country does not belong to them, it belongs to the people, and the Supreme Court must always keep this in mind when they make a ruling. Someone needs to explain to this wacko the concept of "Separation of Church and State"

:rolleyes:

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#203224 - 15/07/03 05:28 AM Re: Pat Robertson: Crack Pot
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
I saw on O'reilly that he also supports that Liberian dictator because he's a "good christian man." In reality Robertson owns a gold mine over there that he wants to have "bankroll" his church after he is gone. The problem is, if Charles Taylor leaves, his contract might become null and void and he will be out millions. We all know what Pat Robertson worships. wink

#203225 - 15/07/03 05:36 AM Re: Pat Robertson: Crack Pot
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
The same letter targets three justices in particular: "One justice is 83-years-old, another has cancer and another has a heart condition. Would it not be possible for God to put it in the minds of these three judges that the time has come to retire?"

So then, I would assume that he is also praying for Cheney to retire?

Is the 700 Club a tax-exempt religious entity? If so, I think this action of his clearly shows that the tax-exempt status should be yanked.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#203226 - 15/07/03 05:43 AM Re: Pat Robertson: Crack Pot
ashleynatlanta Offline

Loc: Birmingham, AL
I think the 700 Club does pay taxes, albeit UBT (unrelated business taxes). Robertson needs to step aside and realize this world is changing around him. I too am sick of the religious zealots shoving their elitest views down everyone's throat, but I am more sick of minorities and special interest groups thinking we all have to agree with their views as well.

Tolerance is out. Hate is hot for 2003!!

#203227 - 15/07/03 06:56 AM Re: Pat Robertson: Crack Pot
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
There are no televangelists that I would trust to walk an old lady across the street. They are all either greedy pervs or extremist whackos. They should all crawl back under the rock they came from.

This is much the same way I feel about the leadership of certain advocacy groups on the left.

#203228 - 15/07/03 07:51 AM Re: Pat Robertson: Crack Pot
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
His gold mine in Liberia could be worth $1.7 billion. He only invested like $8 million. He was going to give Taylor's govt. 10%. This proves that he cares more about money than people. Taylor used to be a mechanic in Detroit. I think I need to go to Africa and take over a country. laugh

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal