shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#203254 - 28/04/03 02:31 PM Re: Separation of Church and State...Hello?
Happy Birthday xterrapin Offline

Loc: San Francisco
What? Who? Why? confused
Is that an acceptable practice? Can you ask one of them why they do that? I am simply amazed. What, in their culture, says that is socially acceptable?
That's just fuckin' weird. I can understand the whole prayer thing, but......!!!!!!!! WTF??????

#203255 - 28/04/03 02:48 PM Re: Separation of Church and State...Hello?
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
You just quoted the reason they do it.

#203256 - 28/04/03 02:48 PM Re: Separation of Church and State...Hello?
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:

4. The bathrooms are so foul that you can't use them. Apparantly "purifying the soul for prayer" includes "purging your unclean thoughts through masturbation." Its not unusual at all to walk into the bathroom to discover a muslim man cranking one off in the stall.
Don't stalls have doors? How do you know he's not playing the spoons?

[LOL]

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#203257 - 28/04/03 02:54 PM Re: Separation of Church and State...Hello?
Rockaholic Offline

Loc: Reading, MA
Quote:
[QUOTE]Its OK to discuss orgasms, masturbatory techniques, and the safety of certain birth control methods, but NOT to discuss abstinence? We're supposed to enforce tolerance but there's no room in the science department for "Creationism" even if it were presented as a "theory?"
Ok, You are definately confused about something with the "Sex ed" reference. In my sex Ed Class, they definately stressed that abstinence was the only way to give a 100% guarantee that you would not cause a pregnency or spread any STD's. Abstinence is a form of birth control afterall. Schools can not teach an Abstinence only Sex Ed class - that does not mean they can not teach abstinence in a Sex Ed class.

The "Thoery of Creationism" is a term that doesn't exist, since Creatinism isn't a theory. Creationism (like evolution which it is so often compared to) would be a Concept, that is supported by various Theories (Such as Darwin's theory). The reason Creationism isn't taught, is because there isn't a Theory that supports Creationism. The reason there aren't any Thoeries is that the Hypotheses which would be the foundation of the Theories cannot be repeated or tested, so they can not be a hypothesis and are discarded.

#203258 - 28/04/03 02:58 PM Re: Separation of Church and State...Hello?
Rockaholic Offline

Quote:
Very serious. Its disgusting.
Not Only disgusting, but very unhygenic. That could cause some spreading of some seriously nasty diseases.

I beleive that what they aredoing would follow under a public sex act, which in most (if not all) states is illegal.

You might want to look into that.

#203259 - 28/04/03 02:58 PM Re: Separation of Church and State...Hello?
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Sorry Sean, I was talking to Xterrapin. The quote says why the jerk off in the bathroom.

Quote:
Apparantly "purifying the soul for prayer" includes "purging your unclean thoughts through masturbation."

#203260 - 28/04/03 04:57 PM Re: Separation of Church and State...Hello?
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
Quote:
Originally posted by mbflyerfan:
[b]

[b]Do I think having a stone tablet with the commandments on it is offensive to me as an atheist? No. Truth is truth regardless of where you believe it came from. [/b]
Be honest here, as an Atheist, do you really take offense to seeing them there? [/b]
If you read my original post, you would already see the answer to that question.

#203261 - 28/04/03 07:09 PM Re: Separation of Church and State...Hello?
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]

[b]Do I think having a stone tablet with the commandments on it is offensive to me as an atheist? No. Truth is truth regardless of where you believe it came from. [/b]
Be honest here, as an Atheist, do you really take offense to seeing them there? [/b]
If you read my original post, you would already see the answer to that question.[/b]
Yes, I see and saw where you answered it. I was asking the Atheists in this group in general. Sorry for the miscomms.

#203262 - 29/04/03 04:40 AM Re: Separation of Church and State...Hello?

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
You just quoted the reason they do it.
That can't be true?!? I read the Quaran and I don't recall reading that part???? Seriously, you think that's why? Gross.

#203263 - 29/04/03 04:55 AM Re: Separation of Church and State...Hello?
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:

Yes, I see and saw where you answered it. I was asking the Atheists in this group in general. Sorry for the miscomms.

"I am not young enough to know everything" Oscar Wilde
Interesting signature you got there Off-Your-Crib. Did you know Oscar Wilde led a double life that involved little boys?

http://www.robotwisdom.com/jorn/wilde.html

[LOL]

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#203264 - 29/04/03 06:58 AM Re: Separation of Church and State...Hello?
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Rockaholic:
Not Only disgusting, but very unhygenic. That could cause some spreading of some seriously nasty diseases.
Precisely why a lot of us don't use the restrooms. We take our "smoke breaks " (I don't smoke, but if they get a break...) and walk down to the warehouse.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rockaholic:
I beleive that what they aredoing would follow under a public sex act, which in most (if not all) states is illegal.

You might want to look into that.
I don't want to "look into" any part of this. I'm still relatively "new" here (5 months) and I don't want the "crusader" label. There are certainly members of HR who are "looking into" a politically correct way to stop it without having to draft a "no masturbation in the bathroom" policy.

You shouldn't have to tell people that washing their feet in the same sink you use to rinse out your coffee mug is "bad." mad mad mad

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#203265 - 29/04/03 01:02 PM Re: Separation of Church and State...Hello?
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Quote:

"I am not young enough to know everything" Oscar Wilde
Interesting signature you got there Off-Your-Crib. Did you know Oscar Wilde led a double life that involved little boys?

http://www.robotwisdom.com/jorn/wilde.html

[LOL]
I can't seem to find further evidence to support your claim. But if it is true, then my signature will change. For the time being, I shall change it to something more appropiate. Thanks for the potential heads up.

#203266 - 30/04/03 12:22 AM Re: Separation of Church and State...Hello?
Booya Offline

Loc: Utah
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman :
There is an all out war against Judeo/Christianity in this country by the left.
If that is not the truth, I don't know what is.

I do not sense and I do not see any respect from the same group you mentioned about others beliefs.

Meanwhile, this group is trying to use our country's judicial system to force American citizens of all religious faiths, to respect their views, wishes and commands while subsequent court decisions in their favor, infringe on everyone else’s beliefs. These so called rights that come from these decisions destroy our very human rights and the proper values this free country was founded on.

NY Madman, I don't agree with everything you write but in most cases I do and I agree with you here.

PNUTMNM, I enjoy your comments on this issue as well.

#203267 - 30/04/03 04:41 AM Re: Separation of Church and State...Hello?

Chalk one up in the win column for the Constitution.
Virginia Military Institute supper-time prayers are unconstitutional. Read about it here.

#203268 - 06/05/03 10:10 PM Re: Separation of Church and State...Hello?
Rockaholic Offline

Quote:
I don't want to "look into" any part of this. I'm still relatively "new" here (5 months) and I don't want the "crusader" label. There are certainly members of HR who are "looking into" a politically correct way to stop it without having to draft a "no masturbation in the bathroom" policy.
I meant "look into" the laws...
If you're into looking at "other things", well... eek

I'd just look at the local laws, and if you find something that applies, then just leave a copy in an inbox of someone in the HR department. Simple, effective, and no backlash against you.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal