shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#203399 - 19/09/03 11:27 AM What does it mean to be American?
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
ok with all the laws being passed lately

Illegal imigrants can now:

-Open US Bank accounts
-Attend US schools at the same or lower tuition than residents
-Get a drivers license
-Vote
-Pass firearms background checks
-Get FREE medical care including full maturnity stays

so
what do we have as americans?
what does it mean to be an american?
is it not better to be an illegal imigrant in america?

this is just starting to bug me.
does the constitution really apply to non-citizens... I always asusmed that the US constitution would only apply to US citizens...

hell if it applies ot everyone... those canadians need to be more forcefull in their "right to keep and bare arms", and the chinese student might want to think about exercising their "freedom of speach"

maybe its just me but... I think if your not a citizen, you dont deserve a drivers license, low cost schooling, a bank account, a fucking gun, free maturnity treatment our hospitals...

You deserve a Boot in the ass, and a can of "Shut the fuck up" juice...

come here legaly then we'll talk.

am I nuts?

#203400 - 19/09/03 11:39 AM Re: What does it mean to be American?
jorge Offline

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
..maybe its just me but... I think if your not a citizen, you dont deserve a drivers license, low cost schooling, a bank account, a fucking gun, free maturnity treatment our hospitals...
Okay, you're mixing "Illegal Immigrants" and non-citizens.

You're saying a resident alien (me and my green card) does not deserve a drivers license or the ability to open a bank account, etc?

Plethora of photos , videos , a Phlog ,
and a site with kittens .
www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------
Homer, I see your daughter is one of those wave-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens.

#203401 - 19/09/03 11:46 AM Re: What does it mean to be American?
lemsip Offline

Loc: Lakewood, CO
Where can illegals vote ? I am a legal alien and I can't vote (not objecting to that by the way).

#203402 - 19/09/03 12:39 PM Re: What does it mean to be American?
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
California....

Yep, The liberal crowd has stripped or is trying to strip all that it means to be an "American" away from us... It's funny, because we have to be diversified and understanding of other's culture here in America, but if I, as a white male who was born and raised here, trys to defend or be outspoken about my "heritage" then I am nothing but a racist or bigot..... Our country is being pieced apart from the inside... out... What can we do? Vote, I will actually vote this time around, but what difference has it made? I haven't seen a change for the better in over 10 years......

#203403 - 19/09/03 12:44 PM Re: What does it mean to be American?
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Andy Rooney said this on 60 minutes:

I like big cars, big boats, big motorcycles, big houses and big campfires.

I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some governmental stooge with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts for squirting out babies.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers.. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens. Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the Law of Probability.

I know what sex is, and there are not varying degrees of it. If I received sex from one of my subordinates in my office, it wouldn't be a private matter or my personal business. I would be "FIRED" immediately!

I believe that if you are selling me a milk shake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak
English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours. I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry self if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I feel much safer letting a machine with no political affiliation recount votes when needed. I know what the definition of lying is.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor. I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them.

I believe a self-righteous liberal or conservative with a cause is more dangerous than a Hell's Angel with an attitude.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on the building. Ask your buddy that invented the Internet to help you.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say "NO!"

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be "African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else.

And if you don't like my point of view, tough. DON'T PASS IT ON!!!

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#203404 - 19/09/03 01:14 PM Re: What does it mean to be American?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
California....
California just doesn't count any more. It's no longer a United State, just a bunch of land full of whackos.

#203405 - 19/09/03 01:23 PM Re: What does it mean to be American?
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
Andy Rooney said this on 60 minutes:

...snip...

No he didn't.

Snopes
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#203406 - 19/09/03 01:57 PM Re: What does it mean to be American?
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by lemsip:
Where can illegals vote ? I am a legal alien and I can't vote (not objecting to that by the way).
Yep, with a CA drivers license all you have to do is sign a piece of paper to vote.

#203407 - 19/09/03 04:30 PM Re: What does it mean to be American?
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
Quote:
[b]Where can illegals vote ? I am a legal alien and I can't vote (not objecting to that by the way).
Yep, with a CA drivers license all you have to do is sign a piece of paper to vote.[/b]
And this is not because they have the right to vote, this is because most people assume that because you have a license you are a citizen, and therefore have the right to vote. I actually called my Senator today to see if there was anything that can be done to stop the madness. I left a message, I doubt he will care because he is a democrat, and a liberal one at that. But I never did anything like that before and I believe now it is time to get involved. I have a cousin who is an assemblyman here in Jersey and its about time I stop talking about it and start doing something about it.

#203408 - 19/09/03 05:10 PM Re: What does it mean to be American?
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
[b]Andy Rooney said this on 60 minutes:

...snip...

No he didn't.

Snopes [/b]
Oh well. I still agree with it!

#203409 - 19/09/03 05:36 PM Re: What does it mean to be American?
ATFrontier Offline

Loc: Loganville,Georgia
If this California shit continues accross this country, it will only cause more cival unrest. It will lead to the ultimate. Cival War! IMO

#203410 - 19/09/03 05:55 PM Re: What does it mean to be American?
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Todrick ... You are absolutely correct with your post.

The problem is all the lefties and liberals don't care anything about what it means to be an American. Most of them don't consider themselves American or feel they owe this country anything, including their allegiance. They look upon themselves as citizens of the world, not America. Extreme liberalism is a MENTAL ILLNESS and this insanity is destroying the country.

Regarding the Andy Rooney quotes that were posted, I knew right away he would NEVER say any of those things. He is a liberal, plus the lefties that run "60 Minutes" and CBS would never allow anything like that to be aired by an employee.

(I do agree with the remarks though)

MBFlyer.... Don't waste your time with any of your Senators. Both of them are on the left. They are not as radical leftists as my Senators are, but they are a waste of time, space and flesh.

Loganville..... I often feel another Civil War is the only way this country can save itself.

#203411 - 19/09/03 09:18 PM Re: What does it mean to be American?
lemsip Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MBFlyerfan:
And this is not because they have the right to vote, this is because most people assume that because you have a license you are a citizen, and therefore have the right to vote.
Do these votes count ? or do they get rejected because the voter was ineligible. I thought you couldn't vote unless you were on the electoral register.

In Colorado there was a move to allow illegals the right to have driving licenses so that they could drive without breaking the law. I would have though that by breathing they were breaking a far more serious that made the license irrelevant.

What would happen to the US economy if they kicked out all the illegals ? Wouldn't it be a similar effect to raising the minimum wage ? Maybe thats why nothing is done and it isnt part of the massive liberal conspiracy to take over the universe.

#203412 - 19/09/03 10:09 PM Re: What does it mean to be American?
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:

Do these votes count ? or do they get rejected because the voter was ineligible. I thought you couldn't vote unless you were on the electoral register.

In Colorado there was a move to allow illegals the right to have driving licenses so that they could drive without breaking the law. I would have though that by breathing they were breaking a far more serious that made the license irrelevant.

What would happen to the US economy if they kicked out all the illegals ? Wouldn't it be a similar effect to raising the minimum wage ? Maybe thats why nothing is done and it isnt part of the massive liberal conspiracy to take over the universe.
Yes of course... With a drivers license it is extremely easy to commit voter fraud. The Democrats are masters at voter fraud. Always have been.

Who do you think works at the majority of the nations polling places? Wait.. I forgot. You don't vote and don't want to, so do you really give two shits.

#203413 - 19/09/03 11:02 PM Re: What does it mean to be American?
2001frontier Offline

Quote:
These illegals tax the system so badly that getting rid of them can only help the economy. Sure our goods might be a bit more expensive, but we won't have to pay to school, feed, and take care of all these people that pay no taxes. There should be no minimum wage anyway.

#203414 - 20/09/03 01:36 AM Re: What does it mean to be American?
LAXterra Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
California just doesn't count any more. It's no longer a United State, just a bunch of land full of whackos.
... an home of the Rubicon Trail. laugh

Come visit sometime... then leave and take someone with you. :p

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

#203415 - 20/09/03 01:49 AM Re: What does it mean to be American?
LAXterra Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Yes of course... With a drivers license it is extremely easy to commit voter fraud. The Democrats are masters at voter fraud. Always have been.

Who do you think works at the majority of the nations polling places? Wait.. I forgot. You don't vote and don't want to, so do you really give two shits.
Why do you think Davis is pandering to ILLEGAL aliens. The courts so far have delayed the election until March. The ILLEGAL aliens can get drivers licenses starting in January. Who do you think thier legal alien friends and those who now have legal ID will vote for?

The pandering Governor will do anything to stay in office.
mad

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

#203416 - 20/09/03 10:01 AM Re: What does it mean to be American?
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
oh to clarify

no, i have no issues with resident aliens...

my mother was one until 1990 smile

I still find it hilarious that when asked for a reason why ILLEGAL imigrants wont use their new DL to vote... those in power say "its a non-issue" "they know they can't"

yeah, and they knew they couldn't run across that river in the dead of night carrying all their belongings on there back... but they did it.

what part of ILLEGAL do they not understand

#203417 - 20/09/03 04:09 PM Re: What does it mean to be American?
lemsip Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Wait.. I forgot. You don't vote and don't want to, so do you really give two shits.
I would love to be able to vote, so much so that one day I may cross my fingers and pledge allegance to that flag, or what ever it is you have to do.

#203418 - 20/09/03 05:32 PM Re: What does it mean to be American?
2001frontier Offline

If you want to be a citizen, you have to take the good with the bad my friend. If you don't want to pledge allegiance to our flag, go home.

#203419 - 20/09/03 06:03 PM Re: What does it mean to be American?
Mosi Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
If you don't want to pledge allegiance to our flag, go home.
That's the best thing I have heard in a long time!

#203420 - 21/09/03 01:03 AM Re: What does it mean to be American?
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
Quote:
The only problem is that they work all the shit jobs that American citizens don't want to do. There would be a huge amout of openings for janitors and garbage men but it would still be a pain in the ass to get a job that makes more than $8.00 and hour.

I just don't see how it's possible for illegal immigrants to hide here. It seems that you need a SSN for just about anything, if they don't have one how can they get housing and jobs without being vagrants?

I wonder how much it would cost to deport all the illegal immigrants in the US? Moving 7 million people would require alot of planning.

Xterra101.com

#203421 - 21/09/03 09:11 AM Re: What does it mean to be American?
2001frontier Offline

The 'Americans won't do those jobs' argumet is a falicy. Illegal immigrants compete with uneducated natives for these jobs. Also, studies have shown that the economic benefits to consumers of illegals being underpaid results in maybe .08 to .2 cents per dollar spent.

#203422 - 21/09/03 09:47 AM Re: What does it mean to be American?
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Quote:
The 'Americans won't do those jobs' argumet is a falicy. Illegal immigrants compete with uneducated natives for these jobs. Also, studies have shown that the economic benefits to consumers of illegals being underpaid results in maybe .08 to .2 cents per dollar spent.
I agree. I did those jobs while in high school, while going to school after I came out of the military etc..... Most of the "shit" jobs are stopping points for a younger person while they build experience and prepare for their careers after schooling etc.. Some actually end up making careers out of it... Contrary to popular belief, not all "americans" or for some of you, not all "white americans" are doctors, lawyers, executives, etc.... Some of us actually do or did manual labor.......

#203423 - 21/09/03 05:03 PM Re: What does it mean to be American?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say "NO!"

Thank you!!

BTW not that I disagreed with most if any of the rest of your statement, but these two echo the loudest with me personally.

#203424 - 22/09/03 06:14 AM Re: What does it mean to be American?
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
Quote:
Originally posted by Kerensky97:
[QUOTE]I just don't see how it's possible for illegal immigrants to hide here. It seems that you need a SSN for just about anything, if they don't have one how can they get housing and jobs without being vagrants?

I wonder how much it would cost to deport all the illegal immigrants in the US? Moving 7 million people would require alot of planning.
Illegal aliens have been hiding here for sooo many many years now that the only way the INS takes care of that problem is by way of Amnesty--which interestingly enough, usually happens before an election. As long as you don't commit a crime, your presence as an illegal will be unnoticed. After 9/11 the INS supposedly have stricter rules and regulations with regards to granting visas. Still, it is not perfect. A tourist can overstay and have no worries of getting caught. The INS have no funds and manpower to track every single entry.

Housing? Many stay with relatives who are legal residents or rent rooms instead.
SSN? Get one for $75 in downtown L.A....$150 if you want a fake green card to go with that.
Once you possess these two forms of documentation, you are all set. Get a job, rent an apartment, buy a car. Eventually get married to an American citizen or wait for the next amnesty. Easy. Hundreds of thousands have done it this way.

How can you deport someone whose whereabouts you don't know? Whose identity has probably changed? A lot of planning and a lot of taxpayers dollars is what it will cost, if its even possible. It's not gonna happen.

#203425 - 22/09/03 07:03 AM Re: What does it mean to be American?
2001frontier Offline

The thing to do is get the borders closed first. Once you really secure the borders, you can grant amesty to those staying here. Make them register, and kick out all the criminals among them. Then after say a six month grace period, any illegals found in the country go to prison for 10 years, and then get deported. That would give them incentive to register.

#203426 - 22/09/03 08:08 AM Re: What does it mean to be American?
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
The thing to do is get the borders closed first. Once you really secure the borders, you can grant amesty to those staying here. Make them register, and kick out all the criminals among them. Then after say a six month grace period, any illegals found in the country go to prison for 10 years, and then get deported. That would give them incentive to register.
No prison for them - send them out immediately. I don't want to pay more for them to have free housing.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#203427 - 22/09/03 08:17 AM Re: What does it mean to be American?
2001frontier Offline

I just think a nice prison stint would make them less likely not to register. How about hard labor fixing roads and shit while they are locked up? I think we should make our prisons money makers instead of money takers.

#203428 - 22/09/03 11:11 PM Re: What does it mean to be American?
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
Quote:
Originally posted by gmaxis:
SSN? Get one for $75 in downtown L.A....$150 if you want a fake green card to go with that.
That's sick.
Quote:
The INS have no funds and manpower to track every single entry.
I know of $87 billion that should be used to help out.

Xterra101.com

#203429 - 23/09/03 06:32 AM Re: What does it mean to be American?
2001frontier Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kerensky97:
I know of $87 billion that should be used to help out.
Yeah, lets just do a half ass job in Afghanistan and Iraq, and make the terrorist situation even worse. :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal