2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#203424 - 22/09/03 06:14 AM Re: What does it mean to be American?
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
Quote:
Originally posted by Kerensky97:
[QUOTE]I just don't see how it's possible for illegal immigrants to hide here. It seems that you need a SSN for just about anything, if they don't have one how can they get housing and jobs without being vagrants?

I wonder how much it would cost to deport all the illegal immigrants in the US? Moving 7 million people would require alot of planning.
Illegal aliens have been hiding here for sooo many many years now that the only way the INS takes care of that problem is by way of Amnesty--which interestingly enough, usually happens before an election. As long as you don't commit a crime, your presence as an illegal will be unnoticed. After 9/11 the INS supposedly have stricter rules and regulations with regards to granting visas. Still, it is not perfect. A tourist can overstay and have no worries of getting caught. The INS have no funds and manpower to track every single entry.

Housing? Many stay with relatives who are legal residents or rent rooms instead.
SSN? Get one for $75 in downtown L.A....$150 if you want a fake green card to go with that.
Once you possess these two forms of documentation, you are all set. Get a job, rent an apartment, buy a car. Eventually get married to an American citizen or wait for the next amnesty. Easy. Hundreds of thousands have done it this way.

How can you deport someone whose whereabouts you don't know? Whose identity has probably changed? A lot of planning and a lot of taxpayers dollars is what it will cost, if its even possible. It's not gonna happen.

#203425 - 22/09/03 07:03 AM Re: What does it mean to be American?
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
The thing to do is get the borders closed first. Once you really secure the borders, you can grant amesty to those staying here. Make them register, and kick out all the criminals among them. Then after say a six month grace period, any illegals found in the country go to prison for 10 years, and then get deported. That would give them incentive to register.

#203426 - 22/09/03 08:08 AM Re: What does it mean to be American?
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
The thing to do is get the borders closed first. Once you really secure the borders, you can grant amesty to those staying here. Make them register, and kick out all the criminals among them. Then after say a six month grace period, any illegals found in the country go to prison for 10 years, and then get deported. That would give them incentive to register.
No prison for them - send them out immediately. I don't want to pay more for them to have free housing.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#203427 - 22/09/03 08:17 AM Re: What does it mean to be American?
2001frontier Offline

I just think a nice prison stint would make them less likely not to register. How about hard labor fixing roads and shit while they are locked up? I think we should make our prisons money makers instead of money takers.

#203428 - 22/09/03 11:11 PM Re: What does it mean to be American?
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
Quote:
Originally posted by gmaxis:
SSN? Get one for $75 in downtown L.A....$150 if you want a fake green card to go with that.
That's sick.
Quote:
The INS have no funds and manpower to track every single entry.
I know of $87 billion that should be used to help out.

Xterra101.com

#203429 - 23/09/03 06:32 AM Re: What does it mean to be American?
2001frontier Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kerensky97:
I know of $87 billion that should be used to help out.
Yeah, lets just do a half ass job in Afghanistan and Iraq, and make the terrorist situation even worse. :rolleyes:

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal