shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#203430 - 30/04/03 03:18 AM Some Moderators...
off2cjb Offline

Geez, I wish we all had the ability to delete any post we see fit to delete at a time of our chosing. It appears some moderators have taken it upon themselves to delete anything they desire, particularly those posts in which these moderators are wrong or better yet owned. Come on guys, what's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

#203431 - 30/04/03 05:27 AM Re: Some Moderators...
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Give some examples, or we might ALL get offended...

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#203432 - 30/04/03 10:09 AM Re: Some Moderators...
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
Read my post under westX

#203433 - 30/04/03 12:41 PM Re: Some Moderators...
off2cjb Offline

Nothing much, just venting for no other reason than I posted a stupid photo of a Land Rover under the Photo portion and it is now gone. Also the WestX thing which I had no part of. There are threads I wish I could delete but cannot. I don't want to point fingers since it is not a big deal. Just wondering why someone chooses to do it, and others don't.

#203434 - 30/04/03 01:27 PM Re: Some Moderators...
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
Give some examples, or we might ALL get offended...
Touchy today ol' man or what. laugh

#203435 - 01/05/03 01:08 AM Re: Some Moderators...
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
Nothing much, just venting for no other reason than I posted a stupid photo of a Land Rover under the Photo portion and it is now gone.
Probably because this isn't a Land Rover forum.

The WestX thread had no business being on the board, it was a private discussion between two people and should have been handled via email.

It's better for everyone if the issues get worked out between the parties involved and don't affect the people attending, or the event itself.

#203436 - 01/05/03 01:59 AM Re: Some Moderators...
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
OK this thread is obviously solely about me...

I deleted threads in the WestX forum for the reasons ian mentioned... if you were not directly involved in the personal issues it was non of your business and thus has been taken to e-mail and phone conversations... and is resolved... so drop it.

The post from the pictures section? it was off-topic, nothing more... That post in the pictures forum that stays on top of the list has the rules... if your read them, you wont be upset when you break them and the post is deleted.

#203437 - 01/05/03 05:14 AM Re: Some Moderators...
off2cjb Offline

Simply moving it to the General forum would have been nice. But I see personal politics raises its ugly head, once again.

#203438 - 01/05/03 05:50 AM Re: Some Moderators...
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
I'm with Todrick on this one. I have a very short fuse with my forum (Tailgate), if its not "on topic," its gone. POW. If its Xterra related, I'll move it... otherwise, I'll post a short note, lock the thread, and delete it after the poster has had a chance to read it. Occasionally, a "re-offender" will do it again, then I'll just kill it.

Todrick has posted the rules for the Pictures forum a zillion times and people still break form. If I were him, I'd delete also.

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#203439 - 01/05/03 06:19 AM Re: Some Moderators...
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Personally, I've never really seen a moderator do much of anything on XOC. Not saying that a few of them don't, but for the most part I think they are non-existant. I wonder if firing a few of the old ones and hiring some new ones would help?

#203440 - 01/05/03 09:33 AM Re: Some Moderators...
Todrick Offline

Off2cjb

there were no "politics" involved. to be honest i didn't know it was your thread till you posted this... i don't look at who posted the thread, i just click the link, look at the first post... if there is no pic, a link to a website, or a non-xterra picture... its gone.

Honestly, I didn't mean to start such a controversy, and i hold no grudge against you or anyone else... the debates we get into in the ALR have no effect on my moderator decisions... or personal opinion, If you and I ever met in person. I honestly make every offeort to be as unbiased as possible when moderating forums

#203441 - 01/05/03 11:21 AM Re: Some Moderators...
ned946 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
I'm with Todrick on this one. I have a very short fuse with my forum (Tailgate), if its not "on topic," its gone.
Hahahahahaaaaa.....

Tailgate forum? That is just too funny! A hardass in the tailgate forum? Hahaha...

Go get 'em tiger! Bahaaha....

Next tailgate I go to, I'll be sure to ask what is off topic!

You're killing me! [LOL] [Huh?] [LOL] [Huh?]

#203442 - 01/05/03 01:45 PM Re: Some Moderators...
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
Off2cjb

there were no "politics" involved. to be honest i didn't know it was your thread till you posted this... i don't look at who posted the thread, i just click the link, look at the first post... if there is no pic, a link to a website, or a non-xterra picture... its gone.

Honestly, I didn't mean to start such a controversy, and i hold no grudge against you or anyone else... the debates we get into in the ALR have no effect on my moderator decisions... or personal opinion, If you and I ever met in person. I honestly make every offeort to be as unbiased as possible when moderating forums
Gotcha, no big deal Todrick. In a way I am glad to see some moderators doing their job and cleaning things up.

#203443 - 01/05/03 01:56 PM Re: Some Moderators...
Todrick Offline

good to hear... i didn't want you to feel slighted... hey if it makes you feel better i did kill one of mine as well(image link was broken) so i do play fair smile

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal