shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#203469 - 12/05/04 12:54 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by xterra312002:
The military can and will police itself as long as the Damned media would stay out of it. This is a war not a media oppurtunity.
I'm curious...why does the media come up? They aren't the one's with the photos, the Pentagon is.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#203470 - 12/05/04 07:20 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
You been asleep for two weekd Moby? I blame Dan Rather for the death of this man personally. "Fire Rather for war crimes!" [Finger]

#203471 - 12/05/04 07:28 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
Mobycat Offline

But who is releasing them?

Come to think of it...who exactly took the pics? Was it "embedded" media or fellow soldiers?

If it was fellow soldiers, you gotta wonder why they'd be dumb enough to take the pictures. Or at least wonder why the ones doing it would be dumb enough to let someone take them (then again, they were dumb enough to do the shit).
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#203472 - 12/05/04 07:42 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
2001frontier Offline

The Taguba report and the pics were leaked before Rumsfeld even got the damn thing. I think the media should not have run the photos personally for the benefit of the country and our fighting forces. They chose, IMO, partisan political opportunities over the safety of our soldiers.

#203473 - 12/05/04 07:51 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

The media IMO has always been a foe in any military campaign/operation. The media would sooner get a picture of soldiers being ambushed, while haveing prior knowledge than give any warning of the impending doom.

#203474 - 12/05/04 08:27 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by airbornenurse:
The media IMO has always been a foe in any military campaign/operation. The media would sooner get a picture of soldiers being ambushed, while haveing prior knowledge than give any warning of the impending doom.
I would agree with the media being an impedances and sometimes foe when it comes to military campaigns.

I have a buddy who was a Marine in Desert Storm. He was on the USS Iwo Jima waiting to invade an island off the coast of Kuwait. While they were waiting to get in position, a news story came over CNN and reported that the Marines had already taken the island. They scrapped the mission because CNN had already let the cat out of the bag. Unbelieveable!

#203475 - 12/05/04 08:48 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
anderair Offline

Loc: Denver, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Thank God we have a great president doing his job,
LOL.

We've got a arrogant clown in the White House who is singlehandedly destroying US credibility around the globe. Kinder and gentler, my ass.

#203476 - 12/05/04 08:52 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
2001frontier Offline

Wow. You sound like a John Kerry ad. You used the perfect arrogance BS rhetoric as well. So do you think we should turn over the control of our troops to the UN like Kerry does?

#203477 - 12/05/04 08:55 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by anderair:
Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
[b]Thank God we have a great president doing his job,
LOL.

We've got a arrogant clown in the White House who is singlehandedly destroying US credibility around the globe. Kinder and gentler, my ass.[/b]
Once again IMO, all politicians are idiots. Fuckers have no fucking clue, makeing military decisions. Let the Generals fight the wars, maintain a short leash.

Need I mention Somalia.

#203478 - 12/05/04 09:13 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally posted by anderair:

We've got a arrogant clown in the White House who is singlehandedly destroying US credibility around the globe. Kinder and gentler, my ass.
You are the arrogant one. Who gives a fuck about US cedibility anymore? We have to protect ourselves. We have to take the fight to them, before they take it to us. We don't have time to pussy foot around waiting for Germany, France, and the UN to send their measly 500 or so troops. If we had Gore in office right now, the US would be a burning pile of ashes...it is the same thing that will happen if John Kerry the flip flopper ends up in office. The first thing he will do is bow at the alter of the UN.

I pose this question to you? How would you have handled this situation?

#203479 - 12/05/04 09:21 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
anderair Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by lincolnnellie:
I pose this question to you? How would you have handled this situation?
I don't claim to have all the answers but you seem to have already found my thread on getting out of Iraq

Flame on.

#203480 - 12/05/04 09:31 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
Lincoln Offline

I am not flaming, you are spewing. You are starting and commenting in multiple threads about the "clown" in the whitehouse. I am merely commenting on your left wing spew.

I sounded harsh in that statement, and I don't mean to. It is fine that we disagree. I just hate the fact that the worlds most popular sport (including America's) is hating the US. How soon people forget what happend on September 11th. That served as a open ended contract on any Terrorists, or supporter of terrorism's life. We need to protect ourselves, and kill every single last motherfucking terrorist at all costs. We can make friends after we are safe.

#203481 - 12/05/04 09:40 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I am not flaming, you are spewing. You are starting and commenting in multiple threads about the "clown" in the whitehouse. I am merely commenting on your left wing spew.

I sounded harsh in that statement, and I don't mean to. It is fine that we disagree. I just hate the fact that the worlds most popular sport (including America's) is hating the US. How soon people forget what happend on September 11th. That served as a open ended contract on any Terrorists, or supporter of terrorism's life. We need to protect ourselves, and kill every single last motherfucking terrorist at all costs. We can make friends after we are safe.
YOU sir, just said the got damn truth! Though, I think we can make friends along the way.

"Nemo me impune lacessit."

#203482 - 12/05/04 09:42 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
ashleynatlanta Offline

Loc: Birmingham, AL
Sickening video. Absolutely sickening. But if we think that this situation is going to improve on June 30, 2004, or whenever the handover date is, or by leaving IRaq we will be stopping the problem, then we are sorely mistaken. This is an issue that has been bubbling beneath the surface for years. It has grown larger because this is how these people have always lived. Now, they are taking it to the US, and they have become more brazen. Used to be, they just hi-jacked an airliner. Then they crashed one into our Twin Towers.

They have become more bold, and we are nearly powerless to stop it. There is no answer other than complete and total National Isolationism.

Sorry if that somes extreme, but we can't keep forking out bucks and lives for the sake of some "movement" somewhere in the world.

#203483 - 12/05/04 10:08 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Our soldiers are being punished for takeng pictures of these animals in humiliting positions while in prison for KILLING Americans, whether they be soldiers or civilians, the enemy on the other hand is cutting off heads of bound, unarmed civilians and putting it on the web.

The politicians and other clueless people speak of international law. @#$% that! International Law means exactly that and the U.S seems to be the only country bound by by it. For example: The International Red Cross complained about how the Iraqi POW's were being trated at least 39 times. Did they make or even attempt to visit our soldiers/civilian captives that our enemy was holding? NO! Why?, because, they had no idea where they were, and they feared for their own safety. This is not the 1940's, 50's or 60's where international law was somwhat respectedand the Red Cross visited every POW on both sides. This is a new game with new rules kids. This is a new era of combat and tactics. THe international community seems to be less inclined to force these animals to abide by International Law, assuming it exist outside of our reality.

THe politicians seem to be more concerned with their careers and where they fall on the food chain then the direction this great nation is going. Sons and daughters are sacrificing their lives for their country and all the Politicians can think of is how they can get the best lick in. This country is where it is because of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. Serving your country one must sweat, bleed and sacrifice, it does not intail sitting safely behind a desk sending "lambs" to the slaughter.

Fucking politicians!

#203484 - 12/05/04 10:19 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Quote:
Our soldiers are being punished for takeng pictures of these animals in humiliting positions while in prison for KILLING Americans, whether they be soldiers or civilians, the enemy on the other hand is cutting off heads of bound, unarmed civilians and putting it on the web.

The enemy cut off the head of one man and put it on the internet. It's a horrible thing. But it isn't plural.

Is every man and woman that we are holding guilty of a crime? Has that been verified and by what court? Who are you to say who is being held and for what? Can you say and with what certainity that all of those men and women are being held for killing American soldiers?

We are playing by our rules but it's allright because they are OUR rules.

Are you certain the CIA or the millitary has not tortured or killed an enemy combatant during an interrogation? If they had, does it make it allright since it was done with a purpose that would further our cause under a cloak of secrecy?

Are we now able to justify inhumane behavior because our own have been the recipiant inhumane behavior?

#203485 - 12/05/04 10:24 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
anderair Offline

Quote:
It is fine that we disagree. I just hate the fact that the worlds most popular sport (including America's) is hating the US.
The ability to have these open discussion IS one of the great things about this country. I don't hate the US but I have lost all respect for GWB and all of the politicians who think they know better than the military commanders. As someone posted earlier, let the military run the war - not some pencil pushers in Washington. Last summer, a general was publicly rebuked for suggesting that we needed substantially more troops to keep peace in Iraq. Fall out of line with the Bush administration and pay the consequences. Yeah, the general had no idea what he was talking about. Stupid fucking politicians! eek

#203486 - 12/05/04 10:45 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
If we had Gore in office right now, the US would be a burning pile of ashes...
That is such a load of shit and you know it.

#203487 - 12/05/04 10:46 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
Lincoln Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
Is every man and woman that we are holding guilty of a crime? Has that been verified and by what court? Who are you to say who is being held and for what? Can you say and with what certainity that all of those men and women are being held for killing American soldiers?
I don't think we have the time, space, or resources to just go around and arrest whoever. I obviously don't know (because I am not there), but I can assure you that the people that are being held are there for a reason! Either they have killed, plotted to kill, or know somebody who has.

#203488 - 12/05/04 10:55 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
ashleynatlanta Offline

Loc: Birmingham, AL
Does it matter whether or not they are guilty of a crime? We are one of the few nations that actually have laws about being incarcerated with just cause, and since no one else is following international law (BS anyway), then why should we follow our own laws on these savage people's turf. Do you think if they came here and committed the act of mass murder that we can't go there and incarcerate anyone we want to?

I hope that we can all continue this discussion intelligently without resorting to yelling and screaming like a bunch of militant islamists! [Laughing]

#203489 - 12/05/04 11:06 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
2001frontier Offline

This argument is fucking retarded. We follow the rules. If our guys don't they get punished. Does it make it harder to fight a war sometimes? Yes. Being the good guys and doing the right thing is always harder. If we don't do the right thing, we WILL lose the moral authority we pocess now.

#203490 - 12/05/04 11:28 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
This argument is fucking retarded. We follow the rules. If our guys don't they get punished. Does it make it harder to fight a war sometimes? Yes. Being the good guys and doing the right thing is always harder. If we don't do the right thing, we WILL lose the moral authority we pocess now.
I agree, we must maintain the moral authority. I did not suggest that we ignore any laws. I can honestly say maltreatment of fellow soldiers (enemy) does happen. It is impossible for ANY written law to overcome an emotional soldier in the field, be it in any war past or present. It is impossible for those who have not experienced the level of violence/stress that combat is inherant for, to understand, so please reframe from assuming you know what you are talking about.

#203491 - 12/05/04 11:46 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by xterrapin:

[b]FUCK THAT!
I am so glad that this thread has already been started cause I was about to start one!
I just read the headlines and cannot even begin to put into words (but I'll try anyways) how fucking pissed I am!
How many people have to die before we all say ENOUGH! We were lied into this mess, we are now hated across the globe, this administration continues to lie and deceive the public about this "war" and people are still saying, "Yeah, fuckin kill those towelheads!".
You fuckin morons, they are winning! You wanna keep saying "Bring em' on"??? How many people do you need to satisfy your blood lust, you savage pricks; EVOLVE already! What? Are we gonna kill more of them cause they killed one of ours now? That's intelligent; WHEN YOU'RE LOSING THE FUCKING WAR!
Hell, the General in charge of the Falluja missions admitted
we need to get out ! This guys on the front lines and saying, "They should leave very quickly, very quickly or there will be problems." But yet, the "president" is still supporting Rumsfeld , hmmm...wonder why?
775 soldiers dead since the start of this bullshit, and you people want more???????????
Savage, fucking lunatics!
Standing up and speaking out against this bullshit, fucking war does not make you a hippie or a tree-hugger, get some balls and wise up chumps! [Finger] [/b]
FUCK THAT! ... FUCK YOU!!

What are we loosing? The war was won over a year ago. What we are fighting now are terrorists and assorted Islamoziod monsters.

What do you mean by EVOLVE? Does that mean surrender to the terrorists? Is that leftist lingo for appeasement?

Are you claiming this country should not be fighting terrorists?

The whole war on terrorism would be much easier to fight if it were not for the constant whining by anti-American leftist pricks like you who are more concerned with the rights of terrorist enemies than the lives of your own countryman.

Every one of these Islamic terrorist bastards would gladly kill you. They would gladly rape and murder your wife. They would slit your throat and the throat of your little son.

It's people like YOU xterrapin who are just as much an enemy as are the terrorists.

NOTE TO SELF: Add xterrapin to the "ass kicking" list.

#203492 - 12/05/04 11:52 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:
Originally posted by xterrapin:

[b][b]FUCK THAT!
I am so glad that this thread has already been started cause I was about to start one!
I just read the headlines and cannot even begin to put into words (but I'll try anyways) how fucking pissed I am!
How many people have to die before we all say ENOUGH! We were lied into this mess, we are now hated across the globe, this administration continues to lie and deceive the public about this "war" and people are still saying, "Yeah, fuckin kill those towelheads!".
You fuckin morons, they are winning! You wanna keep saying "Bring em' on"??? How many people do you need to satisfy your blood lust, you savage pricks; EVOLVE already! What? Are we gonna kill more of them cause they killed one of ours now? That's intelligent; WHEN YOU'RE LOSING THE FUCKING WAR!
Hell, the General in charge of the Falluja missions admitted
we need to get out ! This guys on the front lines and saying, "They should leave very quickly, very quickly or there will be problems." But yet, the "president" is still supporting Rumsfeld , hmmm...wonder why?
775 soldiers dead since the start of this bullshit, and you people want more???????????
Savage, fucking lunatics!
Standing up and speaking out against this bullshit, fucking war does not make you a hippie or a tree-hugger, get some balls and wise up chumps! [Finger] [/b]
FUCK THAT! ... FUCK YOU!!

What are we loosing? The war was won over a year ago. What we are fighting now are terrorists and assorted Islamoziod monsters.

What do you mean by EVOLVE? Does that mean surrender to the terrorists? Is that leftist lingo for appeasement?

Are you claiming this country should not be fighting terrorists?

The whole war on terrorism would be much easier to fight if it were not for the constant whining by anti-American leftist pricks like you who are more concerned with the rights of terrorist enemies than the lives of your own countryman.

Every one of these Islamic terrorist bastards would gladly kill you. They would gladly rape and murder your wife. They would slit your throat and the throat of your little son.

It's people like YOU xterrapin who are just as much an enemy as are the terrorists.

NOTE TO SELF: Add xterrapin to the "ass kicking" list.[/b]
That's what Im talking about!
Xterrapin, you must not get out much, we were hated long before all this shit kicked off. We are the billy bad asses of the world and MOST others resent us for it. My book knowledge may be lacking but my life experiences have taught me alought ( thanks to the ARMY). I have a love/hate relationship for the military, but if it comes down to picking sides, I know and my brothers at arms know, where I stand.

#203493 - 12/05/04 11:55 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
2001frontier Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
[b]This argument is fucking retarded. We follow the rules. If our guys don't they get punished. Does it make it harder to fight a war sometimes? Yes. Being the good guys and doing the right thing is always harder. If we don't do the right thing, we WILL lose the moral authority we pocess now.
I agree, we must maintain the moral authority. I did not suggest that we ignore any laws. I can honestly say maltreatment of fellow soldiers (enemy) does happen. It is impossible for ANY written law to overcome an emotional soldier in the field, be it in any war past or present. It is impossible for those who have not experienced the level of violence/stress that combat is inherant for, to understand, so please reframe from assuming you know what you are talking about.[/b]
Please refrain from acting all high and mighty dickhead. I agree with you. I was answering the ones who say we SHOULD stoop down to their level purposefully. I understand that things happen in the heat of battle. Of course the goings on in Abu Gharaib could hardly be called in the heat of battle. My point was that we are better than they are, and follow the rules for a reason. Pull your panties out of your ass. [Finger]

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal