shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#203494 - 12/05/04 11:59 AM Re: Executed American!!!!
babyX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
The whole war on terrorism would be much easier to fight if it were not for the constant whining by anti-American leftist pricks like you who are more concerned with the rights of terrorist enemies than the lives of your own countryman.
How so? I'll whine all day long, but I have no impact on the decisions Bush makes. A war on terrorism is about as ineffective as you could get, no matter how you wage it.

#203495 - 12/05/04 12:00 PM Re: Executed American!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
Quote:
Originally posted by airbornenurse:
[b]
Quote:
[b]This argument is fucking retarded. We follow the rules. If our guys don't they get punished. Does it make it harder to fight a war sometimes? Yes. Being the good guys and doing the right thing is always harder. If we don't do the right thing, we WILL lose the moral authority we pocess now.
I agree, we must maintain the moral authority. I did not suggest that we ignore any laws. I can honestly say maltreatment of fellow soldiers (enemy) does happen. It is impossible for ANY written law to overcome an emotional soldier in the field, be it in any war past or present. It is impossible for those who have not experienced the level of violence/stress that combat is inherant for, to understand, so please reframe from assuming you know what you are talking about.[/b]
Please refrain from acting all high and mighty dickhead. I agree with you. I was answering the ones who say we SHOULD stoop down to their level purposefully. I understand that things happen in the heat of battle. Of course the goings on in Abu Gharaib could hardly be called in the heat of battle. My point was that we are better than they are, and follow the rules for a reason. Pull your panties out of your ass. [Finger] [/b]
I wasn't reffering to you man. Sorry I gave the wrong impression. Damn.

#203496 - 12/05/04 12:05 PM Re: Executed American!!!!
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
No problem. This is the ALR after all. laugh

BTW, John Kerry reccomended some replacements for Rummy today. They included Carl Levin, which I found quite funny. Why not put Teddy in there? [Laughing]

#203497 - 12/05/04 01:20 PM Re: Executed American!!!!
off2cjb Offline

The man was there on his own money grubbin' freewill. They tell you the dangers involved when you take the job. He should have known better. $130k tax free ain't worth getting killed over.

Either we get out of Iraq very soon, or turn our troops loose and let them do their jobs and damn the liberals in this country.

#203498 - 12/05/04 01:24 PM Re: Executed American!!!!
anderair Offline

Loc: Denver, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
What are we loosing? The war was won over a year ago. What we are fighting now are terrorists and assorted Islamoziod monsters.
Oh, that's right. Bush declared "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" and that makes the war over. Sometimes you really are too much. I would bet that most soldiers in Iraq would not agree that the war is over.

Quote:
It's people like YOU xterrapin who are just as much an enemy as are the terrorists.
Another favorite line of Bush and the Republicans - if you don't support Bush then you are supporting the terrorists. Any dissenting opinions could not possibly be valid. BTW, have you ever heard Bush admit to a mistake. Of course not, he is perfect in his mind.

#203499 - 12/05/04 01:25 PM Re: Executed American!!!!
2001frontier Offline

He apparently didn't have a job over there either. The circumstances of his being in the country are quite strange it seems.

#203500 - 12/05/04 01:27 PM Re: Executed American!!!!
2001frontier Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by babyX:
How so? I'll whine all day long, but I have no impact on the decisions Bush makes. A war on terrorism is about as ineffective as you could get, no matter how you wage it.
What would you have us do? Sit back and wait for another attack? So far it seems it has been pretty effective. I haven't seen any plains flying into buildings lately. :rolleyes:

#203501 - 12/05/04 01:34 PM Re: Executed American!!!!
babyX Offline

Quote:
[QUOTE]So far it seems it has been pretty effective. I haven't seen any plains flying into buildings lately. :rolleyes:
Neither have I, but I didn't see any before, either. I think shit's gonna happen. I don't think you can wage a war on ideology. You can kill the man, but you can't kill the idea.

I don't know what we can do, but a better job of protecting our borders might be a start.

#203502 - 12/05/04 01:40 PM Re: Executed American!!!!
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally posted by anderair:
Bush declared "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" and that makes the war over. Sometimes you really are too much. I would bet that most soldiers in Iraq would not agree that the war is over.
The mission was to remove the Sadam regime, isn't it removed? We can't help it that every terrorist from around the world has came into Iraq to blow themselves up and take some Americans and Iraqis with them. They are trying to create the picture that we are losing the war, and a large part of America is eating it up. The Americans (liberal or not) that are freaking out about it is motivating the terrorists more.

Quote:

BTW, have you ever heard Bush admit to a mistake. Of course not, he is perfect in his mind.
What mistake has Bush made, and why should he apologize? Has Clinton apologized for sitting on his ass while this whole problem was brewing?

#203503 - 12/05/04 01:49 PM Re: Executed American!!!!
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
I think shit's gonna happen.
I think you're right.

But on my list of things to worry about, a "terrorist strike" is near the bottom . . . :rolleyes:

#203504 - 12/05/04 01:55 PM Re: Executed American!!!!
2001frontier Offline

That doesn't surprise me Graham. You Canucks haven't had anything to worry about for a couple generations now. You have had us watching your back.

#203505 - 12/05/04 01:56 PM Re: Executed American!!!!
2001frontier Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b][QUOTE]So far it seems it has been pretty effective. I haven't seen any plains flying into buildings lately. :rolleyes:
Neither have I, but I didn't see any before, either. I think shit's gonna happen. I don't think you can wage a war on ideology. You can kill the man, but you can't kill the idea.

I don't know what we can do, but a better job of protecting our borders might be a start.[/b]
What part of 9-11 did you miss?

Sure you can. If you kill enough of them and free the rest of the people the people will turn on the terrorists.

#203506 - 12/05/04 01:57 PM Re: Executed American!!!!
Heath22 Offline

Loc: Dacula, GA
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
The man was there on his own money grubbin' freewill. They tell you the dangers involved when you take the job. He should have known better. $130k tax free ain't worth getting killed over.

Either we get out of Iraq very soon, or turn our troops loose and let them do their jobs and damn the liberals in this country.
He wasn't there for money, but to help rebuild the city and do his small part in a huge movement. He represented himself and didn't have a crew to work with. He wasn't a contractor of any of the companies involved with the rebuilding of Iraq. He had been on another trip and almost died because he gave his food and water to others that needed it more. He showed them how to make bricks out of material that was available. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. His only crime was being an American in an anti-American area.

#203507 - 12/05/04 02:02 PM Re: Executed American!!!!
Happy Birthday xterrapin Offline

Loc: San Francisco
Madman, hopefully one day I will make it to the top of your list; or at least one below Hillary.

You wanna win the war against terror? Stop being a god damn terrorist. We reap what we sew, fucko! [Finger]

#203508 - 12/05/04 02:03 PM Re: Executed American!!!!
babyX Offline

Quote:
What part of 9-11 did you miss?

Sure you can. If you kill enough of them and free the rest of the people the people will turn on the terrorists.
I didn't, thanks for asking.

You will never be able to kill enough people to wipe out the ideas. That's the greatest thing about ideas. They're intangible. They're recorded. And sooner or later, someday, those ideas will be revived and acted upon once again, for better or for worse.

Hitler and his crew are gone, but the ideology is still there and revered by many -- even in this country.

Quote:
That doesn't surprise me Graham. You Canucks haven't had anything to worry about for a couple generations now. You have had us watching your back.
Right, we just have to worry about everybody pointing their guns at our Southern neighbour, and hope they don't miss their targets. :rolleyes:

#203509 - 12/05/04 02:10 PM Re: Executed American!!!!
2001frontier Offline

You illustrated my point for me very well. Hitler is gone, and the nimrods following his ideals have been reduced to a group of white trash idiots that shave their heads and look tough. That is about it.

#203510 - 12/05/04 02:22 PM Re: Executed American!!!!
babyX Offline

Quote:
That is about it.
For now. The same was probably true for Bin Laden 40 years ago.

#203511 - 12/05/04 02:31 PM Re: Executed American!!!!
anderair Offline

Loc: Denver, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by lincolnnellie:
Quote:
[b]BTW, have you ever heard Bush admit to a mistake. Of course not, he is perfect in his mind.
What mistake has Bush made, and why should he apologize?[/b]
These come to mind off of the top of my head:

- Iraq is poised to use WMD, and that is why we need to go to war immediately.

Still searching for WMD. Any day now.

- Americans will be welcomed as liberators.

Funny but I think the word Iraqis use to describe us is occupiers. Big difference.

- Iraq's oil revenue will pay for the war and the reconstruction of the country.

Is that why we have spent almost $200 BILLION so far? I'm sure we couldn't have used any of that money in the US. Health care? Jobs? Education? Nah, we'll just borrow more money from the Treasury.

- We only need 100,000 troops to secure the whole country.

Pentagon planners had originally suggested 400,000 soldiers would be needed. I guess Bush knows better than the military.

#203512 - 12/05/04 02:38 PM Re: Executed American!!!!
2001frontier Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]That is about it.
For now. The same was probably true for Bin Laden 40 years ago.[/b]
Actually this whole movement started about 70 years ago. The Brits fucked the whole thing up rather nicely.

#203513 - 12/05/04 02:44 PM Re: Executed American!!!!
Lincoln Offline

Quote:

- Iraq is poised to use WMD, and that is why we need to go to war immediately.

Still searching for WMD. Any day now.

- Americans will be welcomed as liberators.

Funny but I think the word Iraqis use to describe us is occupiers. Big difference.

- Iraq's oil revenue will pay for the war and the reconstruction of the country.

Is that why we have spent almost $200 BILLION so far? I'm sure we couldn't have used any of that money in the US. Health care? Jobs? Education? Nah, we'll just borrow more money from the Treasury.

- We only need 100,000 troops to secure the whole country.

Pentagon planners had originally suggested 400,000 soldiers would be needed. I guess Bush knows better than the military.
As far as the weapons go - Iraq did (and probably still does) possess weapons of mass destruction, and they have used them. When I was in the military, we would study satelite photos of mobile weapons labs moving out the back door as inspectors walked through the front door. Even your hero John Kerry said that he supports the actions agains Sadam because he possess weapons of mass destruction

As far as Americans being welcomed as liberators - Are you in Iraq or have you been there? We are being welcomed as liberators. The only thing that is being reported is the negative stuff. You aren't hearing about all the happy people in Iraq. You aren't seeing the little girls and women going to schools now. We have done so much for the Iraqi people, and the majority of them are very happy and grateful.

As far as the Oil Revenue paying for the war - Things are costing more than we estimated, and no one else is helping with the costs. This is not Bush's mistake, is merely a mis-calculation by one of his aides or staff. Can you blame him when he is misinformed?

As far as the 100,000 troops - I assure you that Bush listens to his military staff and doesn't make off the wall decesions about how many troops we will send. We didn't predict that every extremeist Muslim from around the world would come into Iraq to complicate things. We didn't predict that the left and the media would politicize this war and motivate the terrorists to keep fighting.

#203514 - 12/05/04 03:00 PM Re: Executed American!!!!
Lincoln Offline

In reference to your liberator comment:

Why don't you read this letter from another thread on XOC. Maybe you can come to your senses...

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject :
02-03 May 2004 - Iraq Diary

Sent :
Tuesday, May 4, 2004 4:05 AM

I will not be sending my diary out anymore because of the allegations being
spread through the media. I will keep my diary and maybe someday the truth of
what is and has gone on here will surface instead of the uniformed incorrect
allegations. I was not here when the alleged incidents occurred. In fact,
majority of the investigation stuff that was going on here wrapped up not long
after my arrival. There are some people being dragged through the mud and it is
a shame. Whatever happened here before I got here will be addressed and justice
will be served on those responsible.

We have a group of wonderful patriots here in the CACI people. These men and
women came over here because they wanted to serve their country and they knew
they could contribute due to their previous service to their country.

I was blessed with the news that our second son was born on the 2nd of May, but
I am here. Coming here and being apart from my wife, son and now sons was a
decision that has been difficult. I get to go home and see them soon, but it is
small consolation since I will be back over here two weeks later. Yes, I could
quit, but a commitment was made and I will honor it because we are doing good
things here.

I wish the media would have shown some effort sometime in the last year to
discuss the fact that 80 percent of the children in this country are now
immunized, or the fact that 1500 schools have been renovated and reopened so
children can receive an education. The number and staffing of hospitals in Iraq
has tripled in the last year. Millions are drinking uncontaminated water for the
first time in their lives. Electrical output capabilities in the country have
more than doubled in the last year. ALL of these things are a result of the
sacrifice and dedication of the Americans in and out of uniform here. Not one of
these items have been reported on.

After the terrorist attacks in Spain, their people voted in favor of the
terrorists. If we surrendered to the terrorists after September 11, 2001, maybe
we would not have lost the Americans in combat that we have to date. Then again,
the men, women, and children who were killed in the airplanes, World Trade
Center, and Pentagon did not have an opportunity to decide their fate. In the
same manner, the media is deciding the fate of random names without knowing the
truth. They are not only ruining innocent lives, they are going after families
while the individuals are over here.

God, Bless America and please God, Damn those who trample on it and it ideals.

Joe

Here is the thread

I would like to see you have the conversation that you are having on this board with this guy. If you are an American, you will put your liberal views aside and realize that we are doing good things in Iraq.

#203515 - 12/05/04 03:34 PM Re: Executed American!!!!
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
There is no point in arguing about this war that we are in. What is done is done and all we can do now is to keep our resolve and see it to the end. The biggest thing that you all and America can do is stand behind YOUR soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines and coast guardsmen that are fighting and dying each day. You can argue politics all you want but we are all a bunch of arm chair quarterbacks. National and international politics is far too big for any one man to control. The presidency is not what it used to be. We need to stop worrying about what the rest of the world thinks and do what we know is right. For those who say slaughter them all, we as Americans have never done that. We don't reduce our selves to that level and it has worked in the past and will work again. If your not an American then shut up because frankly we don't give a flying fuck what you think of us because your country exists because we do. My rant for the day!!!

Thomas Jefferson

#203516 - 12/05/04 03:35 PM Re: Executed American!!!!

Since we are in the mood of quoting troops in Iraq, here's a good one.
This letter was sent by mail from Iraq from Specialist Mike Prysner:

Dear Mr. Moore:
I’m writing this without knowing if it’ll ever get to you. I’m writing it not knowing why, or knowing what I’m going to say. I’m writing it not knowing if I’ll ever finish it or mail it. I’m writing it from the trenches of a war (that’s still going on,) not knowing why I’m here or when I’m leaving. I’ve toppled statues and vandalized portraits, while wearing an American flag on my sleeve, and struggling to learn how to understand.

I was in Vicenza, Italy when I heard your Oscar acceptance speech. It was the day before I boarded a plane and experienced a “combat landing” in uncharted territory in northern Iraq. It was such a surreal feeling—the only light came from a red bulb—we sat shoulder to shoulder in silence. We were told to expect heavy artillery/chemical attacks. I can’t say I know what was on the minds of those men packed next to me, but I assume it was thoughts of family and religion. But me, a single 20 year old, I was thinking about what you had said. I joined the army as soon as I was eligible – turned down a writing scholarship to a state university, eager to serve my country, ready to die for the ideals I fell in love with. Two years later I found myself moments away from a landing onto a pitch black airstrip, ready to charge into a country I didn't believe I belonged in, with your words repeating in my head.

My time in Iraq has always involved finding things to convince myself that I can be proud of my actions; that I was a part of something just. But no matter what pro-war argument I came up with, I pictured my smirking commander-in-chief, thinking he was fooling a nation. I discovered that the result of the war and the actions of G.W. cannot be treated as the same issue. Bush accidentally did a good thing for the Iraqi people. After the fact he's starting to claim humanitarian intentions for going to war - obviously bullshit. But he realizes that that is the only positive outcome. I could explain what I've seen here; a people forced into poverty & ignorance – but I'll spare you. I try not to think about the ultimate future of this place. I'm sure we'll cause them to fall victim to Banana Republic and Joe Millionaire, with a puppet president and monopolized oil industry. But there will be plenty of time in the future to worry about those things.

I can't say I know what I believe. I am willing to accept that my opinions are a result of a given subconscious, not sufficient knowledge. Do I support care for the low income class because I truly understand the system, or because I've personified inadequacies and identified with those who experience struggle. Does a conservative oppose gay rights because he genuinely understands the issue or because he's scared to face deeper levels of humanity? What if you could be given a reason for everything you believe, but the reason is unrelated to the topic – the result of a life and a psyche? Will we believe those things the same way we used to? I call myself a liberal because I've been moved to tears by the words of Paul Wellstone, scenes in "The Awful Truth," the funeral of Matthew Sheppard, and the homeless people in the city I once lived in. It's not what I know, it's what I felt. It's dangerous to rely on emotions to guide your moral compass – but it’s the only way to be honest. I understand everything I believe may be wrong; that I believe for a reason, and that reason may not be reality. I'm not sure what I'm trying to say. Maybe just that I can't look at this war politically. I can only look at it as an experience that has taught me that life is dictated by seconds and inches; one that has caused me to face death and loss and fear. And at its core, stripped of the WMD's and no-contest contracts, it's been about one thing: serving my country. The most difficult thing has been learning how to be proud of that. This country, I'm serving,…is it America? Has it ever been? It's always bothered me that, despite the American philosophy, it became NECESSARY for a civil right movement, it became NECESSARY to form the ACLU. I've simultaneously battled Saddam loyalists and these questions. Kind of an odd setting for suddenly doubting my patriotism. But while my fight with those trying to kill my friends & I is far from ending, the fight within myself has ended.

I found what I've been fighting for. It's been you, all along. I hated you on a plane ride in the dark with shaking hands. But you've been the roof of my loyalty, my bravery, and my dignity. Mr. Moore, you are America. This isn't a "I'm a hip liberal & I'll be cool if I get an autographed copy of Stupid White Men" letter. I've faced every weapon, from SCUDs to swords, and I've had to face why. And you've been the answer. I'm serving a country in which you live; where you're allowed to speak and PEOPLE LISTEN; where you're allowed to write and PEOPLE READ. What a beautiful country – every injustice has a prosecutor – every struggle has a defender. We are still a country being born. Compassion will never lose to conservatism…the country could be ruled by Jerry Falwell and Dick Cheney – but there will always be tears, as long as there is injustice and oppression and greed and hypocrisy. And there will always be you, the people you've taught, the lives you've influenced. You reminded me that America exists, and I suppose this letter is meant to thank you for that. I can't explain the pride you've instilled in me, and the comfort you've given me, to know that if I find myself fallen on the battlefield, I gave my life serving something I loved and truly believed in.

Sincerely,
Mike Prysner

Michael Moore has several more here .

#203517 - 12/05/04 03:58 PM Re: Executed American!!!!
Lincoln Offline

I will never visit fuck face Michael Moores website.

Great source by the way.

:rolleyes:

#203518 - 12/05/04 04:32 PM Re: Executed American!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by lincolnnellie:
Great source by the way.
What?
Would you prefer Peabody Award winning journalist, Bill O\'Reilly?

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal