shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#204051 - 22/06/03 05:00 PM Add me to the list of the unemployed!!!
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Well, was notified on Friday, if I or my management team can't place me into a different role by July 15th, I am layed off..... sigh....

I survived 3 prior layoffs, and I guess it was just a matter of time. Hopefully something will come up, but I'm not seeing anything promising internally... If anybody has need of a Novell/Microsoft Eng/Adm.. with over 10 years of experience, let me know.....

#204052 - 22/06/03 05:33 PM Re: Add me to the list of the unemployed!!!
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
Well, was notified on Friday, if I or my management team can't place me into a different role by July 15th, I am layed off..... sigh....

I survived 3 prior layoffs, and I guess it was just a matter of time. Hopefully something will come up, but I'm not seeing anything promising internally... If anybody has need of a Novell/Microsoft Eng/Adm.. with over 10 years of experience, let me know.....
We do here where I work, (school system, going from Novell 4.1 to Novell 6 running a combo of Windows 98, 2000, and XP machines over three schools in an approx 30 square mile area), but I am pretty sure he position is about to be filled. PLus I dont think you would want me working under you. wink

Good luck with the search, In Philly, I hear there are lots of companies looking for people who know Novell. Check into it.

#204053 - 23/06/03 06:00 AM Re: Add me to the list of the unemployed!!!
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
The company I work for may be hiring in that area. The office is in King of Prussia, its Aventis / Aventis Behring (Aventis Bio-Services).

www.aventis.com
www.aventisbehring.com

Good luck!

#204054 - 23/06/03 06:56 PM Re: Add me to the list of the unemployed!!!
mr_omerta Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:

Sorry to hear the bad news, but things seem to be looking up in Pittsburgh. I haven't heard from anyone about the resumes you sent my company, but they just signed a contract worth 41 million dollars with a company called SCT matrix. SCT Matrix is going to be our next platform for our student software, and they'll be hiring some Microsoft engineer types soon.

#204055 - 23/06/03 08:09 PM Re: Add me to the list of the unemployed!!!
Samueul Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mr_omerta:
Sorry to hear the bad news, but things seem to be looking up in Pittsburgh. I haven't heard from anyone about the resumes you sent my company, but they just signed a contract worth 41 million dollars with a company called SCT matrix. SCT Matrix is going to be our next platform for our student software, and they'll be hiring some Microsoft engineer types soon.
Cool, sounds interesting. I have out about 20 resumes and I am looking at some internal opportunities so I think things will work out. Just might take some time.....

#204056 - 23/06/03 08:09 PM Re: Add me to the list of the unemployed!!!
Samueul Offline

Thanks everyone for the input. I'll keep you all updated.

#204057 - 23/06/03 10:13 PM Re: Add me to the list of the unemployed!!!
Guy Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca.
I was laid off back on May 9th. Like you I was given a heads up. I too survived 4 layoffs over the last 2 years. I started networking as soon as I knew I was gone. I started getting in touch with people I know, they are your best source. I had my resume on dice.com and monster.com. My real break was from a guy I'd worked with 8 years ago. We had lunch about a month prior to me being laid off. On the very day I was laid off I had a message on my machine at home. You guessed it, I started my new job a week later for more money. I feel really lucky but I also did a lot of prep work. Call the people you know and never, ever burn any bridges.
Good luck.

#204058 - 24/06/03 06:07 AM Re: Add me to the list of the unemployed!!!
Samueul Offline

Oh yeah, I'm networking like a mother... I have a meeting today with one of our partners, and have quite a few leads on some things. I think I'll be okay.... I just want to slide into something as soon as possible.

It would be sweet to find something outside of work too, as I could then pocket the severence.....

#204059 - 24/06/03 10:17 AM Re: Add me to the list of the unemployed!!!
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
Here's hoping that the Bush tax cuts, (whether you like them or not) will spur the economy and cause a few hirings. May you be among the first!

Good luck.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal