shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#204160 - 08/09/03 07:52 PM Re: Pilots With Guns: Good Idea, or Not?
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Well... If little 9 month old Johnny was put anywhere in a room where he could put anything in his mouth that could possibly lead to him harming himself ... isn't this the responsibility of his parents? That's providing little Johnny was even in the care of his parents (another responsibility that too many people are increasingly pushing off onto others).

Gun arguments on XOC are totally useless.

#204161 - 08/09/03 08:37 PM Re: Pilots With Guns: Good Idea, or Not?
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Gun arguments on XOC are totally useless.
Agreed. I wasn't really trying to start any argument over it.

I'm not pro-gun, but I'm not anti-gun either. I'd never own one, but I think if someone wants to own one, that's their right (which, by the way, was a view I didn't have until discussions on this board).
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#204162 - 08/09/03 08:58 PM Re: Pilots With Guns: Good Idea, or Not?
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

I'm not pro-gun, but I'm not anti-gun either. I'd never own one, but I think if someone wants to own one, that's their right (which, by the way, was a view I didn't have until discussions on this board).
You serious? Prior to XOC, you never thought it was a right as an American citizen to own a gun?

I tell you what.... You live near DC. You need one. Maybe I will get you one for Christmas....

#204163 - 08/09/03 10:09 PM Re: Pilots With Guns: Good Idea, or Not?
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Quote:

You serious? Prior to XOC, you never thought it was a right as an American citizen to own a gun?

I tell you what.... You live near DC. You need one. Maybe I will get you one for Christmas....
I guess I should clarify that. I didn't see any reason people would need some of the types of guns available (basically any kind of assault weapon). I still don't see any reason to need them, but if you want them, have at it. And that if guns were to be banned, I wouldn't have any problems with it. Never thought anyone didn't have a *right* to own one. They do.

If that makes any sense. Mostly ambivalence, I suppose.

DC isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. I've been down in the worst areas of town after dark (SE, 9th Ward, two blocks from projects that had been boarded up), on my own, with a $20,000 camera on the sidewalk. No problems whatsoever, and I never felt like I was in any danger.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#204164 - 08/09/03 11:25 PM Re: Pilots With Guns: Good Idea, or Not?
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

I guess I should clarify that. I didn't see any reason people would need some of the types of guns available (basically any kind of assault weapon). I still don't see any reason to need them, but if you want them, have at it. And that if guns were to be banned, I wouldn't have any problems with it. Never thought anyone didn't have a *right* to own one. They do.
Hmmmm... "Assault weapon"... I can't help but think this sounds very "Clintonian". Personally I don't call them "assault weapons. They are "automatic rifles". The term "assault weapon" seems to be part of the liberal vernacular now, so I am not surprised you think of them in these terms. I bet you even think an AR-15 is an "assault weapon". It is not.

The most dangerous automatic weapons on the street are sub-machine guns such as Tec-9's, Mac 11's ... things like that. An automatic rifle is difficult to conceal. A sub-machine gun is not. You trade accuracy for concealment... but then again you can spray a crowd easily before the weapon jams. Liberals never seem to target these popular "ghetto" weapons in their anti-gun tirades. Is it because they are cheap? Is it because the ammo is cheap? Is it because they are not very effective in a defensive posture? Could it be because they are not the preferred weapon of the honest law abiding citizen?

Your so-called "assault weapons" are illegal. The totalitarian leftists in government don't want the public to have access to any weapons that could qualify as effective against the weapons they have.

Let's face it. Anti-gun people only want to disarm honest law adiding citizens. There is NEVER, EVER a plan to remove guns from the "ghetto" and criminal element. Only plans to remove weapons from the general population. As I said before... anytime the police step up to the plate and try to do anything about it... the same anti-gun lefties scream racism against the police.... and they scream so loud the police always back off.

You disappoint me Moby. You have no problem with guns being banned.... if they were. What other constitutional rights would you feel comfortable surrendering?

It's nice and easy to be a sheep isn't it?

Does that mean you don't want a gun for Christmas? I think you have been lucky working with your $20,000 equipment in the middle of a ghetto. Luck ALWAYS runs out.

#204165 - 09/09/03 06:03 AM Re: Pilots With Guns: Good Idea, or Not?
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Hmmmm... "Assault weapon"... I can't help but think this sounds very "Clintonian". Personally I don't call them "assault weapons. They are "automatic rifles". The term "assault weapon" seems to be part of the liberal vernacular now, so I am not surprised you think of them in these terms. I bet you even think an AR-15 is an "assault weapon". It is not.
Semantics, semantics. When I say "assault" I basically mean something that has the ability to be automatic, or has some sort of military equivalent. If you want to use "automatic" then fine, automatic.

Quote:
You disappoint me Moby. You have no problem with guns being banned.... if they were. What other constitutional rights would you feel comfortable surrendering?
Apparently I failed in my explanation again. I USED to feel that if they were banned I'd have no problems with it. Not that IF they were now.

Quote:
It's nice and easy to be a sheep isn't it?
I'm just glad I'm not a ditto-head...oh wait...those are sheep, too. :p

Quote:
Does that mean you don't want a gun for Christmas? I think you have been lucky working with your $20,000 equipment in the middle of a ghetto. Luck ALWAYS runs out.
Like I said, I have absolutely no use for a gun. Don't want one, don't need one. If you feel safer with one, so be it. No skin of my back.

#204166 - 09/09/03 09:41 AM Re: Pilots With Guns: Good Idea, or Not?
Bucweet X Offline

Loc: Houston TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Hartwig:
...BTW my gun nor any other glocks have a safety.
I "get" the point you were trying to make, but I'm feeling left out of the conversation and felt the need to post jack... [Wave]

Glocks : Trigger Safety

A mechanical trigger safety is incorporated into the trigger in the form of a lever. In the untouched state the trigger safety blocks the trigger from being moved backward. If the weapon is dropped or if the trigger is subjected to an off-center, lateral pressure, it is still impossible for the gun to fire.

This safety can only be released by the trigger being pulled by the trigger finger, and is automatically re-engaged after the trigger is released.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal