2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#204201 - 14/09/03 12:19 AM Re: suicide bombers' culture
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
I wouldn't say Cuba is no threat. They are a minimal threat. I don't know what gave you the idea I or any conservative wants all the Cubans to come here. We want them to stay there. We also want Castro dead so we can move into the future. We can't do that with Castro. He can't be trusted.
Nowhere did I imply you or any conservatives want them to come here. The policy as it is has given them a good bit of reason for them to come here.

Quote:
And please... don't give me the "I have Jewish friends" argument to defend your Palestinian positions. I live in NY and there are more Jews here than anywhere in the U.S. Most of the ones I know would smack you for a bullshit argument like that. It is typicial gentile liberal pure bullshit.
I didn't say, "I'm not antisemitic because I have Jewish friends." I said that a Jewish friend of mine knows I'm not. Not my problem you have a problem separating those two ideas.

Quote:
It seems you have a problem with Israel defending itself. They only attack Palestinians after their people have been blown to shit. Including children on a frequent basis. Any attacks by Israel are more than well deserved.
No, I don't have a problem with Israel defending itself. It should. But it should also put forth more of an effort to make peace - and stopping settlements might be one way to do that.

Quote:
If the Palestinian people were so noble and worthy they would change their leadership. They don't. The terrorist Arafat is the world's oldest, richest, and bloodthirsty terrorist. But as long as he is killing Jews people like you think he is some kind of leader.
I never said I cared for Arafat, and I never said he was a good leader...or ANY kind of leader at that.

Quote:
The only reason he has been so successful is because of uninformed or anti-semitic people like you in the West.
It absolutely blows my mind how presumptuous you are. Yeah, you got me all figured out.

Go try and bait someone else with your comments.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#204202 - 14/09/03 02:45 AM Re: suicide bombers' culture
Anonymous
Unregistered

I get it now! To some, if you are not 100% pro-USA/pro-Israel, you are automatically a Jew hating liberal terrorist sympathizer who should just get the fuck out of the USA and go to some country like Canada where anti-Semitism and anti-Americanism is a national sport.

#204203 - 14/09/03 01:44 PM Re: suicide bombers' culture
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
Madman, I am the Palestinian member of this board, and I choose not to respond in these threads anymore because there's no point in arguing. I hear bigoted statements all the time and I ignore them because they come from the mouths of uneducated stupid people. I even hear people tell me that my culture doesn't really exist (as indicated by your "'so-called' Palestinians" statement).

And really, honestly, you guys can argue and debate all you want, but NO ONE understands what is going on in Israel unless you've lived there and gone through what they are going through right now.

My father has so many beautiful memories of his childhood in a once peaceful Ramallah. He never wanted to leave his home, but he had to because the living conditions deteriorated and life got too hard. He can't even explain to me in words what his life was like right before he moved here.

You know a lot of things are happening over there that we don't even hear about. Horrible things. And this is why I don't think any of us have enough information to say we are right or wrong about our opinions. There's no way we'll ever understand.

I don't condone killing, suicide bombing (I think it's horseshit, actually) , and I do not support Arafat.

I support my culture, the beautiful language, the wonderful food, the wonderful sense of family and closeness that we all share. My father was brought up a respectful man who passed down those morals to his children. It is a friendly culture and a loving culture, and there are a few psychos that ruin it all. But they exist in every culture. Nothing we can do about that...

Just know that there are good Palestinians out there. And the Muslim religion is a good religion. And a normal, sane, good Palestinian Muslim would not kill himself and take other lives with him. He would shed a tear at all the bloodshed.

#204204 - 14/09/03 03:39 PM Re: suicide bombers' culture
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
As you said, it is a shame that you are being categorized with the bad apples. The only problem is that there are not only a couple of bad apples! You can't say that all muslims are terrorists, but you can say that all terrorists are muslims! I know that there are peaceful muslims, but those are not the ones you hear about at all. There are plenty of psycho fuckhead muslims that want to kill people based on their fucked up religous beliefs. Christians have done it since the begining of time also! Let's just face it, more people have been killed in the name of religon than any other motivation! That is why I choose not to worship any god or follow any religous ideals.

#204205 - 14/09/03 04:49 PM Re: suicide bombers' culture
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Quote:
Originally posted by A Katonk:
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by MBFlyerfan:
[b]Gophahmet, Whore of Betrayal...
thorn-cocked Gulbuth The Rampant
I think they were at my Halloween party last year...[/b]
Gozer The Traveller. He will come in one of the three chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii, The Traveller came as a large and moving Torg. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex Supplicants, they chose a new form for him. That of a giant Sloar! Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of a Sloar that day I can tell you.[/b]
Rick Moranis.

#204206 - 14/09/03 04:53 PM Re: suicide bombers' culture
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by lincolnnellie:
......You can't say that all muslims are terrorists, but you can say that all terrorists are muslims!......
Uh.....Timothy McVeigh?

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#204207 - 14/09/03 05:05 PM Re: suicide bombers' culture
Lincoln Offline

There are always exceptions! Go ahead and name some more! It would be ridiculous if I could name all of the Muslim terrorists! Polictically correct people won't come out and say it, but they realize it also.

#204208 - 14/09/03 05:34 PM Re: suicide bombers' culture
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
There are always exceptions! Go ahead and name some more! It would be ridiculous if I could name all of the Muslim terrorists! Polictically correct people won't come out and say it, but they realize it also.
Eric Rudolph, James Kilgore (SLA), the IRA (and now the "Real IRA"), Red Brigades, Ted Kazinski, the KKK...several more listed on the State Department's "official" list. Some would argue the Black Panthers were as well as a couple of the "Chicago Seven."

(And it wasn't a muslim who killed Rabin...it was a Jew.)
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#204209 - 14/09/03 05:36 PM Re: suicide bombers' culture
RedX Offline

Dude.....chill out. I am far from politically correct. Political correctness is becoming the achilles heel of not only this country, but Western civilization as a whole.

But terrorism does exist on many fronts. Muslim terrorists do seem to be the most sensationalistic at this point in time....but many organizations throughout time have used the tactic of terrorism for gains, and still do. Can't be argued.

So, to make a statement that all terrorists are Muslim is just wrong and narrowminded. Fuck....it's not that it's not PC...it's just wrong.

:rolleyes:

#204210 - 14/09/03 06:36 PM Re: suicide bombers' culture
Lincoln Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RedX:
But terrorism does exist on many fronts. Muslim terrorists do seem to be the most sensationalistic at this point in time....but many organizations throughout time have used the tactic of terrorism for gains, and still do. Can't be argued.
Good point. I guess I am just being narrow minded due to recent events. I can't help but think that the terrorists that have it out for the U.S. are all Muslims though. September 11th pissed me off, much like other people. I wasn't necessarily pointing my PC comment towards you.

#204211 - 14/09/03 08:10 PM Re: suicide bombers' culture
20-100 Offline

Loc: Quebec, QC, Canada
The only constant thing I can see in all the terrorist (Mc Veigh, Hamas, 9/11, etc...) is the fact that they are very very religious...

I guess it must be easy to wreck your whole life if you believe in some afterworld...

Then again, I can be wrong... you're welcome to find me some atheist terrorist...

#204212 - 14/09/03 08:19 PM Re: suicide bombers' culture
RedX Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]But terrorism does exist on many fronts. Muslim terrorists do seem to be the most sensationalistic at this point in time....but many organizations throughout time have used the tactic of terrorism for gains, and still do. Can't be argued.
Good point. I guess I am just being narrow minded due to recent events. I can't help but think that the terrorists that have it out for the U.S. are all Muslims though. September 11th pissed me off, much like other people. I wasn't necessarily pointing my PC comment towards you.[/b]
Trust me....9/11/01 pissed me off tremendously ....and it still does today. It also pisses me off that this nation can't seem to get itself together enough to be more proactive in the prevention of another event. At least be more proactive than we are now.....as much as you can prepare to defend against an attack perpetrated by people that use very unconventional methodology to inflict as much pain, death and destruction as they can, against completely non-military based targets.

But....fundamental changes in what Americans are comfortable with as far as loss of personal rights and liberties will determine how much protection we can obtain. Unfortunately, through those losses of rights and liberties.....as strongly as I feel some are needed.....it can be argued that the attackers gained an even more influential moral victory against us. A victory for them and a loss for us, where the price is not mortar or concrete or human life, but a price of freedom and way of life. Things which we hold more dearly than many others, and for which so many millions of Americans have already paid for in blood and tears.

It does make me wonder how the politically correct nature of this country would have dealt with WWII. The internment camps for Japanese Americans....the sacrificing of personal needs for the betterment of our troops.....and yes, the use of the nuclear warheads on Japan. I think, if today's mentality had been in place then, the outcome of WWII could have been vastly different than the one in our textbooks.

Similar sacrifices and support for our country made be needed to be valuable weapons in winning this conflict now.

#204213 - 15/09/03 01:55 AM Re: suicide bombers' culture
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
Quote:
It does make me wonder how the politically correct nature of this country would have dealt with WWII. The internment camps for Japanese Americans....the sacrificing of personal needs for the betterment of our troops.....and yes, the use of the nuclear warheads on Japan. I think, if today's mentality had been in place then, the outcome of WWII could have been vastly different than the one in our textbooks.
Being PC can often be a bad thing, but if it keeps us from putting people in concentration camps again then it does have some bennefits.

I think the key is to stop putting people into groups, if we looked at other's as human and nothing else then we'd solve alot of the problems we're talking about now.

i.e. It's not Jews vs. Muslims. It's humans vs. humans and both have the right to live so we shouldn't take sides. We should just try to find a way to stop the killing.

Xterra101.com

#204214 - 15/09/03 04:53 AM Re: suicide bombers' culture
RedX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kerensky97:
Quote:
[b]It does make me wonder how the politically correct nature of this country would have dealt with WWII. The internment camps for Japanese Americans....the sacrificing of personal needs for the betterment of our troops.....and yes, the use of the nuclear warheads on Japan. I think, if today's mentality had been in place then, the outcome of WWII could have been vastly different than the one in our textbooks.
Being PC can often be a bad thing, but if it keeps us from putting people in concentration camps again then it does have some bennefits.

I think the key is to stop putting people into groups, if we looked at other's as human and nothing else then we'd solve alot of the problems we're talking about now.

i.e. It's not Jews vs. Muslims. It's humans vs. humans and both have the right to live so we shouldn't take sides. We should just try to find a way to stop the killing.[/b]
I agree with your thoughts......

#204215 - 15/09/03 06:28 AM Re: suicide bombers' culture
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:
Madman, I am the Palestinian member of this board, and I choose not to respond in these threads anymore because there's no point in arguing. I hear bigoted statements all the time and I ignore them because they come from the mouths of uneducated stupid people. I even hear people tell me that my culture doesn't really exist (as indicated by your "'so-called' Palestinians" statement).

And really, honestly, you guys can argue and debate all you want, but NO ONE understands what is going on in Israel unless you've lived there and gone through what they are going through right now.

My father has so many beautiful memories of his childhood in a once peaceful Ramallah. He never wanted to leave his home, but he had to because the living conditions deteriorated and life got too hard. He can't even explain to me in words what his life was like right before he moved here.

You know a lot of things are happening over there that we don't even hear about. Horrible things. And this is why I don't think any of us have enough information to say we are right or wrong about our opinions. There's no way we'll ever understand.

I don't condone killing, suicide bombing (I think it's horseshit, actually) , and I do not support Arafat.

I support my culture, the beautiful language, the wonderful food, the wonderful sense of family and closeness that we all share. My father was brought up a respectful man who passed down those morals to his children. It is a friendly culture and a loving culture, and there are a few psychos that ruin it all. But they exist in every culture. Nothing we can do about that...

Just know that there are good Palestinians out there. And the Muslim religion is a good religion. And a normal, sane, good Palestinian Muslim would not kill himself and take other lives with him. He would shed a tear at all the bloodshed.
Nicely put DizzyIzzy.

#204216 - 15/09/03 07:55 AM Re: suicide bombers' culture
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Posted by MidnightX
Quote:
I understand this and realize that a few bad apples are ruining it for everyone. My problem is this, maybe instead of shedding a tear at all the bloodshed, maybe they should have thier own rally's condemning the violence in a VERY PUBLIC way. It seems to be almost tacit permission by omission. They may not like what the extremists are doing, but what are THEY doing to try to put a stop to it? In not speaking out against it, doesnt it almost seem they condone it? There are plenty of christians in this country that speak out against the violence commited by Rudolph, McViegh, the KKK and other "christian" terrorrists.
I can understand that they may be afraid of reprisals maybe from Hamas and other organizations if they speak out. If this is the case, then isnt Hamas an enemy to all normal, sane Palestinians? Where is the mass outcry of all normal, sane palestinians to stop the terrorist acts?

#204217 - 15/09/03 08:24 AM Re: suicide bombers' culture
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Polls that I have seen in the past have shown a large percentage of the Palestinians support what groups like Hamas do. Also remember the celebrating in the streets after 9/11?

The problem that the Palestinians have, is the same one they have had for 60 years. There leaders are complete scumbags. Arafat and his Nazi uncle before him have repeatedly rejected a two state solution. Arafat gives lip service to peace, and when it comes down to it he walks away from the table and starts a terrorist war with Israel. I agree with the both sides need to do something mentality to a degree, but I believe Israelis are tired of trying, to only have it thrown back in their faces time and time again.

Arafat and his ilk, are rejectionists plain and simple. They have no desire to peacefully coexist with the Jews, they only wish to destroy them. This has been the case since Transjordan was formed, and the English gave control of the rest of what was known as Palestine to the Grand Mufti, who then conspired with Hitler to kill all the Jews.

#204218 - 15/09/03 05:53 PM Re: suicide bombers' culture
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:

If your ancestry is from Ramallah then you are a Palestinian. You more than anyone should know that the territories are filled with rejects from other Arab countries who were "reborn" as Palestinians once they moved there.

You should be thankful that your father had the foresight to move to America while he had a chance. As a female you should be doubly thankful. I don't doubt you have a close family.

I disagree with your point regarding how no one knows what is going on over there if we haven't actually lived there. Do you really know what is going on? Have you lived there? Could it be possible any info you get from distant relatives could be slanted or one sided? There is more than enough information available from both sides if you willing to pursue it.

I agree that the culture of the region may have been a friendly and loving culture at one time. This is no longer the case and has not been for many years. There are more than just a few psychos and I think you know it. The once loving culture has dengerated to a hateful culture of breeding "Shahids". You do know what a shahid is don't you? A culture that breeds their children to become martyrs does not have much of a sense of family as far as I am concerned.

I would like to think that there are good Palestinians out there and I am sure there are some but where are they? Why have they not stepped up to the plate and denounced what has happened to their people and culture. Evil only thrives when good men stand by and do nothing. Is the Muslim religion a good one? Too much to discuss in one post. I do know one thing, I read the English language translations of the Muslim Imams Friday sermons broadcast weekly on Palestinian Television from the Palestinian Authority . I would have to ask you what conclusion is one to think?

As a Palestinian I am sure your heart is broken by what has transpired. Until the present Palestinian leadership is overthrown and the current crop of Imams is discarded and some normal, sane, good Palestinians take hold of their own destiny and stop the insane culture of hatred, the Palestinian people are doomed.

Quote:
A quote from Friday Sermon by Sheikh Ibrahim Mudeiris at the Sheikh Zayed Al-Nahayan Mosque, Gaza City, September 5, 2003, Broadcast on Palestinian Authority-TV:

"Indeed, we consider America to be our No. 1 enemy, as long as it supports our enemy. Must we be killed by only American planes? [Must] our homes be destroyed only by means of American tanks? Must our enemy control us only by means of American support? America is our No. 1 enemy, and we see it as our No. 1 enemy as long as we learn from the lessons of the Battle of Tabouk [which took place in October 630 AD] :'Make ready for them whatever you can of armed strength and of mounted pickets.' [Koran 8:60] We are prepared and ready, but victory is from Allah…"

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal