shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#204422 - 02/10/03 11:41 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
Bucweet X Offline

Loc: Houston TX
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
Well then there is the good guy angle I was talking about. [Finger]
Yeah, if he's 'right' then he must be good. :rolleyes:

#204423 - 02/10/03 11:44 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:

Look, I'm not going to say what they did was right. But every link you sent said that they apologized immediatly. (Go back and read them. Your own facts hang you.)

Lott, on the other hand, exposed himself quite openly when he said that "If Sen. Thurmond had been elected, we wouldn't have had all of these problems today."

Now, honestly, he might have not even known what he was saying. But he should have. Because he made the SAME comment a couple of years before at a press conference, and was called to the carpet then too! He didn't learn his lesson.

On top of that, he took three days to apologize for his comments. There IS NO double standard. The two that you cite immediatly apologized profusely. Lott, on the otherhand, begrudgingly (that means "to give or expend with reluctance" Madman. I don't want to have to explain it to you later.) offered his apology only when Republican leaders asked him to, under much pressure.

The difference is the heart, and I don't see Lott having one.
That's just it. We've reached an impasse. You don't see the double standard. You never will. You don't want to see it. Even if you do, you will never admit to it. I think you do see it. That's why I said you are a hypocrite. You are very comfortable with the double standard.

#204424 - 02/10/03 11:49 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
[QUOTE]That's just it. We've reached an impasse. You don't see the double standard. You never will. You don't want to see it. Even if you do, you will never admit to it. I think you do see it. That's why I said you are a hypocrite. You are very comfortable with the double standard.
You quit!! I WIN!!!

#204425 - 02/10/03 11:54 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:

I WIN!!![/QB]
Actually I think Xterrapin won. Here we are 4 pages into this discussion/debate/argument and he hasn't posted anything since starting this thread.

[Too much XOC]

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#204426 - 02/10/03 11:55 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
Anonymous
Unregistered

The winner is the one with the last post. I think everyone can agree that I've won every arguement I've been in since joining this board.

#204427 - 02/10/03 12:05 PM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
I haven't seen a single one that you have won yet. What have you won exactly?

#204428 - 02/10/03 12:12 PM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
2001frontier Offline

Quote:
That last line was classic. He doesn't have a heart. Nice try. How about the fact that Bustamante belongs to a racist organization? This is generally ignored by the media, while if a white conservative candidate belonged to something similar he would be crucified?

WHAT DID LOTT SAY THAT WAS RACIST EXACTLY? WHY IS IT OK FOR A DEMOCRATIC SENATOR TO BE A FORMER MEMBER OF THE KKK? WHY IS IT OK FOR GANGSTERS LIKE JESSE JACKSON TO HOLD UP COMPANIES FOR MONEY?
Here is the post I wanted you to respond to. I didn't mean to bring it up in the other thread.

#204429 - 02/10/03 12:35 PM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
Anonymous
Unregistered

The reason Lott is wrong in saying "If Strom Thurmond had been elected President, we wouldn't have all these problems today," is that Strom Thurmond ran on the Dixicrat ticket, which disagreed with the civil rights legislation being proposed by the Democratic party. Their charter states that they "stand for the segregation of the races and the racial integrity of each race...We oppose the elimination of segregation...the control of private employment called for by federal bureaucrats in the misnamed Civil Rights program...We oppose and condemn the action of the Democratic Convention in sponsoring a civil rights program calling for an elimination of segregation."

Now...tell me...how would Strom Thurmond being elected have made things better now with a platform like that?

The key is, Thurmond changed his ways long after this, but Lott was talking about electing the man long BEFORE he changed.

Byrd changed. Notice that you write "FORMER" member of the KKK. Not "CURRENT."

Bustamante, well, I can't defend him being in MeCha, but you also have to remember...he was in COLLEGE at the time of his joining. We all do stupid crap when we're in college.
As far as them wanting to annex Texas and California to the rightful owners (Mexico)...well...I'm sure if there were more than two Indians still left around they'd want Florida back too...but it's not going to happen...Mecha is quite comical...I have to study more about them. smile

As far as Jesse Jackson goes, heck, even us Democrats are embarassed of him.

#204430 - 02/10/03 12:56 PM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
2001frontier Offline

Like I said earlier I will give you the Lott argument. I don't think he intended it the way it was taken though.

BTW, Bustamante has said the he still supports the group. Byrd is a moron. Jackson is never exposed as the fraud that he is, except by the evil O'Reilly.

These things illustrate the double standard very well.

#204431 - 02/10/03 01:05 PM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whatever. You haven't provided a counter-argument. I win.

#204432 - 02/10/03 01:09 PM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
Whatever. You haven't provided a counter-argument. I win.

Yup, you won

#204433 - 02/10/03 01:09 PM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
2001frontier Offline

You are a fucking idiot. I just provided three examples. You agreed with two of them. WTF?

Jesse Jackson is a media darling, and all he does is run around blackmailing companies. He is a complete racist. If a white man tried to do his scam he would be labeled as such.

Bustamante still supports his racist organization, yet you never here anything about it. You sure heard about Arnold's father being a Nazi though.

These AGAIN, are two examples of the double standard that you choose to ignore. I WIN! :rolleyes:

#204434 - 02/10/03 01:15 PM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Spit]

Oh man, Todrick, that was FUNNY!!!

Good pic.

#204435 - 02/10/03 01:17 PM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
You are a fucking idiot. I just provided three examples. You agreed with two of them. WTF?

Jesse Jackson is a media darling, and all he does is run around blackmailing companies. He is a complete racist. If a white man tried to do his scam he would be labeled as such.

Bustamante still supports his racist organization, yet you never here anything about it. You sure heard about Arnold's father being a Nazi though.

These AGAIN, are two examples of the double standard that you choose to ignore. I WIN! :rolleyes:
Simple blanket statements don't make an argument. Were you in debate, or do you know the rules of debating? You need cold hard facts, and all you're doing is opinionated statements.

I WIN!

#204436 - 02/10/03 01:17 PM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
i was racing to get it up after your posts... several others on here are fond of posting it

#204437 - 02/10/03 01:22 PM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
2001frontier Offline

Quote:
[QBSimple blanket statements don't make an argument. Were you in debate, or do you know the rules of debating? You need cold hard facts, and all you're doing is opinionated statements.

I WIN![/QB]
Fuck it. You are a completely dishonest debater. Nothing in that post was a blanket statement. Why can't you just admit there is a double standard? There are countless examples of it. Every minority scholarship is an example. How many white only scholarships are there? How about affirmative action in general? It is a double standard by definition. Damn man, you are going to have to do better than that. The double standard is institutionalized in this country.

Whatever happened to the original thought of the civil rights movement? MLK said that men should be judged by their character, and not by the color of their skin. We have gone now to the polar opposite of his dream.

#204438 - 02/10/03 01:53 PM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yawn....I've heard it fifty times from you. Give me facts.

#204439 - 02/10/03 02:09 PM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
2001frontier Offline

Huh? I have just given you plenty of examples of the racial double standard. What facts do you want? Again, you are disengenuous and I didn't really expect anything more from you. You have not provided a single fact to support your side other than saying Lott waited three days to apoligize which really does not prove a damn thing.

Tell me this. How is affirmative action not a double standard? The standards for the potential job or whatever are not equal because the minority gets preferential treatment. That means there are two standards for the same job or scholarship or whatever. One side has an advantage based on the color of their skin. This is a fact, and is in fact a double standard. You lose!

#204440 - 02/10/03 07:03 PM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
A little late into this game (I haven't been around here in a few days....) but here is my take on the Rush Limbaugh issue:

There is a conspiracy to promote black athletes by the NFL. Face it.

I have one thing to say about Rush Limbaugh:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! Finally, someone has publicly mentioned what me and my friends have been saying for years now.

How does a quarterback who has won NOTHING (AJ Feely should have started the playoff game) get to be the HIGHEST paid player in the NFL? Tell me why? Same goes for Dante Culpepper in Minnesota. This guy leads the league in fumbles last year and is REWARDED with a $100 million contract. Huh? I just don't get it. Gus Frerotte proved this weekend that it is the SYSTEM, not the player. Does that mean if Joe Montana was still playing today he would be worth $150 million? $200 million? And he won four Superbowls.......

The NFL is so consumed with have a black "anything" in power that it is absurd. It tries to force these black coaches and athletes into positions they are not qualified for. It makes the divide between whites and blacks even greater, just like affirmative action does. You earn what you get, not a position that was "given" to you because you are black or a minority. This really aggravates me.

I firmly believe the NFL is being black-balled by the likes of Jesse Jackson and Johnnie Cochran into promoting black athletes and coaches. Tell me where does an NFL team come up with $113 million for one average, at best, quarterback? The NFL HAS TO BE subsidizing these teams with incentives and money to promote these players.

How come blacks can make comments about white athletes, i.e. Stewart Scott on ESPN constantly calls white athletes "white boy" and no one raises an eye to that. But god forbid a white person makes any comment towards a black athlete....and they media calls for his head. What a double standard.

I personally feel that Rush Limbaugh said nothing wrong. He was clearly making an observation about a quarterback who is "supposed" to be the "upper" elite in quarterbacks who has lost his last four games dating back to last season.

I would like to had that I throw a better spiral than Donovan McNabb. You CANNOT run the West Coast offense if you cannot make a simple ten-yard dump-off pass to the running back. The back should not have to catch passes at his ankles. These are typical Donovan throws. Look at that awesome catch James Thrash made at the end of the Buffalo game. Everyone praises Donovan. Bull. How about the leaping ability of Thrash to catch that awful high pass?

Stone

PS: Another topic is that a-hole Terrell Owens and what a disgrace to the NFL he is. Would he blow up like that on a Bill Parcell's team?.........I think not. If I was San Francisco, T.O. would be on the waiver wire this week. As my high school football coach used to say, "There is no "I" in TEAM". Get rid of T.O.

#204441 - 02/10/03 07:08 PM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
2001frontier Offline

I hate T.O. He is a punk bitch. What he did on the Star at Texas Stadium made me want to through a brick through the damn TV. Fucker! mad

#204442 - 03/10/03 06:42 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Frontier, Wilmac is just pushing your buttons. Any right thinking individual knows that with affirmative action. NAACP, Miss Black America, Latino Grammy's etc etc etc all being accepted as part of our culture, of course there is a double standard.

Wilmac, what would be done or said if there was a legitimate NAAWP, or a Miss White America Pageant, or the Honky Grammy awards. (Country Music Awards dont count wink )

I have a few questions you could answer.
1)Would the networks carry either show? Why or why not?
2)Would an organization that called itself the NAAWP be accepted as a legitimate organization or would they be called racist?

If you answer the questions honestly you win!

#204443 - 03/10/03 07:17 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Oh man, Todrick, that was FUNNY!!!
Wow, didn't think there was anyone left that hadn't seen that before...

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#204444 - 04/10/03 05:58 PM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
Quote:
Originally posted by MBFlyerfan:
I have a few questions you could answer.
1)Would the networks carry either show? Why or why not?
2)Would an organization that called itself the NAAWP be accepted as a legitimate organization or would they be called racist?

If you answer the questions honestly you win!
1. Neither of them would make the air, people would finnaly realize that treating somebody differently based off skin color is wrong.
2. The NAAWP would be called Racists, considering the current NAAWP was started by the Arian Nation, or the KKK (I don't remember which) there's no way they could not be though of as Racists.

What do I win!? smile

The thing is that creating White oriented groups and events is just as bad if not worse then creating Black oriented events in the first place. If you create a Group like NAAWP just to counter NAACP then you're a hypocrite.

I think the only way to get rid of the problem is for the NAACP to focus more an showing how people are the same rather then trying to balance equality by treating people differently.

Come to think of it the NAACP are hypocrites for perpetuating the view that there is a difference between Black and White. They want equality but they're getting equality by treating Blacks differently (not as equals).

Xterra101.com

#204445 - 05/10/03 07:54 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
aquamander Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Ga.
They knew what they were getting when they hired Rush. He started off with the kind of commentary that they knew they were going to get a rise out of him. When they got it, everyone wanted to chop his head off. On that context, I think he did get a raw deal.

The one thing that bothers me more is the total hipocracy he has demonstrated. I don't listen to him much, but I do know he has had the opinion that anyone using drugs should be in jail. And he has been pro war on drugs. Now he is being investigated by the local DA for getting his people to go out and try to obtain oxycontin, methacodone, and vicodin for him. (any other poor bastard would go to jail for a 1/4 oz of pot)

Rush seems to be one of those say as I do, but you don't have my kind of money so do as I say kind of guys. I don't think the DA would be making open accusations unless there was something there. Where there is smoke, there is bound to be fire.

#204446 - 06/10/03 04:41 AM Re: Rush Limbaugh.
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Well, after watching the whole Eagles game yesterday, I have come to the conclusion that McNab is overated as a quarterback. He threw high, he threw low, he threw behind, he threw too hard, and his feet saved his ass. Limbaugh was right, he IS overated, but not because he is black. It took a bad overthrow by Ramsay to save the Eagles bacon.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal