shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#204863 - 24/10/05 08:05 PM Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
PrimeX Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx.
Rosa Parks passed away today.

R.I.P. Rosa Lee Parks. The world lost a good one today. frown

#204864 - 25/10/05 04:52 AM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
Weasel Offline

Loc: San Antonio
A true American patriot back when civil disobedience was called disloyalty and godless communism.

Wheh...good thing times have changed and people dont think like THAT anymore

Me: Um, That's Dan Marino...

#204865 - 25/10/05 05:28 AM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
Anonymous
Unregistered

A great lady. She'll be missed. frown

#204866 - 25/10/05 11:39 AM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
dezurtrat Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
A great lady. She'll be missed. frown
Totally agree! What courage it took in those days for her to make a stand the way she did! [ThumbsUp]

#204867 - 25/10/05 12:04 PM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Weasel:
A true American patriot back when civil disobedience was called disloyalty and godless communism.

Oh please. She's even admitted in interviews, that she didn't do it because she was trying to make a statement. She was tired, and didn't want to stand back up and move.

#204868 - 25/10/05 01:01 PM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
dezurtrat Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Tired or not, refusing to stand as opposed to giving up your seat on a bus in those days is no small feat! It took guts! [ThumbsUp]

#204869 - 25/10/05 01:27 PM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
Anonymous
Unregistered

frown

#204870 - 25/10/05 01:37 PM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by dezurtrat:
Tired or not, refusing to stand as opposed to giving up your seat on a bus in those days is no small feat! It took guts! [ThumbsUp]
agreed. [ThumbsUp]

#204871 - 25/10/05 01:44 PM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Kinda weird... now I'm sad about someone dying that I had assumed until today was already dead confused

#204872 - 25/10/05 02:13 PM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Oh please. She's even admitted in interviews, that she didn't do it because she was trying to make a statement. She was tired, and didn't want to stand back up and move.
Do you gotta be a total dick all of the time?

#204873 - 25/10/05 03:06 PM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Quote:
[b]A true American patriot back when civil disobedience was called disloyalty and godless communism.

Oh please. She's even admitted in interviews, that she didn't do it because she was trying to make a statement. She was tired, and didn't want to stand back up and move.[/b]
Uh...guess again. She was tired, yes. But that isn't why she stayed put.

"I was thinking that the only way to let them know I felt I was being mistreated was to do just what I did - resist the order," Mrs. Parks recalled years later. "I had not thought about it and I had taken no previous resolution until it happened, and then I simply decided that I would not get up.

"I was tired, but I was usually tired at the end of the day, and I was not feeling well, but then there had been many days when I had not felt well. I had felt for a long time that if I was ever told to get up so a white person could sit, that I would refuse to do so."
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#204874 - 25/10/05 03:56 PM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
InfX708 Offline

Loc: Ft. Bragg, NC
An interesting note - she asked the arresting officer why everyone treated blacks like they did. He said he didn't know, but it was the law.
I'll leave the analysis of that to someone else.

#204875 - 25/10/05 04:09 PM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is sad...someone who really made a change in our country for the better. People who maintain the courage of their convictions are rare. She, for one, will never be forgotten. frown

#204876 - 25/10/05 05:05 PM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by InfX708:
An interesting note - she asked the arresting officer why everyone treated blacks like they did. He said he didn't know, but it was the law.
I'll leave the analysis of that to someone else.
Bruce Hornsby... "That's just the way it is."
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#204877 - 25/10/05 07:23 PM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Quote:
Quote:
[b]A true American patriot back when civil disobedience was called disloyalty and godless communism.

Oh please. She's even admitted in interviews, that she didn't do it because she was trying to make a statement. She was tired, and didn't want to stand back up and move.[/b]
[LOL] Unbelievable!
Is there any thread on here that is safe from a jackass starting an arguement so that the thread ends up in the ALR???
Change the web address, abestoslinedroom.com!

#204878 - 25/10/05 10:43 PM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Oh please. She's even admitted in interviews, that she didn't do it because she was trying to make a statement. She was tired, and didn't want to stand back up and move.
Do you gotta be a total dick all of the time?[/b]
AHHHHHH!!!! I agree with Wilmac, AGAIN! I need a drink!

#204879 - 26/10/05 07:04 AM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX

#204880 - 26/10/05 07:11 AM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
When I was little, everyone wanted to sit in the back of the bus. So we never got why it was such a big deal.

Of course as we got older we understood the significance of her actions.

#204881 - 26/10/05 07:33 AM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Oh please. She's even admitted in interviews, that she didn't do it because she was trying to make a statement. She was tired, and didn't want to stand back up and move.
this coming from you??

[Spit]

#204882 - 26/10/05 11:55 AM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
this coming from you??

[Spit]
When I'm a dick, I do it with flair.

You do it with a queef, pussy.

#204883 - 26/10/05 11:58 AM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
monkeyman Offline

Loc: raleigh_nc
Quote:
Quote:
pot kettle laugh

#204884 - 26/10/05 12:02 PM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
this coming from you??

[Spit]
When I'm eat a dick, I do it with flair.
Sorry I don't put on 10 pieces of flair every morning when I come into work. We can't all be as [Rainbow] as you Willy. I mean, I could try, but I just can't get all dressed up and excited about eating dick like you.

[Finger]

#204885 - 26/10/05 12:09 PM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Well done guys. Really well done. :rolleyes:

#204886 - 26/10/05 12:37 PM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
[LOL]

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#204887 - 26/10/05 12:41 PM Re: Ah ha, hush that fuss, everybody move to the back of the bus...
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
All without a single ssssssnake . . .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal