2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#204936 - 01/10/03 11:01 AM Re: What Do YOU think about PETA's latest action
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
Oh Christ. I am not playing semantics games with you Sean. They have an extremist agenda, and I have heard their spokesman say that if someone was killed in one of their acts it would not change their thinking. They do more to hurt their cause than help it. The government considers them a terrorist organization, and I think it is just a matter of time before they kill someone.
Holy crap, I actually agree with you on something. Exremeists of any shape or form or belief, that are willing to do these acts are terrorists, no matter what their ideology is.

#204937 - 01/10/03 11:12 AM Re: What Do YOU think about PETA's latest action
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Bingo. Like I said it is just a matter of time before they kill someone. The acts they commit do more harm to the environment than anything they do to help it. Do they actually do anything to help the planet? If you want to protect the environment that is fine. Protest, write your congressman, support companies that do their part, and a million other things. Burning down apartment complexes, peoples homes, and businesses is not going to help the environment. How much pollution do you think a lot full of burning cars creates? BTW, the burnt Hummers.

#204938 - 01/10/03 11:15 AM Re: What Do YOU think about PETA's latest action
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:

Oh Christ. I am not playing semantics games with you Sean. They have an extremist agenda, and I have heard their spokesman say that if someone was killed in one of their acts it would not change their thinking. They do more to hurt their cause than help it. The government considers them a terrorist organization, and I think it is just a matter of time before they kill someone.
Man, lighten up! I was only busting your balls. Remember this thread is titled "PETA" not ELF.

:p

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#204939 - 01/10/03 11:17 AM Re: What Do YOU think about PETA's latest action
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Big deal. The topic shifted to ELF. Both groups make me sick anyway. Sorry if I seem uptight. I like arguing. laugh

#204940 - 01/10/03 03:59 PM Re: What Do YOU think about PETA's latest action
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
The big West Covina dealer that was torched was a H2 dealership not Jeeps. Although if Jeeps were torched somewhere I stand corrected.

The sad thing about ELF is that it is getting as much press as it is due to the crimes commited under it's moniker by crazy eco-terrorists wanting to be a part of an "organization."

ELF isn't even an actual organization with members ( laugh Moby) or any sort of hierarchy. It's a guy with a webiste that encourages radical eco-terrorists to commit crimes under the guise of sending a message from this "group."

As more and more radicals become aware of this site and it's alleged "message" it's going to gain in prominence and more crimes will be commited. It's an odd concept. A non-existant orginazition encouraging people to commit crimes in it's name.

Who or what is ELF?

#204941 - 01/10/03 05:34 PM Re: What Do YOU think about PETA's latest action
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:

ELF isn't even an actual organization with mambers [/URL]
Is that something like boobs? They have no boobs??? laugh [Wave]
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#204942 - 01/10/03 07:52 PM Re: What Do YOU think about PETA's latest action
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
The big West Covina dealer that was torched was a H2 dealership not Jeeps. Although if Jeeps were torched somewhere I stand corrected.
It was a joke. (Although the fact that they were Hummers is just as funny. I thought those things were indestructable. I guess hippies are their kryptonite. [Laughing] )

#204943 - 02/10/03 02:20 AM Re: What Do YOU think about PETA's latest action
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
In just about all situations there are people who stand up for their ideas and try to pass them on to others then there are people who try force their beliefs on others, that's where they cross the line.

For example:

I saw the Bouncing Souls tonight (yes they rocked, as usual) and near the place where you buy band t-shirts PETA had a table set up giving out pamphlets and showing animal cruelty videos.
I was waiting next to the table to go up and buy a shirt and the guy started talking to me.

Him: Ever heard of People for the Ethical Treament of Animals?
Me: Yes, actually I know quite a bit about the organization.
Him: Oh, so are you currently or in the future want to be a member?
Me: No, I still eat meat and all that stuff. I'm not interested enough to join.
Him: But doesn't it bother you that...(gave me the spiel about innocent animals).
Me: Yes it does bother me that some animals are being kept in unsanitary conditions and if you can keep that from happening without braking any laws I'd really appreciate it.
Him: But don't you want to help us fullfil that idea.
Me: No, like I said I'm not interested enough to join.
Him: Fair Enough.

People like him make me like PETA, I even though of donating $10 bucks but I wasn't sure if the money would go to helping animals legally or illegaly. If PETA wants to try to get people to stop eating meat and end animal cruelty that's fine, it's their 1st amendment right. As long as I can still eat and wear what I choose to; the Declaration of Independance says I have the right to liberty and happiness.

Xterra101.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal