shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#204958 - 19/05/03 06:04 AM Republican's, Put This In Your Pipe...
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
So, the Democrats are the big spenders in State government, eh...WRONG:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2003-05-18-spend-usat_x.htm

"State legislatures controlled by Republicans increased spending an average of 6.54% per year from 1997-2002, compared with 6.17% for legislatures controlled by Democrats. State spending rose slowest — 6% annually — when legislatures were split, with each party controlling one chamber."

I'll be sure to remind the republicans here of this link when they start blaming the Democrats for all the big spending that occurs in State government these days.

[Crybaby]

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#204959 - 19/05/03 06:06 AM Re: Republican's, Put This In Your Pipe...
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
So, the Democrates are the big spenders in State government, eh...[b]WRONG:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2003-05-18-spend-usat_x.htm

"State legislatures controlled by Republicans increased spending an average of 6.54% per year from 1997-2002, compared with 6.17% for legislatures controlled by Democrats. State spending rose slowest — 6% annually — when legislatures were split, with each party controlling one chamber."

I'll be sure to remind the republicans here of this link when they start blaming the Democrates for all the big spending that occurs in State government these days.

[Crybaby] [/b]
Give it a rest man..........

#204960 - 19/05/03 06:08 AM Re: Republican's, Put This In Your Pipe...
Sean Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:

Give it a rest man..........[/QB]
This topic was really meant for only one person, hint...hint.

wink

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#204961 - 19/05/03 06:25 AM Re: Republican's, Put This In Your Pipe...
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
Its not a big suprise to me... I know that Dems and Repubs are both waaayyy to happy to spend my hard earned tax dollars. Farging greedy bastages! [Finger]

#204962 - 19/05/03 06:43 AM Re: Republican's, Put This In Your Pipe...
daventx Offline

Loc: Midtown Houston, Texas
Oh Crap. Now we are going to see another heated us and them battle.

YAWN [Sleep]

#204963 - 19/05/03 06:44 AM Re: Republican's, Put This In Your Pipe...
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Lose the extraneous apostrophe in the subject, and spell democrats correctly and there's a slim chance I might take the time to read your post...

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#204964 - 19/05/03 07:29 AM Re: Republican's, Put This In Your Pipe...
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Democrates? isnt that the Greek who taught Monica how to give a proper blowjob?

#204965 - 19/05/03 07:44 AM Re: Republican's, Put This In Your Pipe...
Sean Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:

Lose the extraneous apostrophe in the subject, and spell democrats correctly and there's a slim chance I might take the time to read your post...

Brent
All fixed Brent, now it's worth his majesties time. How did you get so grumpy anyway, have you considered trying Citrucel?

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#204966 - 19/05/03 07:45 AM Re: Republican's, Put This In Your Pipe...
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:

Yeah no shit. The Federal budget has increased by 15% over the last two years. That's one of my big complaints about Bush and the Republicans. An example is the $15 billion going to AID's in Africa (really into the pockets of corrupt dictators and corrupt NGO's). It is an irresponsible waste of taxpayer money.

Too much is spent on waste of time social programs and corrupt and failed public education. Republicans today are afraid to say no to social spending because they fear girlymen pussies like you will call them racists.

The USA today article is flawed and can be construed as a propaganda piece. It makes too general a conclusion. Each state should be analyzed separately because each state has different problems. It doesn't even mention any reasons for increased spending in state budgets. For example between the years mentioned in the article, spending by most states have increased drastically due to the number of services supporting the massive influx of illegal immigrants over the same period of time. Nor does it take into account spending on legal immigrants. It never mentions the increase in the number of civil service jobs during this period in many states or the adjusted cost of living increases built into public service union contracts. The article takes nothing into account. It is an extremely poor piece of reporting, if you can even call it reporting. It is a typical USA Today agenda piece. It's just anti-Republican propaganda. I'm not surprised you love that rag.

I do think run away spending is a major problem of both parties. The Republican Party has to return to its roots. It's now just as bad as the Democrats. It's about time for a new national political Party.

However, if you are going to trash the Republican Party, post an article with some teeth and facts to back it up. I have plenty of problems with the Republicans. Try to find some actual hard facts and maybe I will agree with you on something. I doubt it considering you are an anti-Semitic, feminist Marxist, but it’s worth a try. (Also learn how to spell Democrat properly you dirtbag commie)

I noticed you were specifically waiting for me to reply. I’m sure you are not disappointed.

#204967 - 19/05/03 08:10 AM Re: Republican's, Put This In Your Pipe...
Sean Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:

Republicans today are afraid to say no to social spending because they fear girlymen pussies like you will call them racists.

The USA today article is flawed and can be construed as a propaganda piece. It makes too general a conclusion. Each state should be analyzed separately because each state has different problems. It doesn't even mention any reasons for increased spending in state budgets. For example between the years mentioned in the article, spending by most states have increased drastically due to the number of services supporting the massive influx of illegal immigrants over the same period of time. Nor does it take into account spending on legal immigrants. It never mentions the increase in the number of civil service jobs during this period in many states or the adjusted cost of living increases built into public service union contracts. The article takes nothing into account. It is an extremely poor piece of reporting, if you can even call it reporting. It is a typical USA Today agenda piece. It's just anti-Republican propaganda. I'm not surprised you love that rag.

I do think run away spending is a major problem of both parties. The Republican Party has to return to its roots. It's now just as bad as the Democrats. It's about time for a new national political Party.

However, if you are going to trash the Republican Party, post an article with some teeth and facts to back it up. I have plenty of problems with the Republicans. Try to find some actual hard facts and maybe I will agree with you on something. I doubt it considering you are an anti-Semitic, feminist Marxist, but it’s worth a try. (Also learn how to spell Democrat properly you dirtbag commie)

I noticed you were specifically waiting for me to reply. I’m sure you are not disappointed.[/QB]
Mad Dog,

Not disapponited at all, as always, you're quite amusing. Long time no hear, I'm glad you could squeeze in a response between your many cross burnings. How are things? Any new Clinton jokes, or new deviants in your cross-hairs? How's the gas tank filling business? It was a little slow here at work, and I needed some of your delightful "insight" to make me laugh. By the way, I could really give two shits about USA Today or politics in general (I have a life, unlike yourself). I just like reading your responses, especially when I find conservative's fuck-ups in the news. Nothing like tearing a preacher off the soap box, and proving him/her a fraud.

laugh

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#204968 - 19/05/03 08:13 AM Re: Republican's, Put This In Your Pipe...
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:

[b]Lose the extraneous apostrophe in the subject, and spell democrats correctly and there's a slim chance I might take the time to read your post...

Brent
All fixed Brent, now it's worth his majesties time. How did you get so grumpy anyway, have you considered trying Citrucel?[/b]
No, it isn't.

"Lose the extraneous apostrophe in the subject" . . .

I'll let you figure that one out.

"All fixed Brent, now it's worth his majesties time. How did you get so grumpy anyway, have you considered trying Citrucel?"

Here's a freebie:

"All fixed, Brent, now it's worth His Majesty's time. How did you get so grumpy, anyway? Have you considered trying Citrucel?"

#204969 - 19/05/03 08:58 AM Re: Republican's, Put This In Your Pipe...
Claus Offline

That was NOT a reply by The NYMADMAN !!!.
This person actually uttered a displeasure about the leader of the free world!.

Where is our Madman and what have you done to him !?.

#204970 - 19/05/03 03:41 PM Re: Republican's, Put This In Your Pipe...
NthLJ Offline

Loc: Reno, NV USA
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:

Yeah no shit. The Federal budget has increased by 15% over the last two years. That's one of my big complaints about Bush and the Republicans. An example is the $15 billion going to AID's in Africa (really into the pockets of corrupt dictators and corrupt NGO's). It is an irresponsible waste of taxpayer money.

Too much is spent on waste of time social programs and corrupt and failed public education. Republicans today are afraid to say no to social spending because they fear girlymen pussies like you will call them racists.

I'm beginning to like you... [Laughing] [Spit] [Laughing]

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

#204971 - 19/05/03 05:49 PM Re: Republican's, Put This In Your Pipe...
ned946 Offline

I don't have any idea about the validity of your stats...but at a superficial glance....your percentage differences are (by definition) statistically insignificant.

#204972 - 19/05/03 06:29 PM Re: Republican's, Put This In Your Pipe...
lemsip Offline

Loc: Lakewood, CO
Republicans cut services, at least here in Colorado they have, but they also increase spending, so where does the money go ?

#204973 - 19/05/03 06:33 PM Re: Republican's, Put This In Your Pipe...
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by lemsip:
Republicans cut services, at least here in Colorado they have, but they also increase spending, so where does the money go ?
Defense at the state level. laugh
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal