shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#205034 - 16/04/06 06:07 PM Old school meets new….
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
On my way home I spied the new transparent billboard on the Corp Nissan building so I made a quick stop and snapped these of the original MT SUV of the year in 2k meeting the new bigger model [LOL]

Of course mine has some minor improvements wink not as shinny and I sure do need to touch up those sliders. Although I do like the billboard and 2nd gens.

[Edit]Pixs taken from a street accessible open area being used by bikers and joggers the day I was there to go along the path [Edit]

#205035 - 16/04/06 06:13 PM Re: Old school meets new….
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Hmmmmmm, ya. Yours is much better. laugh

Nice X! [ThumbsUp]

#205036 - 16/04/06 07:50 PM Re: Old school meets new….
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ha, nice shot! They need to put yours on the billboard. laugh

#205037 - 16/04/06 10:06 PM Re: Old school meets new….
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Ahhhh!!...Nothing beats the look of "Old school Xterra"...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#205038 - 16/04/06 10:20 PM Re: Old school meets new….
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
When did you get rid of the silver one Brian?

I must have missed a post or two [Freak]

Nice shots.

#205039 - 16/04/06 10:47 PM Re: Old school meets new….
Anonymous
Unregistered

they both should be up there side by side...nice pic...nice x also...

#205040 - 16/04/06 11:59 PM Re: Old school meets new….
Anonymous
Unregistered

I noticed the new sign last week! You beat me to the post! =)
Cool shot with yours in it though!

#205041 - 17/04/06 01:00 AM Re: Old school meets new….
LAXterra Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by XterrAZ:
When did you get rid of the silver one Brian?

edited to santize...

The "offical story":
Quote:
Originally posted by Xtoolbox:
BTW for those that Email/PM’d, Yup I sold the toolbox almost three months ago. I absolutely enjoyed every minute of my 4+ years of my ownership, have nothing but praise for the X it was hard to see such a beloved vehicle go but the growing family needed more space, seats, etc. anyway. I stumbled upon a very clean 94 Toyota FZJ80 cruiser with about 88K miles that was babied by the original owners a older couple and ended up buying it for a fraction of what I got for the X.

Has power everything, leather, huge moon roof which I’m really enjoying, three rows of seats, more cargo space, full time 4wd, solid axles front/rear with coil springs, center diff lock, front & rear electronic lockers , abs, front/rear disc brakes, etc. Absolutely spotless, everything looked almost new to me, never wheeled, interior, undercarriage are in better shape than the toolbox was when sold.

Who knows if the 05 X comes with three rows of seats maybe I buy another one, Toolbox V2 for now I’m really enjoying the Crusher and the SAS Pathy that you see at the Nissan events.

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

#205042 - 17/04/06 05:14 AM Re: Old school meets new….
Snoopy Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
LAX... :rolleyes:

Great picture Toolbox! I too wanted to pull over and take the same photo when I drove by that sign a couple weeks ago.

#205043 - 17/04/06 05:59 AM Re: Old school meets new….
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
[ThumbsUp]

#205044 - 17/04/06 11:46 AM Re: Old school meets new….
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like yours better too! laugh

#205045 - 17/04/06 11:48 AM Re: Old school meets new….
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by LAXterra:
Quote:
Originally posted by XterrAZ:
[b]When did you get rid of the silver one Brian?

Brian got rid of the Silver one after he rolled it driving too fast on a dirt road... at CALX4 in October 2003.

It would not have mattered if you had seen the posts. Brian claimed he "sold" the silver one because it was too small for his family.[/b]
Harboring any bitterness?

#205046 - 17/04/06 04:26 PM Re: Old school meets new….
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
Asbestos lined room in 10,9,8,7....

#205047 - 17/04/06 06:16 PM Re: Old school meets new….
Anonymous
Unregistered

nice! [ThumbsUp]

LAX.. c'mon man, grow up :rolleyes:

#205048 - 26/05/06 01:46 PM Re: Old school meets new….
LAXterra Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Harboring any bitterness?
So I edited it to remove the offensive truth... :rolleyes:

He just picked to wrong day to post this thread(posted April 16, 2006). The one year anniversary of abandoning me on the trail.

But like my edited post above shows... he was less then truthful about that also.

The picture in this post was obtained by Trespassing!

But that is just par for the course with the "New" SCCX...

Desert_Rat... edit your post and remove my quoted factual statement. Then you can also be a part of the group...

You are who you protect

#205049 - 26/05/06 01:55 PM Re: Old school meets new….
Anonymous
Unregistered

talk about beating a dead horse..

#205050 - 26/05/06 01:59 PM Re: Old school meets new….
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
He just picked to wrong day to post this thread(posted April 16, 2006). [b]The one year anniversary of abandoning me on the trail.[/b]
[Uh Oh !] Somebody needs to get a life. [Freak]

Originally posted by Shahram in the ALR:

Dude, you don't know the whole story or who's at fault...lemme break it down for you.

Place: The outskirts of Soda Lake Endangered Lichen/Moss Area, a highly sensitive ecological study zone of great importance.

Time: 16:15, on the Lord's Day

SCCX was on a "peyote run", led by "Blue Leader", a 'Nam POW and self-proclaimed "kung fu shaman" that Jason (code name "Sleeper Hold") had met the day before and decided to study under as his sinsei. Of course, the lead vehicle was a tricked out Jeep Rubicon...only because the run was gonna get so hairy at some point that the 4x2's would just have to turn around and head home by themselves in the dark. There was no way some two wheel drive soccermommycar was gonna make it.

Cary (LAXterra) was all hopped up on Jesus and a new TV gig as the editor of "Daddy Dearest", a sitcom pilot starring Don Rickles. "It's gonna be the greatest show ever!" he said, "It'll go ten seasons and kick the shit out of that filthy Will and Grace....filthy dirty....you' just wait and see." And so fed up with the slow pace of the SCCX line, and instead of driving around the endangered moss and lichen area, he drove right fucking through it. All I remember hearing was "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!?!" over and over again on the FRS radio before I realized what was happening.

Cary hit the lake bed doing almost 70 miles an hour. He damn near made it, too, but he had it in 2WD HI, and the mud and lichen's suction was too strong. His IFS piece of shit finally succumbed. Unfortunately for Cary, a log he intentionally hit also ripped out various semi-important parts from under his vehicle....like the fucking driveshaft and shit.

Oil and grease and coolant and tranny fluid and saliva was everywhere, a total environmental fuck job. He might as well have used a couple of baby seals and a spotted owl as sand ladders while he was at it. Turns out the mixture of chemicals that Cary left on that lakebed created a supervirus that eventually destroyed all of the rare flora and fauna on the lake. Greenpeace now has a contract out on his life, and out of this fear Cary is never less than five seconds away from his lawyer.

When he finally emerged from the car, he was a big ball of frustration and blame. He said it was our fault because we goaded him with our slowness, it was the lake's fault for being too wide, it was Nissan's fault for giving him false hope in his soccermommycar's abilities to drive on dirt, and it was God's fault for creating the problem to begin with. He yelled and screamed and spit and cussed at everything within earshot for more than an hour before we could calm him down with the promise of more booze and pills.

Since none of us wanted to tow his car out of the muck, for fear we would get stuck ourselves, and also wanting no part of this environmental holocaust, we convinced him to call a tow truck. He had cell phone reception, and he opted to call his wife to let her know he was going to be late.

He accidentally speed-dialed his work instead, and when his boss answered the phone, he assumed his boss was at his house, fucking his wife. "JUDAS!!!" he screamed over and over again in the phone. "UNGRATEFUL JUDAS!!!! I'LL KILL YOU!!! I'LL KILL YOU YOU SON OF A WHORE!!!" He smashed his cell phone into bits, and then he doubled over in a seizure of unconsolable grief, sobbing and muttering "Helen...Helen no...oh my sweet Helen....how could you..."

This went on for about thirty minutes, before he would allow us to touch him. We rubbed his back for a minute or two and assured him there was an explanation, that everything would be all right. "Sure", he said, "you're right. I'm okay now. I'm okay."

He went to the back of his truck and produced a large Estwing axe, walked over to his wheels, and chopped gaping holes in the sides of his General Grabber tires. We were powereless to stop him. "What the hell are you doing?" he was asked. "I'm staying here!" he yelled, " I like it here! I'm gonna stay here and have a new life! You get away from me, you perverts! Go on! Get out of here! Leave me alone!!!" He was swinging the axe wildly, and so we backed off towards our own vehicles.

When he was asked if he at least had water and food, he picked up a big clump of oil- and coolant-contaminated mud and ate it down, making a contorted, pain-riddled face before forcing a gaping, muddy smile. "See," he said, "how a man can LIVE OFF THE LAND? You don't know how to live off the land, because you weren't Scouts! You lazy perverts! Scumbags! I'm gonna live off the land! LIVE OFF THE FAT OF THE LAND!!!" The decision was made to leave him there, for our own safety and others' as well.

Two days later, he was picked up by six illegal alien migrant workers travelling in a beat up '79 Toyota Corona, which they drove on to the lake, and which towed Cary's lifeless Xterra to the road with the rope they used to secure down their hood. Since they didn't speak English, and Cary doesn't speak Spanish, they couldn't understand his muted racist epithets towards them. They droped him off at the nearest police station, where it was discovered that there was a Missing Persons report filed in his name.

He was remanded to the custody of his wife, where he assured her that he would never leave her side again. Ever. To this day, he has never spoken to her about her "affair". Once in a while he slaps her real hard, though, just to let her know he's still there.

Cary comes back to XOC from time to time, when the med combinations aren't working, to remind us of our own transgressions and shortcomings. He's a good editor, good at taking a whole thing and just paring it down to just what he wants to see or hear. A professional turd-polisher, if there ever was one.

So VG33POWER, now you know the story in full, dude. Now you can pass all the judgment, make all the remarks, have all the opinions, because you are in the know. You are in the inner circle.

#205051 - 26/05/06 02:22 PM Re: Old school meets new….
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
[QUOTE]
Fuck you.

I've stayed out of this until now, but your posts really have grown tiresome. The "new SCCX" as you put it with such derision is comprised of a great, family oriented crew. With all of the shit you unceasingly stir up, it sounds like the days of old -- and your days in the sun -- were the problem. It really sucks watching you rant ad nauseum online about people who you have never met. And it's getting beyond old.

Yes, you post a pic of the X on church steps. Admittedly, not a great thing to do. We've given him crap about it and moved on. He's a good and helpful person and that instance was a youthful indiscretion. Perhaps our discussions about it didn't meet with your approval, but so what. Move along.

Right now, the SCCX forum is full of threads about such things as adopting a new trail, doing trail maintenence, holiday weekend fun runs and congratulating two fellow members on their engagement -- to eachother! The boards are more active than they have been in a long time and I look forward to communicating with these people on a regular basis and heading off to the great outdoors with them.

So, speaking only for myself and not on behalf of anyone else, I truly hope you never have any future involvement with the "new SCCX." And for the record -- before you accuse me of doing what you do and ranting about someone they've never met -- I have met you before. A long time ago at KTLA.

Let me tell you, I cringe when I show up on a remote and someone sees my X and they go, "Hey, do you know Carey? Man, that guy's a piece of work..."

#205052 - 26/05/06 02:23 PM Re: Old school meets new….
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
[LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]
Fly, you da man!

#205053 - 26/05/06 02:27 PM Re: Old school meets new….
Anonymous
Unregistered

going in the ALR in 10, 9, 8, ....

#205054 - 26/05/06 02:29 PM Re: Old school meets new….
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
[LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]
Fly, you da man!
Shahram should win post of the century for that thing. The first time I read it, I nearly pissed myself I was laughing so hard. [LOL]

#205055 - 26/05/06 02:30 PM Re: Old school meets new….
Anonymous
Unregistered

it was pretty damn funny... [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

#205056 - 02/06/06 02:36 PM Re: Old school meets new….
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

The picture in this post was obtained by [b]Trespassing!

[/b]
I don't really feel like posting every thing I said before in reply to the church picture, you've obviously read that Before. You can read my reply at http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=27;t=001056; p=2; about 2/3rd of the way down the page. In fact you still haven't responded my questions asked in that thread.

Also you can see the whole thread of the church steps here: http://www.sccxterra.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2865 just so you know how everything went down, and how it isn't a reflection of the clubs direction.

Also, how do you know that Brian Was trespassing?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobby B.:
Right now, the SCCX forum is full of threads about such things as... congratulating two fellow members on their engagement -- to eachother!
Hey, That would be Me and Emily, Lereil on SCCX! Our Aniversery is basically the Nissan Xterra Champion ship, I asked her if she wanted to come with me and we've been seeing each other ever since. Now we've set a date and place to get married. I know we're horrible people for it but hey, what can you do?

#205057 - 16/06/06 12:55 PM Re: Old school meets new….
LAXterra Offline

Quote:
Fuck you.
Yes. That's par for the course. :rolleyes:

Quote:
I've stayed out of this until now, but your posts really have grown tiresome. The "new SCCX" as you put it with such derision is comprised of a great, family oriented crew. With all of the shit you unceasingly stir up, it sounds like the days of old -- and your days in the sun -- were the problem. It really sucks watching you rant ad nauseum online about people who you have never met. And it's getting beyond old.
So... ignore the fact that Xtoolbox trespassed. Just say I'm stirring up... stuff.

Quote:
Yes, you post a pic of the X on church steps. Admittedly, not a great thing to do. We've given him crap about it and moved on. He's a good and helpful person and that instance was a youthful indiscretion. Perhaps our discussions about it didn't meet with your approval, but so what. Move along.
Granted maybe I over reacted and should have overlooked the comparison due to "youthful indiscretion". I over looked Xtoolbox's "indiscretions" for literally years. Being in his 40's "youthful" doesn't apply.

I saw Steeple Stepper as the newest Xtoolbox Jr. One member before he became a BOD member even had a signature on SCCX of, "Trying to follow Brian". He bought a Jeep and changed it to "Follow me if you can". Then later changed it to, "Don't follow me... you won't make it". He was one of the first generation Xtoolbox JR's.

Maybe Steeple Stepper will not turn out to be a Xtoolbox Jr. Maybe he will since he is proud of his nickname. Pride and Ego do a lot to shape a person's character.

Quote:
Right now, the SCCX forum is full of threads about such things as adopting a new trail, doing trail maintenence, holiday weekend fun runs and congratulating two fellow members on their engagement -- to eachother! The boards are more active than they have been in a long time and I look forward to communicating with these people on a regular basis and heading off to the great outdoors with them.
Adopting a new trail? What you left out was the club has to get a new trail AFTER loosing the previous one. Why? Because the club failed to do trail maintenance and the trail was given to a Toyota Club.

Speaking of Holidays. What ever happened in 2004 and 2005. I guess SCCXmas was canceled for TWO years due to lack of a host?

Quote:
... it sounds like the days of old -- and your days in the sun -- were the problem
Really? Out with the OLD and in with the NEW! How about the OLD area that SCCX adopted got the club a award for "Club of the Year" in 2003? That area has since been essentially abandoned for the more glamourous AAT. Which the club lost to a Toyota Club.

Quote:
So, speaking only for myself and not on behalf of anyone else, I truly hope you never have any future involvement with the "new SCCX." And for the record -- before you accuse me of doing what you do and ranting about someone they've never met -- I have met you before. A long time ago at KTLA.

Let me tell you, I cringe when I show up on a remote and someone sees my X and they go, "Hey, do you know Carey? Man, that guy's a piece of work..."
My only future involvement with the "new SCCX" is to try an be a conscience... for people who's conscience has atrophied.

So... you met me... once... a long time ago.

Your statement makes no logical sense. Your profile lists your occupation as "Writer/photographer".

Those occupations in Television News are two different jobs covered by two DIFFERENT unions. Which two unions are you in?

You take your X to "remotes"? Is your X a news van? No one I know in Los Angeles who is working as a news photographer drives their personal vehicle to a "remote". Define "remotes". Nice attempt to disparage me and my work though. :rolleyes:

Kind of reminds me of one a Xtoolbox's attempts to disparage my work... :rolleyes:
Quote:
Originally posted by Xtoolbox:
…eating hamburgers with 2 cell phones, two radios ,while glancing at a paper map and two different GPS’s all at the same time, no wonder their soooo slooooow.
It is ALWAYS much easier to kill the messenger... then to bother to listen to the message. frown

Have a nice day.

You are who you protect...

#205058 - 16/06/06 01:17 PM Re: Old school meets new….
LAXterra Offline

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal