shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#205059 - 16/06/06 02:30 PM Re: Old school meets new….
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by LAXterra:
...FOR GOD SAKE DON'T ROCK THE BOAT. It is ALWAYS much easier to kill the messenger... then to bother to listen to the message. frown

You are who you protect...
Cary, I have posted on these threads of yours many times... you know my position... with that you keep saying things like what is quoted above...

so you obvuiously see what is wrong with that... funny thing is I don't remember you ever appologizing for doing the exact same thing to me.

#205060 - 16/06/06 03:47 PM Re: Old school meets new….
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay, I'm not as gifted as you with the online quote functions as you are, so here goes.

"Granted maybe I over reacted"

Maybe I did too. For that, I apologize to you Cary. I just took issue with hearing and seeing all of this stuff because, since I've joined the club, I've met great people and for whatever happened in past, they weren't a part of it and don't deserve to be slammed. Just as you don't want to be painted as something you're not, neither do we.

The guy you refer to as "steeple stepper" is a good guy and, to the best of my knowledge, isn't trying to be anyone but himself. In fact, he is less likely to try and be someone else than many people I know. The "steeple stepper" name, though, remains as a reminder of an incident not to be repeated.

Originally posted by you:
Because the club failed to do trail maintenance and the trail was given to a Toyota Club.

Before my time. So does mean everyone now is not supposed to undertake a new effort? Lots of us really want to do this and are working to make it happen. And not just on an officially recognized adopt-a-trail either. So we're moving forward to make it happen. Hopefully many people will get involved and we'll have a great time doing it.

Posted by Cary:
Speaking of Holidays. What ever happened in 2004 and 2005. I guess SCCXmas was canceled for TWO years due to lack of a host?

Don't know, before my time. Maybe as the club continues evolving, fun-sounding things like this can happen again.

Originally posted by Carey:
How about the OLD area that SCCX adopted got the club a award for "Club of the Year" in 2003? That area has since been essentially abandoned for the more glamourous AAT. Which the club lost to a Toyota Club."

Again, how are we supposed to live in the past? Ripping on the club for what happened will neither change the past or make the future any better. Perhaps I'm focusing too much on the future, but that's what I've got to work with.

Posted by Carey:
Those occupations in Television News are two different jobs covered by two DIFFERENT unions. Which two unions are you in?

Never said I worked for KTLA, Cary. Just said I met you there. I am in neither union, as I don't work for a studio. Never said I work a news photographer, either. And yes, in my work I do go to live shots for many networks as well as shoots/news events for print media and use my X, as it's my only car.

Posted by Cary:
"Nice attempt to disparage me and my work though."

Never once did I impugn your work. In fact, I know exactly what you have to go through in your position as a news photographer and fully acknowledge it's not easy. Feels like a lifetime ago that I took every chance I could to learn my way around the news biz by heading out on every live shot I could, be it in the truck, helicopter, whatever, covering fires, news conferences, high-speed chases and boring grip-and-grins. So kudos to you for having a staff position in the nation's number two news market; that's an accomplishment in-and-of itself.

Maybe had this entire exchange happened in person over a friendly beer, there wouldn't be such acrimony, but instead everyone would be talking about how cool things will be for sccx in the future.

Your post pissed me off. I responded. I mean really, did you honesty believe that no one would take issue with your comments? I believe that those frequenting the SCCX boards today who are working to contribute to the club in whatever way possible deserve better. While I agree that those who forget their past are condemned to repeat it, come on. If anything, those in the club from the way-back are highly cognizant that the way things once were are not the ways things should be now. If you're trying to act as the unsolicited conscience of sccx as it stands today, perhaps there is a better way of going about it.

And while I'm not trying to pick an online fight with you -- quite the contrary -- what I said about the remote happened. Last year; I didn't solicit it and I didn't continue the conversation. Sorry dude. FWIW, this post is the only occasion where I've ever brought that up, and it will be the last.

Posted by you:

Brian doesn't need me to protect him. I wouldn't presume to try. That thought would probably make him laugh. He's already posted up in the other thread about trying to make nice, so you two do what ever you need to do.

"Have a nice day."

You too.

#205061 - 16/06/06 07:49 PM Re: Old school meets new….
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Damn, anyone else starting to miss Snarl?

#205062 - 19/06/06 10:51 PM Re: Old school meets new….
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Chris. It is a perfect reflection on the clubs direction!

What is the clubs direction? It is a reflection of Xtoolbox's direction. His motto's:

It's easier to ask for forgiveness... then to ask for permission or to obey ANY rules. wink

Screw the rules! I will do what ever I want!

If I don't follow the rules... It's not my fault. The rules are wrong and need to be changed.

The rules are old. No one pays any attention to them anyway. So I will do what I want.

Screw the law! It's the laws job to catch me.

I started this club... I am above any rules. I WILL DO WHAT EVER I WANT! [Finger]

It's just a truck club... everyone is complacent and not paying attention to my actions. I CAN GET AWAY WITH WHAT EVER I WANT!

If I get caught... no worries. I have plenty of like minded people who will protect me. People that will blindly swallow my excuses to protect the image of the club. If myself or anyone else screws up... we will be protected to save the clubs image. I have never even got so much as a slap on the wrist in over 6 years... AN I NEVER WILL! laugh

How do I know Brian was trespassing?

Because looking at the picture I can tell he is parked on Los Angeles County Public Works property. Reference his mottos above an try an tell me with a straight face that he got permission. Permission to be on Los Angeles County Public Works property for the picture.

Chris... you are the first person to even ask how I know. Everyone else is complacent. Everyone else has swallowed his excuses and deceptions for years without even bothering to investigate themselves. FOR GOD SAKE DON'T ROCK THE BOAT. It is ALWAYS much easier to kill the messenger... then to bother to listen to the message. frown

Chris... if you want proof... please let me know. It would be interesting to see his excuses and SCCX swallow them whole without choking on them.

Cary other than your own words and opinions you don't have any cold hard evidence that this so called tresspassing is the direction of the club? Do I act in the same manner as you claim the club is headed? does bobby? Mitch? Billy, Bryan, Jaime, Dan, Eric, Betsy, etc. and we have tons more members do they all reflect this direction the club is headed? You've so far tried to use two members to represent an entire club. Does that sound like fair representation? And where is your evidence that we are just trying to cover up for Brians actions? Am I trying to cover up for Brian's or expose your attempts to discredit the clubs reputation? And how can youi claim we're just trying to cover up for Brian when your statements never directed towards brians actions but towards the "direction of the club" If you've got a beef wiht Brian Keep it there, don't get the club involved and we wouldn't be having these conversations.

And just to go back to the trespassing issue, you still have no hard evidence that Brian was indeed trespassing since you do not know the exact location of Brians truck. And since you seam to know where his truck was located you must know how he was trespassing. Was he behind a gated area? if so how did he get behind the gate? how do you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was trespassing? Perhaps he just pulled up into a drive way just before a gate, in fact it looks like he isn't that far from the road. Why doesn't he answer, where was the picture taken? I'm just getting tired you posting claims without backing them up beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I'm curious, how do you know we aren't adopting 3N04 because we weren't maintaining it any longer? is this one of your deductionss or did you speak directly to Greg Hoffman to find out why as I have done? I can tell you this, it wasn't because we weren't maintaining it.

Now why won't you answer my simple questions, what are you hoping to acheive by all this? Why do you bring in pictures from the forum and take them out of context and say this is an acurate representation of the club? Surely anyone who follows the links I've posted to you claims can see that the picture of Davey on the steps was not an accurate representation of the club, yet what I take from your posts is that you are saying it is. I've invited you to talk with me in private, via email, or phone but you havn't taken me up on that offer. And I'm getting real tired of having to track down your post knowing that What ever you've posted I'll have to come in and give the back ground information to what limited scewed information you've posted. So I'll ask you again, can you please stop trying to drag the clubs name through the mud. Other than that I just can't understand the intentions of your's in posts like these. Do you want to help out the club? Too bad, these posts don't help.

One last thing: "You are who you protect" I guess Jesus was the lame, the sick, the hungry, a protistute, a theif, a murder, a rapist, a child molester, a lier, etc... If you are who you protect then Jesus was a sinner, because he came to interceed for sinners so that we can be saved. if Jesus was a sinner then all his teachings are without merit. Jesus didn't save people by beating them with righteousnes he saved people by protecting them, even those that didn't want to be protected, so I'd be careful with what you say.

#205063 - 20/06/06 11:19 AM Re: Old school meets new….
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by DocNo:
Damn, anyone else starting to miss Snarl?
NO!

If everyone would IGNORE Carey, it would stop. He's the type that likes to be the cener of attention, even if it means being endlessly argumentative to obtain that attention.

I'm sure this post will illicit a response from him. Watch me ignore it...

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#205064 - 20/06/06 11:43 AM Re: Old school meets new….
Anonymous
Unregistered

wow...on a completely unrelated note, i just had the strangest case of deja vu. [Uh Oh !]

(i'm sure you all wanted me to share that) laugh

#205065 - 20/06/06 01:29 PM Re: Old school meets new….
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
Quote:
Originally posted by DocNo:
[b]Damn, anyone else starting to miss Snarl?
NO!

If everyone would IGNORE Carey, it would stop. He's the type that likes to be the cener of attention, even if it means being endlessly argumentative to obtain that attention.

I'm sure this post will illicit a response from him. Watch me ignore it...[/b]
I know that's his type, but I can't just sit by when some one makes a slam at my Club and try to show the back ground information. Granded I've gone a little farther. But I can tell you that life is to short to wrry about arguing with Cary. I will make sure that when he posts some irrelevant uninformed "un-castrated steer defecation" I will be there to provide back ground information. I dont' have a point to prove or an ego to protect, just a club to take care of.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal