shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#205066 - 24/04/03 07:58 AM Fucking CA DMV
MyGoldX Offline

Loc: Santa Rosa, Ca
In the mail yesterday I recived both my renewal notice for the X AND the notice saying my registration was overdue.
It was due last month March 12th. I called the DMV and told them that I had just recieved both notices at the same time so I didn't feel that I should have to pay the 85.00 dollar penalty lae fee.
They replied that it was my responsibility to know when my registration was due and even if they were in error it was basically my fault and I was stuck paying the penalty fee
WTF?
It's my fault?? FUCK!
I told the guy on the phone that this isn't the best way for California to help solve the budget crisis. He didn't seem very amused and repeated that it is the drivers resposibility to call the DMV if a notice is not sent on time. Now really, how many people really pay that much attention to the due date of their registration
So then I go online to bite the bullet and just pay the damn thing and avoid any more late fees. The DMV sends out these fliers telling you how much faster and easier it is to pay online and how it is more convienent and efficient for them. But get this, they charge you a 4.00 fee to register online. Just another way to fuck the consumer. I guess they have to make up the budget somehow

I'm really, really getting tired of California, the state is broke, the school system is broke, the roads and traffic suck, housing is too expensive and everything else costs more than anywhere else

OK I'm done ranting now........

#205067 - 24/04/03 08:21 AM Re: Fucking CA DMV
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Well ... You gotta love "Red" Davis.

How the hell did that guy get re-elected anyway?

I hear California is only going to get worse. The state may have to claim bankruptcy soon or maybe another round of huge tax increases.

If they stopped spending so much money on services for illegals, things would be a little better.

But you know what? I get a kick out of the fact that your state legislature is only worried about men wearing dresses being able to get jobs. Don't hire them pay $150,000. Liberals ruined California.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2003/04/22/BA248780.DTL

#205068 - 24/04/03 08:41 PM Re: Fucking CA DMV
Stone4x4 Offline

Loc: Chandler AZ
I think it's fucking hilarious that California is tanking. I've lived next door all my life of fourty years.

Liberal snob assholes pretty much sums it up. California has had an attitude for sooooo long. And now they are leaving in droves. And Davis, my word people, how the fuck did you re-elect an asshole like that? To much tofu on the brain?

And California's liberal pandering to ILLEGAL immigrants is killing it and setting precedents for Arizona. Thanks. Gee, where did our budget goooooooooooo. That giant sucking sound Perot warned you about?

You be hearing it now.

Idiots.

#205069 - 24/04/03 08:48 PM Re: Fucking CA DMV
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
I had a similar experience with the CA DMV.

I was driving on an expired license for 3 months cause I didn't realize that it was expired. For my entire life, everytime my license expired, the DMV has always sent me a notice telling me a few months in advance. This time they didn't. It was my job to know when I should renew.

So, when I finally realize that I was driving illegally, I go to the DMV, and they said that since I allowed it to expire, I had to retake all my written exams. [Finger]

#205070 - 24/04/03 10:31 PM Re: Fucking CA DMV
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
I miss the San Diego area, I do NOT miss the state of California.

Unfortunatly so many of those assholes have now moved to Las Vegas I have no desire to every live back home again [Freak]

#205071 - 24/04/03 10:37 PM Re: Fucking CA DMV
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by MyGoldX:
I'm really, really getting tired of California, the state is broke, the school system is broke, the roads and traffic suck, housing is too expensive and everything else costs more than anywhere else
Welcome to the club smile

God it'll be good to get out of here

#205072 - 24/04/03 11:05 PM Re: Fucking CA DMV
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Same thing happened to me with my registration...I called and bitched, eventually gave up and paid the fees...also saw the $4.00 online "convenience fee" and decided a thirty-whatever cent stamp would do just fine. Bastards... :rolleyes:

Six months later found the bill they mailed me when they said they mailed it. Ooops!! [Too much XOC]

I've got a brilliant idea - move out of CA! (...see my 'location'? wink )

#205073 - 24/04/03 11:09 PM Re: Fucking CA DMV
LAXterra Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
Quote:
Originally posted by MyGoldX:
[b]I'm really, really getting tired of California, the state is broke, the school system is broke, the roads and traffic suck, housing is too expensive and everything else costs more than anywhere else
Welcome to the club smile

God it'll be good to get out of here[/b]
As bumper sticker goes... "Welcome to California. Now leave an take someone with you." laugh :p [Finger]

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

#205074 - 25/04/03 12:45 AM Re: Fucking CA DMV
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
lol... ca would be nice if there was no one here

#205075 - 25/04/03 06:37 AM Re: Fucking CA DMV
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Damn I am glad I live in texas. DMV has never failed to remind of renwal even though i keep an eye on it all the time.

#205076 - 25/04/03 12:58 PM Re: Fucking CA DMV
ashleynatlanta Offline

Loc: Birmingham, AL
Chia, you might want to keep that under your hat. All those California bastards will start moving out here to the south. Lord knows we got more damn New Yorkers living in North Carolina than we do southerners anymore.

Driving up our prices, bitching about the way we talk or the food we eat, buying up all the real estate, making driving miserable.... Should I go on?

laugh :p

#205077 - 25/04/03 01:09 PM Re: Fucking CA DMV
daventx Offline

Loc: Midtown Houston, Texas
DPS in Texas.

#205078 - 25/04/03 01:22 PM Re: Fucking CA DMV
apwired Offline

Loc: LA, CA, USA
The only reason to stay in CA is for the scenery and national parks! But I guess I could come back from AZ to see all this beauty since I don't live in it right nowe anyway. In fact I live in the opposite, in Los Angeles... whoa.. hardly a wheeling kinda place.

But I sure know how the DMV and license renewal is! Lost my license during WestX last year because my was overdue.. I only ever looked at the RED date on the thing thinking it was my expiry date, 'twas only my birthday. And the DMV and registration office don't talk to each ther either. Luckily I didn't have to retest though!

-alfonse

#205079 - 25/04/03 02:14 PM Re: Fucking CA DMV
kirby34 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
I remember one of my friends had the same thing happen to him, but what he did after getting the runaround at the local DMV office was write a letter to the Office of the Director with a photocopy of the postmarked notice envelopes. He got a reply back a couple weeks later telling him that his penalty fees were being waived.

More recently, another one of my friends ordered a personalized plate and the spacing was messed-up - he ordered one word with 5 characters and wanted it centered on the plate, but when he got it, the lettering was justified right. He was told at the local office repeatedly that he'd have to pay again to get it corrected, so he also wrote a letter to the Director and subsequently got his plates redone as he wanted for no charge.

Power of the pen, I guess.

Even though they've changed the waiting procedure at the local office, I still avoid going there like the plague. The thing is, people are FINALLY learning about making appointments around here, so the backlog is now usually 2-3 weeks for the first available appointment slot instead of 1-2 days.

#205080 - 25/04/03 10:26 PM Re: Fucking CA DMV
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Does CA not put expiration dates on license plates and Drivers licenses? Here in GA they both get renewed on your birthday so it makes it easy to remember. Tags every year, DL every 4, license plates have 2 stickers one is the month it expires, the other the year. Every year you just get a new different colored year sticker.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#205081 - 25/04/03 10:51 PM Re: Fucking CA DMV
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
They do print the expiration on the registration and license. What confuses me is that sometimes they send you a renewal letter and sometimes they don't. So I got into the habit of waiting for the letter to come. (Read: So I didn't keep track of my expiration)

It would be less confusing if they either A) Always sent renewal letters or B) never send renewal letters.

#205082 - 25/04/03 10:52 PM Re: Fucking CA DMV
kirby34 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Ramness570:
Does CA not put expiration dates on license plates and Drivers licenses? Here in GA they both get renewed on your birthday so it makes it easy to remember. Tags every year, DL every 4, license plates have 2 stickers one is the month it expires, the other the year. Every year you just get a new different colored year sticker.
Basically the same here, but car registration is renewed in the same month that you originally registered the vehicle, irrespective of your birthday, which is used for DL renewal. We also have month and colored year stickers, but a lot of people in this state can't seem to affix the month and year stickers on the correct side of the plate even though there is a big "MO" and "YR" in the indented surface to show you where to put them, not to mention a picture illustration on the registration slip itself when you get a new sticker. Though I don't know of anyone that's ever been actually cited for reversing the stickers. :p

#205083 - 29/04/03 05:30 AM Re: Fucking CA DMV
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Well, even though they didn't send you a renewal letter, it is still your registration right? Not to side with the enemy and all, but isn't one of the biggest things we bitch about on here is taking personal responsibility for your lives? Would you forget to pay your mortgage if the bill didn't show up this month???? In PA. registration and inspection is such a big deal, that I never even wait for the letters etc... I know when they are do and pay them the months they are etc....

#205084 - 29/04/03 06:56 AM Re: Fucking CA DMV
lemsip Offline

Loc: Lakewood, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
Not to side with the enemy and all, but isn't one of the biggest things we bitch about on here is taking personal responsibility for your lives?
Thank you !

Yes they should send a letter on time, but you should also know when your plates expire.

#205085 - 30/04/03 11:58 AM Re: Fucking CA DMV
MyGoldX Offline

Loc: Santa Rosa, Ca
Quote:
Originally posted by lemsip:
Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
[b]Not to side with the enemy and all, but isn't one of the biggest things we bitch about on here is taking personal responsibility for your lives?
Thank you !

Yes they should send a letter on time, but you should also know when your plates expire.[/b]
:rolleyes:

Ummm, yeah OK,

Don't you have a war to go protest or something

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal