2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#205111 - 07/05/03 01:56 PM Re: What do y'all think of this?
X-Yotaluva Offline

Loc: Rural Hall, NC
I heard Trent Lott was going to be the guest dj. j/j

#205112 - 07/05/03 01:56 PM Re: What do y'all think of this?
Claus Offline

Sad really that shit like this still goes on. Yes they paid for it themselves but what does this shit about "Concerns for interracial mixing" sick really. I wonder if they allow Jews or Asians. Then again it is most likely sponsored by David Duke.

I hear Banjo's

Madman, I thought you were in rehab, or did you graduate early?

#205113 - 07/05/03 01:59 PM Re: What do y'all think of this?
X-Yotaluva Offline

White people shouldn't dance anyway.

#205114 - 07/05/03 02:04 PM Re: What do y'all think of this?
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by X-Yotaluva:
White people shouldn't dance anyway.
Can this statement be refuted?

I can't do it . . .

#205115 - 07/05/03 02:07 PM Re: What do y'all think of this?
Trihead Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
We had our moment in the 80's with "kick" dancing.

#205116 - 07/05/03 02:10 PM Re: What do y'all think of this?
X-Yotaluva Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Quote:
[b]White people shouldn't dance anyway.

I can't do it . . .[/b]
Come on Graham! Pull out those MC Hammer pants and busta move for us.

#205117 - 07/05/03 02:12 PM Re: What do y'all think of this?
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Bucweet X:

I just don't believe your statement, "No white congressman allowed at their meetings"
Whether you believe it or not it is the truth. The only white people who would be at such meetings would be a congressional aide.

Quote:
Posted by myflyberfan:

You can place doubt on whether or not you think these kids' purpose is to be discriminatory. This prom, is racist. There is no other way it can be construed for those who are living in reality. There are no other reasons you can give for it. The CBC, BET, all these things are looked at as positive outlets for black society. Do any white people here REALLY feel discriminated against because of BET, CBC, Miss Black America. Yes I know there is no Miss White America, or a CWC, or an NAAWP.(regardless of what some would say).
Hey myfly...

So I guess you are saying it is OK for blacks and other minorities to think of themselves as a collective group. It is only wrong when white people do it.

A lot of double standards here. Would a NAAWP be a positive outlet for white society?

The prom thing may be racist but people have a right of association. If this was an all black prom it never would have made the news.

#205118 - 07/05/03 02:18 PM Re: What do y'all think of this?
Trihead Offline

Good points on both sides. There does seem to be a double standard. I guess my view is that....if a minority group associates or has a group to look after their rights or causes it is different or to me looked at differently than if the majority puts together the same type of group. The minority group since their numbers are smaller can not force anything on the majority but that is conversly true with the majority.

#205119 - 07/05/03 02:19 PM Re: What do y'all think of this?
Bucweet X Offline

Loc: Houston TX
Quote:
Originally posted by mbflyerfan:
Yes I know there is no Miss White America, or a CWC, or an NAAWP.(regardless of what some would say).
NAAWP

#205120 - 07/05/03 02:26 PM Re: What do y'all think of this?
Bucweet X Offline

Quote:
Quote:

I can't do it . . .[/b]
I dunno, I think this guy has some moves...

So does she...
laugh

#205121 - 07/05/03 02:32 PM Re: What do y'all think of this?
X-Yotaluva Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:

I can't do it . . .[/b]
I dunno, I think this guy has some moves...

So does she...
laugh [/b]
95% of 6th grader would agree with you.

#205122 - 08/05/03 04:01 AM Re: What do y'all think of this?
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
I got to agree with Bucweet. Justin Timberlake, whether you like him or not, can boogie.

And Britney, well... It's Britney, nuff said. Yum.........

#205123 - 08/05/03 04:24 AM Re: What do y'all think of this?
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Quote:
Quote:
Yes I know there is no Miss White America, or a CWC, or an NAAWP.(regardless of what some would say).
NAAWP
Well smack my ass and call me Sally. laugh

Quote:
The prom thing may be racist but people have a right of association. If this was an all black prom it never would have made the news
I agree there. My point is that I feel someone should start taking a stand against this kind of behavior if we are ever to truly move forward. It may seem idealistic, (probably) but there was a chance here for someone to make a difference. Yes I know it is Georgia, in race relations Georgia is about 30 years behind NJ, or NY, where my guess is that this would never be allowed to happen. Bottom line is I know there is nothing illegal about it. It just bothers me because I know there is only one reason behind it. I just hope that when these teenagers come into the real world they stay in Georgia.

#205124 - 08/05/03 05:10 AM Re: What do y'all think of this?
off2cjb Offline

My experience with this subject comes from my son's high school days. He graduated last year. He and his friends never attended a high school dance. They, and many others, never attended such events due to the events and dances being an all black affair. We live in a neighborhood where the majority is white. The school majority was white.
Only the blacks would attend the dances. Less than 10% people attending where whites or philipinos.
Reason being....The only music played was rap. Gangs would come from Norfolk and Porstsmouth and wait outside looking for trouble. There were many fights and many more arrests each and every time.
He chose not to go because he is a good kid. He chose not to go because he hates rap. It had nothing to do with race. Once again, it all goes down to characteristics and integrity.
Why shouldn't these kids have their own dance with their own culture. They should be allowed to enjoy their prom as well.
I don't think race here is an issue.
The NAACP and CBW are the ones keeping the brother down. They are nothing more than a left-wing strongarm keeping the blacks in line and making them vote democratic. Ask any major successful and educated black man that very question. I am sure he would agree. They want you in the ghetto, they need you in the ghetto.

#205125 - 08/05/03 05:15 AM Re: What do y'all think of this?
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Quote:
The NAACP and CBW are the ones keeping the brother down. They are nothing more than a left-wing strongarm keeping the blacks in line and making them vote democratic. Ask any major successful and educated black man that very question. I am sure he would agree. They want you in the ghetto, they need you in the ghetto.
Now that I can agree with. I see you are from Allen Iverson country. I heard that area can be pretty hardcore. Maybe I am wrong in thinking this is about racism. There are many clubs in Philly I wont go to that are primarily a "black" club. Not because of the music (which I hate), but because of personal safety. I have said that if a black man went into a "white" club up here he may get a look or two. But if a white man went into a "black" club, he may not leave. This may be skewed logic. And I wish I didnt feel this way, but I have seen and heard too many things to change my opinion.

I think because its Georgia, because they are kids, and because its 2003, my view may be skewed as well. When I think of Georgia, I think of the confederate flag, '65 ford pickups with a gun rack, KKK, marryin' your cousin, and BAD sports fans. Oh, and being pulled over by Sherrif Varner for having long hair and Jersey tags. Telling them you work at the Trump Taj Majal for Donald Trump and them saying (I shit you not), "looky here boys, we have a celebri-tee in our midst." (banjo playing softly)

#205126 - 08/05/03 06:48 AM Re: What do y'all think of this?
daventx Offline

Loc: Midtown Houston, Texas
Quote:
Quote:
NAAWP
So on the reverse of this does this make all minoirty organizations racisist as well?
Just because I am white does not mean I need to give excuses for the trailor trash that run these WHite Only organizations.

#205127 - 08/05/03 06:59 AM Re: What do y'all think of this?
MEYEX Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Oringinally posted by: mbflyerfan

There are many clubs in Philly I wont go to that are primarily a "black" club. Not because of the music (which I hate), but because of personal safety. I have said that if a black man went into a "white" club up here he may get a look or two. But if a white man went into a "black" club, he may not leave. This may be skewed logic. And I wish I didnt feel this way, but I have seen and heard too many things to change my opinion.
There are numerous clubs here in Atlanta that I ABSOLUTELY refuse to go to because of the crowd and sometimes the music. Here, certain music draws certain crowds. If a featured guess at a club is known for rowdy music...chances are the it's not gonna be a nice crowd. So I won't go. But as for "white" clubs, it's kinda funny. I think it's all based on location. In Buckhead, everybody parties together. In some cases, I acutally prefer partying with white people as opposed to black people. White people love to drink and have a good time. Where as in some black clubs here, there's a lot people looking for trouble.

Quote:
Originally posted by: mbflyerfan

When I think of Georgia, I think of the confederate flag, '65 ford pickups with a gun rack, KKK, marryin' your cousin, and BAD sports fans. Oh, and being pulled over by Sherrif Varner for having long hair and Jersey tags. Telling them you work at the Trump Taj Majal for Donald Trump and them saying (I shit you not), "looky here boys, we have a celebri-tee in our midst." (banjo playing softly)
That's Georgia. Once I got established in my career I moved further away from the city and further into the country. And it was indeed a culture shock. For white people out there, racism, seperatism, and the confederate flag is a way of life. I moved into a mostly white neighborhood (my wife & I) and you wouldn't believe the looks. It took forever to have a conversation with my neighbors...can't say why other than the fact a black man had the nerve to buy a house in THEIR neighborhood. On top of that a young (24 at the time) and educated black man. *assuming anyway* I could be working in the yard at the same time as my neighbors and not a word. But like I said, that's Georgia, rural Georgia.

#205128 - 08/05/03 07:02 AM Re: What do y'all think of this?
Trihead Offline

MEYEX, I don't know how you do it without loosing your mind. In the words of my Kiwi friends...good on ya

#205129 - 08/05/03 07:25 AM Re: What do y'all think of this?
ATFrontier Offline

Loc: Loganville,Georgia
Mike
You DO NOT live in the country or rural Georgia. Maybe 25-30 years ago but not now. I live farther out than you and it's not consider country or rural. I'm 47 miles one way from Atlanta city limits and it's still considered the Atlanta metro Area. To be considered rural you need at least 75 or more miles outside Atlanta city limits. cool

#205130 - 08/05/03 08:17 AM Re: What do y'all think of this?
MEYEX Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Thanks Mark for clearing that up for me. I just assumed that since there is so much open land and country around me it was rural Georgia. Not to mention not far from my house, there is a guy that breeds cows on one side of the street (Schell Beefmasters) and a guy that breeds horses on the other side.

#205131 - 08/05/03 08:48 AM Re: What do y'all think of this?
Bucweet X Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:

The NAACP and CBW are the ones keeping the brother down.
Who/what is CBW?

#205132 - 08/05/03 08:57 AM Re: What do y'all think of this?
Bucweet X Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by daventx:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
NAAWP
So on the reverse of this does this make all minoirty organizations racisist as well?
Just because I am white does not mean I need to give excuses for the trailor trash that run these WHite Only organizations.[/b]
I don't think the majority of minority organizations operate with the premise the their race is fundamentally superior to another race.

#205133 - 08/05/03 09:47 AM Re: What do y'all think of this?
ATFrontier Offline

Loc: Loganville,Georgia
Mike, not jumping at you. Open land doesn't constitute country. We had cows behind our house. It's till considered metro area

#205134 - 08/05/03 10:00 AM Re: What do y'all think of this?
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
If the students paid for it, then they ultimately should decide who can and cannot attend right? If I have a party, I am not just going to let anybody in off the street.. Now this "dance" whether it is a racist issue or not, should not be in any way shape or form sponsored or named by or for the school though.... If a group of racists want to have a party that's their right, right???? Whether we think it is wrong or not.. It's a major double standard, and if anybody here thinks that all black or any other minority groups are not being racially biased in their exclusion/inclusion policies, well you got your head up your ass.

Don't even tell me that the Miss Black America pageant isn't racially biased....

#205135 - 08/05/03 11:10 AM Re: What do y'all think of this?
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:

The NAACP and CBW are the ones keeping the brother down.
Who/what is CBW?
Sorry, the CBC.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal