shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#205199 - 07/07/03 05:26 AM Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
They got lucky this time. I will say it again, what the hell is wrong with this society we are living in?

#205200 - 07/07/03 05:37 AM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Well at the least they caught them before anything did end up happening...

#205201 - 07/07/03 06:07 AM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
lemsip Offline

Loc: Lakewood, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by mbflyerfan:
They got lucky this time. I will say it again, what the hell is wrong with this society we are living in?
Its the liberal media, I tell you wink

#205202 - 07/07/03 06:08 AM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
Metalikat3003 Offline

Loc: Mobile, AL
Quote:
I will say it again, what the hell is wrong with this society we are living in?
RELIGION

#205203 - 07/07/03 07:21 AM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Of course, Columbine was caused by Goth music. Now watch how many people blame the Matrix. :rolleyes:
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#205204 - 07/07/03 07:55 AM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
I hope that when these 3 are convicted, they spend time in the REGULAR prison population. This way they're find out first hand what a "pain in the ass" jail time can be.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#205205 - 07/07/03 08:49 AM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
I hope that when these 3 are convicted, they spend time in the [b]REGULAR prison population. This way they're find out first hand what a "pain in the ass" jail time can be.[/b]
How do you know!~?

#205206 - 07/07/03 09:26 AM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
From memory, that makes two "near misses" since Columbine. There was one in Santa Clara, CA a few years back where a kid was ready to go to De Anza College and just shoot random people. Where he screwed up was, when he took his film to the local drug store to develop the pics of his stash of guns and him posing proudly next to them. The girl at the counter saw the pics, got scared and called the police.

I am just glad that these people were stupid enough to "brag" about their intentions and get caught BEFORE anything really went down.

#205207 - 07/07/03 09:30 AM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Metalikat3003:
Quote:
[b]I will say it again, what the hell is wrong with this society we are living in?
RELIGION[/b]
Now now, we've been thru this before. Just because the nutjob religion fanatics get all the news coverage, doesn't mean that every religious person out there is dangerous.

The majority of Catholics, Christians, Buddists, Muslims, etc -all practice kindness, forgiveness, generosity, mercy, grace, and love.

There are probably just as many crazies who are athests as their are who are Christian.

#205208 - 07/07/03 09:34 AM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
Quote:
Originally posted by Metalikat3003:
Quote:
[b]I will say it again, what the hell is wrong with this society we are living in?
RELIGION[/b]
There is no indication that these guys had any interest in religion. As a matter of fact, it sounds like they would fit in just fine with many of the haters of religion on this board.

The same goes for the student who shot up a bunch of other students who were holding morning prayers/bible study a few years back. I think he was an intolerant athiest. Hmmm... that sounds familiar.

#205209 - 07/07/03 10:57 AM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
MBFlyerfan Offline

This is NOT going to become another religion thread. Metalika was joking I am sure. Religion has nothing to do with this. The kids family is standing up and thanking the police for handling it so quickly and basically for not injuring thier "very troubled" young man. We will see what happens. Since this is about 5 miles from my house I will keep all updated. Now, NO MORE RELIGION TALK!!!! [Save the fine unicorns] [Finger] laugh

They are going to ban computer games OH NO! LOL

"Police, in the meantime, are looking into what possible role computer games may have played in the aborted spree."

#205210 - 07/07/03 11:24 AM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
I don't understand the whole computer game tie in.... I've been playing them since I was able to hold a game controller. I think there was more violence between my brother and I over losing at pong than any other game..........

#205211 - 07/07/03 11:26 AM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
I read that the 18 year old is being accused of pointing his gun at the arresting officer. Sorry but he would be dead. I want to go home at night.

#205212 - 07/07/03 11:31 AM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
GrayHam Offline

Huh.

First, there were these nimrods .

Now, the Matrix idiots.

Is it something in the water in Philladelphia?

#205213 - 07/07/03 11:32 AM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
MBFlyerfan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
I don't understand the whole computer game tie in.... I've been playing them since I was able to hold a game controller. I think there was more violence between my brother and I over losing at pong than any other game..........
His uncle stated that all he ever did was stay in his room on the computer. He didnt mention whether he was surfing or playing games. It was said that his younger brother has a cleft palate and has been the victim of bad teasing. Fellow students said they were not suprised at what happened. They said he had a "To Kill" list since the 4th grade. Stranger and stranger.

You are damn right there is something in the water! The people from the Philadelphia area are nuts. laugh

#205214 - 07/07/03 12:30 PM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
number41 Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Andre the Giant:
[QBThere is no indication that these guys had any interest in religion. As a matter of fact, it sounds like they would fit in just fine with many of the haters of religion on this board.

The same goes for the student who shot up a bunch of other students who were holding morning prayers/bible study a few years back. I think he was an intolerant athiest. Hmmm... that sounds familiar.[/QB]

You offend me by even insinuating that my beliefs (or lack thereof) put me in the same category with some dickless psychopathic killer.

I may think religion has a lot to do with how fucked up this world has become but I'm not about to kill random people to prove it.

Small hands in third world countries make quality products.

#205215 - 07/07/03 12:52 PM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
Robert C. Offline

Loc: Alabama
Anyway....

What's the deal with the idiot's attorney saying "needless to say, my client is very upset" about having to go to court and be arrested? HE'S FREAKING 15 YEARS OLD!!! If I was a police officer and I saw a 15 year old possessing a hand gun (or ANY type of weapon such as that, for that matter) I'd probably just shoot him right off.

#205216 - 07/07/03 12:56 PM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
GrayHam Offline

Screw religion, let's argue gun control:

According to one article, every gun in their possession came from the eldest boy's father's collection. Every rifle, every handgun, and all the ammunition came from one man's closet.

[Freak]

Now, for just a second, think about that:
2000 rounds of ammo. How many children could have been slaughtered because one man owned more guns than he needed, and he didn't know how to keep control of them?

laugh laugh
Flame on!

#205217 - 07/07/03 01:09 PM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
Samueul Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Screw religion, let's argue gun control:

According to one article, every gun in their possession came from the eldest boy's father's collection. Every rifle, every handgun, and all the ammunition came from one man's closet.

[Freak]

2000 rounds of ammo. How many children could have been slaughtered because one man owned more guns than he needed, and he didn't know how to keep control of them?

laugh laugh
Flame on!

Actually, I agree. I can see one or two guns that are more accessible as they may be for home protection/self defense, but where did this ass have them??? If I owned that much, I'd have a big ass fire proof gun safe and nobody but me and the wife would know the combination.....

#205218 - 07/07/03 01:18 PM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
number41 Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Yeah, good point.

My concealed carry weapons instructor was telling us that the serial numbes of gun collection can fill two legal pads! He was an ex-cop and has a bank vault for his "gun room" but still, why the fuck would anyone need that many of anything, let alone deadly weapons?

From this story and the CNN story, the father of the 18 year old should take a lot of the blame for this. Not only was he not storing his guns properly, he was qouted as saying he didn't have time to teach his son about guns and gun safety. Something tells me that he didn't have time to teach his kid right from wrong either.

Small hands in third world countries make quality products.

#205219 - 07/07/03 01:25 PM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Actually, I agree.
Quote:
Originally posted by number41:
Yeah, good point.
Awwwww, come on . . .

Here I am, trying to get a little tension started, and you knuckleheads are agreeing with me?
mad

For shame, Aaron, for shame . . . laugh laugh

#205220 - 07/07/03 01:28 PM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
MyTonka Offline

Loc: Scottsdale
Actually.. I'm startin to wonder about Philly..
both of these stories came from there.. [Huh?]

Yo..wasup..

#205221 - 07/07/03 01:39 PM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
Samueul Offline

Quote:

smile You almost drew me out. Maybe if you would have worded your post a little differently smile

#205222 - 07/07/03 01:42 PM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Quote:

smile You almost drew me out. Maybe if you would have worded your post a little differently smile
laugh

I'll keep that in mind.

#205223 - 07/07/03 03:45 PM Re: Another school massacre narrowly Avoided.
Metalikat3003 Offline

Loc: Mobile, AL
Quote:
This is NOT going to become another religion thread. Metalika was joking I am sure. Religion has nothing to do with this. The kids family is standing up and thanking the police for handling it so quickly and basically for not injuring thier "very troubled" young man. We will see what happens. Since this is about 5 miles from my house I will keep all updated. Now, NO MORE RELIGION TALK!!!! [Save the fine unicorns] [Finger] laugh

They are going to ban computer games OH NO! LOL

"Police, in the meantime, are looking into what possible role computer games may have played in the aborted spree."
Yes, I was joking and thank you for realizing that. Nice to see that people still have a sense of humor on this board.

Ok, well im off to play Unreal Tournament 4.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal