shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#205323 - 12/02/04 03:15 PM Re: Dumb Mexicans
Anonymous
Unregistered

...because it all starts with footwork. wink

#205324 - 12/02/04 03:25 PM Re: Dumb Mexicans
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
Oh come on, that was a LITTLE bit funny...
[Huh?]

Man, why did this get moved here? frown Did the KKK picture have something to do with it? Oh well.

#205325 - 12/02/04 03:37 PM Re: Dumb Mexicans
oleblue Offline

Loc: Winter Park, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by ELFTERRA:
...because it all starts with footwork. wink
So that's why it called football. I know it was with a smile, but then why is basketball not called jumpball?

#205326 - 12/02/04 03:44 PM Re: Dumb Mexicans
Anonymous
Unregistered

You don't have to jump to play basketball. You might get your ass kicked, but you can still play that way... [Freak]

#205327 - 12/02/04 03:52 PM Re: Dumb Mexicans
Uzbad Offline

Loc: Durango, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by MaloCS:
The only reason countries like Mexico can beat the U.S. on the "SOCCER" field is because as a sport, soccer is not the premier sport in our country. If soccer held the same admiration as football, baseball and basketball the U.S. would spank any team that dared get on the same field. Our country's level of athleticism is unparalled in modern day world athletics.

It's just like when the U.S. started losing basketball games to Eastern European countries. After living through those embarassing losses we decided to show the world that we are truly the BEST in professional basketball. We sanctioned the "Dream Team" and the world basketball honors have belonged to the U.S. since.

People will say that foreign soccer and hockey teams out perform their U.S. counterparts but I argue that U.S. soccer and hockey do not field our country's best athletes. Those athletes belong to the sports of football, baseball and basketball. This isn't saying that professional soccer and hockey teams don't have extremely talented players on their rosters. I'm just saying that our country's best don't play in those sports.

It always dumbfounds me when people from other countries whoop and holler when their professional men beat our amateur kids. This is akin to the New England Patriots beating up on a Division II college team. They should be ashamed of themselves if they didn't whoop some serious ass.

Yes, Mexico throughly whooped the Americans ass but what else would you expect from a country whose national sport is soccer. How would we look at the New England Patriots if they played the Division II Colorado School of Mines and didn't whoop their ass? That's why the U.S. was so surprised that our amateur kids outplayed and beat the Soviet professionals in the 1980 Olympics.
Ahemm... USA boycotted 1980 olympics, so they DIDNT win anything from "soviet professionals".. smile
They did however played nicely in World Championship prior to that.

I admire your patriotic feelings about it, but there are very few sports that States prooved themselves in SLC Olympic games either. And major of those sports is how to sue other's ass to get golden medals.

#205328 - 12/02/04 03:53 PM Re: Dumb Mexicans
Uzbad Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by oleblue:
Quote:
[b]...because it all starts with footwork. wink
So that's why it called football. I know it was with a smile, but then why is basketball not called jumpball?[/b]
B/c you putting ball into basket? (and no you can not call football "gatesball" - Bill Gates will hunt you down smile )

#205329 - 12/02/04 03:56 PM Re: Dumb Mexicans
Uzbad Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Why isn't it called [b]handball then ?[/b]
Ian, there is actually game that called handball smile
I might be mistaken, but thats the one they playing in pools.. VERY brutal game (as you can use legs to kick others under water, and yes - they do it and much more). So its taken too.

#205330 - 12/02/04 04:28 PM Re: Dumb Mexicans
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by MaloCS:
It's just like when the U.S. started losing basketball games to Eastern European countries. After living through those embarassing losses we decided to show the world that we are truly the BEST in professional basketball. We sanctioned the "Dream Team" and the world basketball honors have belonged to the U.S. since.
The US Basketball Team lost pretty badly in the last world tourny.

#205331 - 12/02/04 04:36 PM Re: Dumb Mexicans
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
The US Basketball Team lost pretty badly in the last world tourny
Wasn't our best players either, but who's fault is that? :rolleyes:

#205332 - 12/02/04 05:00 PM Re: Dumb Mexicans
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
Quote:
The US Basketball Team lost pretty badly in the last world tourny
Wasn't our best players either, but who's fault is that? :rolleyes:
Dunno. Who's fault is it. It pissed me off, I know that much. The Dream Team is no more.

It really doesn't matter though. Our Army can still kick your Army's ass. [Finger]

#205333 - 12/02/04 05:01 PM Re: Dumb Mexicans
2001frontier Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted By Kaiser:
Is there a difference? It's like those Japanese, Koreans, Vietnamese etc. trying to act like they're not all Chinese... get me my freakin' eggroll and STFU because I am a racist!
Wow! eek

You look good in white! [Finger]
He plays the banjo, what do you expect? [Finger]

#205334 - 12/02/04 07:08 PM Re: Dumb Mexicans
lemsip Offline

Loc: Lakewood, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
Are you a limey, Lemmy? laugh
Yeah, but I can't stand English football supporters, bunch of neo nazis.

#205335 - 12/02/04 07:51 PM Re: Dumb Mexicans
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
I just think it's kinda odd how the USA isnt goin to be represented in Athens at the Summer Games in neither soccer nor baseball.

#205336 - 12/02/04 08:23 PM Re: Dumb Mexicans
MaloCS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uzbad:
Ahemm... USA boycotted 1980 olympics, so they DIDNT win anything from "soviet professionals".. smile
They did however played nicely in World Championship prior to that.

I admire your patriotic feelings about it, but there are very few sports that States prooved themselves in SLC Olympic games either. And major of those sports is how to sue other's ass to get golden medals.
Ahem... The 1980 Winter Olympics - the year our AMATEUR KIDS beat your PROFESSIONAL MEN in hockey - was held in Lake Placid, NY. There was talk of a Soviet boycott in return for the U.S. boycott of the summer games but it didn't happen.

I understand YOUR patriotism but the fact remains that the U.S. is by far the pinacle of professional athletics in the world. No other country, including Russia, can compete.

Other countries in the world rule sports like soccer and hockey because those are two sports that the U.S. doesn't take that seriously. Therefore, our best and most talented athletes do not participate in them. If they did, there would be no question as to who would run the table in those contests.

That's not an opinion. That's a fact.

#205337 - 12/02/04 08:43 PM Re: Dumb Mexicans
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
You know whats fun? read the first page of any thread in the ALR then read the last 2, just to see how the topic shifts.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#205338 - 12/02/04 08:49 PM Re: Dumb Mexicans
BoneCrusher Offline

Loc: In a Bar near YOU!
you guys whine an awful lot for adults.

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency

99% of democrats give the rest a bad name

Liberals are constantly Inflaming the culture war. They seem to forget which side has all the guns.

#205339 - 13/02/04 03:05 AM Re: Dumb Mexicans
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
USA boycotted the Summer Olympics of 1980, not the Winter ones. Hence the "Miracle On Ice".

And it's actually spelled "futbol" in Spanish speaking countries. A game that has been around longer than American football by a long shot(yes, even I, football junkie that I am, concede that).

The bottom line is, lack of interest kills our ability to play "futbol". Because people don't watch, MLS struggles every year. The women's league fully collapsed late last year, yet the WNBA has managed to survive for several seasons now and is overall fairly healthy.

If people were interested, MLS could afford to give multimillion dollar contracts to the players like the Euro leagues do, and more people would take up the sport.

Anybody who thinks any country could be the US in football is out of their fucking mind. And if you really think Americans are the best at baseball(or hockey), you are out of your fucking mind too.

Please, if you're going to talk sports, know what you're talking about, eh? Why do you think I talk so little in the politic topics? laugh

And Kaiser, eat my ass. I'm half japanese, and I'm nothing like some chinese person. They are similar to an extent, but it's about as stupid as saying Brits and Americans are the same. [Finger]

#205340 - 13/02/04 06:11 AM Re: Dumb Mexicans
NismoXse02 Offline

I know you weren't talking to me, but I saw a few comments I wanted to add.
Quote:
Originally posted by TatsuoX:
The bottom line is, lack of interest kills our ability to play "futbol". Because people don't watch, MLS struggles every year. The women's league fully collapsed late last year, yet the WNBA has managed to survive for several seasons now and is overall fairly healthy.
Not to mention it's hockey without the ice and fighting. Some hockey fans just don't understand that.
Quote:
If people were interested, MLS could afford to give multimillion dollar contracts to the players like the Euro leagues do, and more people would take up the sport.
I don't think that would do it becuase we already will do that. Didn't a 14 yr. old get a huge contract like that?
Quote:
And if you really think Americans are the best at baseball(or hockey), you are out of your fucking mind too.
Not hockey, but definitely baseball. Now, if you take away the steroids... [LOL] [/QB][/QUOTE]

#205341 - 13/02/04 06:18 AM Re: Dumb Mexicans
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
I wish you guys would stop including Hockey as one of the sports the US is not good at.

1960 Gold
1980 Gold
1996 World Cup Champs (All pros in that tourney) Silver Medal in the last Winter Olypics.

Especially recently, The US is no slouch at hockey.

And if you still dont think we are the best at baseball, you are fooling yourself. That team that lost was made up of college kids and minor leaguers. They pummeled teams consistantly and then lost the game that mattered 2-1 or something like that.

You put the best american pro's together and that team wins 9 of 10 every time.

#205342 - 13/02/04 08:02 AM Re: Dumb Mexicans
ashleynatlanta Offline

Loc: Birmingham, AL
Talk about a sport that is glorious to watch, and is as extreme as almost any event other than marathon is pro cycling. In Europe, pro cycling is as popular as anything here is, and yet the US gives it no coverage at all except the bit OLN does.

Since I got turned on to pro cycling about 5-6 years ago, I have been in love with the sport. It really requires a level of skill and strength that is only rivaled by the best athletes in the world.

#205343 - 13/02/04 08:20 AM Re: Dumb Mexicans
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ashleynatlanta:
Since I got turned on to pro cycling about 5-6 years ago, I have been in love with the sport. It really requires a level of skill and strength that is only rivaled by the best athletes in the world.
Maybe that's the problem to all this America vs. the world talk. What is considered a "sport"? Pro-cycling, NASCAR, golf, figure skating, curling, etc. all claim to be sports, but many will argue against that and for good reason. I guess that's a whole other topic altogether.

#205344 - 13/02/04 09:02 AM Re: Dumb Mexicans
MaloCS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TatsuoX:
And if you really think Americans are the best at baseball(or hockey), you are out of your fucking mind too.
I disagree with you concerning baseball. Any athlete from another country that is worth a damn in the sport of baseball is here in the U.S. playing MLB.

People see the FEW Japanese or Korean superstars make the transition to MLB and they assume the entire country is made up of 105mph fastball pithers. The fact is that any foreign athlete that has the skills to play professional sports in the U.S. is already here. As a whole, those countries professional teams wouldn't be able to stand up to our professional teams.

Granted, Latin American teams turn out some of MLBs best and most talented. Again, as a whole, their teams wouldn't be able to compete with ours. The only team based sports that I have seen our professionals struggle against the world's are Hockey and Soccer. Read my ealier posts explaining why.

#205345 - 13/02/04 10:17 AM Re: Dumb Mexicans
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
While some of you make valid points, you also have to realize the system here. The US puts billions into developing baseball players here. There is so much money at stake it's absurd. They don't do that in other countries.

I'd be willing to wager if Cuba or the Dominican Republic put in the same amount of money that America does into developing their baseball players, the US wouldn't be alone on top of the pedestal.

Not to mention in those countries most players don't have the luxury of playing for a living, cause they make jack shit. They have to bust their ass doing something else to put food on the table for their family, not playing a game. Hence why their top talent tries to come here. Several of the best players in the game today are not American.

Am I saying that America is not ONE of the best in hockey or baseball? Absolutely not. They are ONE of the best. But not the best. It's not undisputed, like in football.

And speaking of the whole "world champion debate", why are the NHL and NBA called "National" leagues when they have franchises outside the country in Canada? confused

#205346 - 13/02/04 11:35 AM Re: Dumb Mexicans
Bucweet X Offline

Loc: Houston TX
What happens to all those kids riding around in the soccer mom driven SUV's?

Soccer seems to have emerged as a strong pastime for the youth of this country, yet the appeal seems to wane after the middle/junior high years.

I've always been curious, since the popularity is there early on, why doesn't that popularity continue on to the high school, college, and pro ranks for U.S. kids?

#205347 - 13/02/04 11:53 AM Re: Dumb Mexicans
bennet Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bucweet X:
What happens to all those kids riding around in the soccer mom driven SUV's?

Soccer seems to have emerged as a strong pastime for the youth of this country, yet the appeal seems to wane after the middle/junior high years.

I've always been curious, since the popularity is there early on, why doesn't that popularity continue on to the high school, college, and pro ranks for U.S. kids?
Because it (youth soccer) has just emerged relatively recently (last 15 years, really taken off in last 7 years). The high schools are kind of locked into the traditional sports program such as (American) football and baseball, and they are slow to develop their soccer programs. But those soccer programs are growing.

At the schools, there is a lot of infrastructure tied up into the traditional sports programs of football and baseball (fields, equipment, personnel, schedules, tournaments, playoffs, mom and dad's and other donors' money (who probably never played soccer), etc.). So new sports programs have to "work around" the other established programs. Result is that the new programs are slow to grow. But they are definitely growing. Soccer will be a strong high school sport in the future, I believe.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal