shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#205353 - 20/11/03 08:47 AM Let's argue politics and everything else...
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:

You mean illegally obtained prescription drugs, right? Damn straight Rush should go to jail if he's convicted. He too should practice what he has preached.
How about if Rush said he needed the pills so his secretary could give him BJ's.... then asked everyone to define "is". Would you be willing to give him a pass so quickly?

Besides... Rush isn't going to jail. The DA in Florida said he had no evidence to convict so it's done. The money laundering story was bullshit muckraking. Rush is in the clear. He got the drugs with prescriptions and last time I checked, that's legal.

You really don't want to start a list of all the Democrats who do drugs do you? What about all the drug addicts Clinton had in the White House? We could go on all day.

And I want to rant about China in the other thread.. [LOL]
Here you go, knock yourselves out.

#205354 - 20/11/03 09:10 AM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
You can delete this. I was talking about the thread in the Clubhouse.

Hey AZ.... If I wanted a new thread I'm perfectly capable of creating one myself. If you wanted to make some kind of point you could have just said it in the other thread.

Unless you want to talk politics.... [Uh Oh !]

#205355 - 20/11/03 09:41 AM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Quote:
Hey AZ.... If I wanted a new thread I'm perfectly capable of creating one myself.
Are you? Then why do you (and others) continually take over threads with politics?

Quote:
Unless you want to talk politics.... [Uh Oh !]
That's not my thing but thanks for the offer.

I moved your last post here not to argue. The reason was so that you and others could continue this dicussion without interrupting another thread, a little late seeing that it is 15 pages, but a valiant effort just the same.

#205356 - 20/11/03 10:01 AM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
I think most of the threads just kind of evolve when someone brings in a new point about something. Kind of like when a river starts to cut a new path by means of erosion. Now erosion is an interesting topic. The Grand Canyon was created by erosion from the mighty Colorado River. Or is it the snake river? Or are they the same river at different parts I dont know. I would like to visit the Grand Canyon some day. I hear its a real beautiful place.

Like that..... laugh

#205357 - 20/11/03 10:09 AM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, and nobody erodes an interesting conversation like Madman. [Laughing]

#205358 - 20/11/03 10:11 AM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
Anonymous
Unregistered

How about this one? Greatest debate of all time!
laugh

#205359 - 20/11/03 10:12 AM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
NY Madman Offline

Yeah I agree. Sometimes a thread somehow gravitates to another topic. Sometimes politics, sometimes something else. Once in a while it is on purpose sometimes it is not and just naturally shifts in another direction. Many of us here are guilty of it. It is not always intentional or malicious. It also mostly happens down in the ALR and Clubhouse. Rarely in the other threads.

AZ .... In what you quoted .... I specifically said I was taking the debate to the China thread.

I understand your meaning though....

#205360 - 20/11/03 10:39 AM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
MBFlyerfan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ELFTERRA:
laugh
No, I believe this was the greatest debate of all time!

#205361 - 20/11/03 11:32 AM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:

Yeah I agree. Sometimes a thread somehow gravitates to another topic. Sometimes politics, sometimes something else. Once in a while it is on purpose sometimes it is not and just naturally shifts in another direction. Many of us here are guilty of it. It is not always intentional or malicious. It also mostly happens down in the ALR and Clubhouse. Rarely in the other threads.

AZ .... In what you quoted .... I specifically said I was taking the debate to the China thread.

I understand your meaning though....
Are you done kissing ass yet?

Most the threads that get hijacked around here is from you right-wing freaks.

Case in point:

The thread from the "Log Master" Carlton himself. I start with saying things like "what if this happened", and the next thing you know I'm called a "Liberal" that can never take responsibility for my own actions.

:rolleyes:

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#205362 - 20/11/03 11:56 AM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Case in point:

The thread from the "Log Master" Carlton himself. I start with saying things like "what if this happened", and the next thing you know I'm called a "Liberal" that can never take responsibility for my own actions.
Us right wing freaks? I never realized you left wing freaks were such angels.

You hijack plenty of threads. I didn't even come into the log in the road thread until the end. By that time it had bounced through several topics.

I can just picture what you were like when you were a kid. When something happened you were always the first one to point a finger..."he did it".... Right?

#205363 - 20/11/03 12:07 PM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
[Argue]

#205364 - 20/11/03 12:07 PM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
MBFlyerfan Offline

Quote:

Case in point:

:rolleyes: [/QB]
Seanski, maybe you should go back and reread page 4 of the tailgater thread. You were the first one to bring up the liberal/conservative thing in response to my 'responsibilty' statement. At no time did I mention the "l" word up to that point. My statement was well within the topic at hand and you took it to the political ideology level. Funny how I mentioned taking responsibility (or lack therof)and you automatically equated it with being a liberal.

Talk about pot/kettle :rolleyes:

#205365 - 20/11/03 12:12 PM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
Sean Offline

Quote:

Us right wing freaks? I never realized you left wing freaks were such angels.

You hijack plenty of threads. I didn't even come into the log in the road thread until the end. By that time it had bounced through several topics.
When I said "You right-wing freaks", I didn't say YOU personally hijacked it.

Quote:
I can just picture what you were like when you were a kid. When something happened you were always the first one to point a finger..."he did it".... Right?
Ah come on now Madman, you can do better than that. Why don't you call me a "Flaming Hetrosexual" or something?

[LOL]

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#205366 - 20/11/03 12:22 PM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
Sean Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MBFlyerfan:

Seanski, maybe you should go back and reread page 4 of the tailgater thread. You were the first one to bring up the liberal/conservative thing in response to my 'responsibilty' statement. At no time did I mention the "l" word up to that point. My statement was well within the topic at hand and you took it to the political ideology level. Funny how I mentioned taking responsibility (or lack therof)and you automatically equated it with being a liberal.

Talk about pot/kettle :rolleyes:
"Sean, is anyone ever responsible for thier own actions in your world? "

As if it wasn't implied, yeah right.

:rolleyes:

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#205367 - 20/11/03 12:22 PM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Ah come on now Madman, you can do better than that. Why don't you call me a "Flaming Hetrosexual" or something?
Maybe it was lame. I don't know. For some reason I picture you as that type of kid.

When you got into mischief as a kid, did you ever take the fall so your friends could run away?

The term coined by Howard Dean is "metrosexual". I think he coined it. He used it to describe himself. How pathetic is that for a guy running to be a commander-in-chief during a time of war? It refers to yuppie type guys who are in touch with thier feminine side.

Any guy who has a feminine side must be [Rainbow]

#205368 - 20/11/03 12:30 PM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Sleep] [Sleep] [Sleep]

Wake me up when this is over, or when you start trashing each other's moms.

#205369 - 20/11/03 12:32 PM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
Sean Offline

Quote:

Maybe it was lame. I don't know. For some reason I picture you as that type of kid.

When you got into mischief as a kid, did you ever take the fall so your friends could run away?
No, I wasn't afraid to take the fall when I fucked up, and yes it's means you fucked up if you got caught.

wink

Quote:
The term coined by Howard Dean is "metrosexual". I think he coined it. He used it to describe himself. How pathetic is that for a guy running to be a commander-in-chief during a time of war? It refers to yuppie type guys who are in touch with thier feminine side.

Any guy who has a feminine side must be [Rainbow]
You keep forgetting that I'm not a fan of EITHER party, I'm a Independent. I rag on the Republicans because they are the ones who are most vocal on certain issues. Believe it or not, I'd vote for Bush before I'd vote for Dean, and I actually like and voted for our Governor Mitt Romeny.

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#205370 - 20/11/03 12:42 PM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
Sean Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:

[Sleep] [Sleep] [Sleep]

Wake me up when this is over, or when you start trashing each other's moms.
I won't mention any names, but two members here I debate with often have brought my family members into the fray on more than one occasion.

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#205371 - 20/11/03 12:44 PM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

You keep forgetting that I'm not a fan of EITHER party, I'm a Independent. I rag on the Republicans because they are the ones who are most vocal on certain issues. Believe it or not, I'd vote for Bush before I'd vote for Dean, and I actually like and voted for our Governor Mitt Romeny.
Yeah right!!! I've never heard you criticize the Democrats. You sound exactly like Terry McAuliffe or James Carville in a lot of your political tirades and criticisms. Straight out of the DNC playbook. A touch of Molly Ivins in your Bush bashing too.

Let me tell you something about Bush. With all this expansion of the federal government, no slashing of wasted programs, no one fired after 9/11, all the friggin money this guy is spending and the increase of new socialized entitlement systems (the prescription drug behemoth), he may lose my vote too. I won't vote for president. I just may leave that lever in the booth blank.

#205372 - 20/11/03 12:46 PM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
Anonymous
Unregistered

If I think it'll get a laugh, I'll go after someone's mom. I think that stuff is hilarious.

Problem is, some folks don't know when I'm just messing around, so I have to be careful doling out my witticisms

#205373 - 20/11/03 12:48 PM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I won't vote for president. I just may leave that lever in the booth blank.
If you do that, then you lose all right to complain about how they're running things.

#205374 - 20/11/03 12:49 PM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
Quote:
Originally posted by ELFTERRA:
laugh
Here\'s some info on that one

#205375 - 20/11/03 12:54 PM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Aero-Sweet Sig. Hopefully they won't choke this year in the playoffs! smile

#205376 - 20/11/03 12:57 PM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
Quote:
[b]I won't vote for president. I just may leave that lever in the booth blank.
If you do that, then you lose all right to complain about how they're running things.[/b]
I like Carlon's stance on this one. If I don't vote, I have every right to bitch about the guy the rest of you ass holes voted into office.

#205377 - 20/11/03 12:58 PM Re: Let's argue politics and everything else...
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

If I think it'll get a laugh, I'll go after someone's mom. I think that stuff is hilarious.

Problem is, some folks don't know when I'm just messing around, so I have to be careful doling out my witticisms
You don't know the rules? There are unspoken rules of conduct amongst civilized men. If you don't know them, then you are not a real man:

- You never insult a man's mother
- You never insult a man's wife or girlfriend
- You never emabarrass a man in front of aforementioned women
- You never embarrass a man in front of his children
- You never tell a man you want to bang his sister

Of course when dealing with lowlifes... all bets are off... [Spit]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal