shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#205447 - 09/12/04 11:50 AM Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
XmtbX00 Offline

Loc: Denver
Sorry this has nothing to do with extortion as you put it. I am simply telling my story, I haven't trashed Calmini in any way so I'm not sure what the issue is. I was under the impression that XOC was a place for information on all things Xterra. If an XOC member has an issue with a companies customer service this is the place to post it, as has been done many times in the past with without incidence.

Obviously Calmini is the exception, evidenced by your threat to cancel my XOC login.

In the past an XOC member complained about SLR's lack of posting a refund and Ian actually pressured SLR to refund the money.

I'm confident that if it was any company other than Calmini this would be a non issue.... as it should be.

#205448 - 09/12/04 11:54 AM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
Anonymous
Unregistered

forum's bought.

#205449 - 09/12/04 11:59 AM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
Anonymous
Unregistered

As I said, I was glad for the information on a company that I might purchase from in the future. As it says on the home page of this site, XOC is a place for Xterra owners 'talk about it, learn about it and share your experiences with it.' I think this falls in that category.

I guess you should post a general recap of the situation and leave out the cut 'n' paste of the letter. If that gets deleted then you really are getting unfairly censored.

I know we have Calmini links on this site, but that should not stop people being able to express their experiences with the company.

#205450 - 09/12/04 12:02 PM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by XmtbX00:
In the past an XOC member complained about SLR's lack of posting a refund and Ian actually pressured SLR to refund the money.
As I recall, that was for a part that was never shipped.

From what I know of your situation, the Idler Arm you returned to CALMINI was not warrantied due to lack of maintenance, and thus you were charged for a replacement, but that's all I know about that issue.

I was also told CALMINI sent you more than a couple complete replacement idler arm assemblies over the last year and a half, is that not true ?

#205451 - 09/12/04 12:19 PM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
XmtbX00 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Quote:
[b]In the past an XOC member complained about SLR's lack of posting a refund and Ian actually pressured SLR to refund the money.
As I recall, that was for a part that was never shipped.

From what I know of your situation, the Idler Arm you returned to CALMINI was not warrantied due to lack of maintenance, and thus you were charged for a replacement, but that's all I know about that issue.

I was also told CALMINI sent you more than a couple complete replacement idler arm assemblies over the last year and a half, is that not true ?[/b]
Calmini sent me one complete arm after you and I inspected it (as I wrote in the letter). This one only lasted a short time (as I wrote in the letter). Next they sent me a bushing that lasted even less time (as I wrote in the letter). After the bushing wore out I called again and they informed me I needed to give them a deposit before they would ship me a replacement arm (as I wrote in the letter).

To recap:
1. purchased steering kit and installed
2. the bushing went bad and I was sent a new idler arm assembly
3. the new assembly went bad again and I was sent ONLY a bushing this time.
4. the new bushing went bad and I paid a deposit to have a new idler arm sent to me until I returned the defective arm at which time I would be credited back.
5. I returned the defective idler arm assembly and have yet to receive my deposit back.

1 idler arm assembly
1 bushing
1 idler arm assembly I paid a deposit for

By my count that would be 1 single idler arm assembly and 1 bushing. Others on this board have been sent much more.

If my post wasn't deleted you could view my videos again and see that the bushing was clearly defective.

So no, what you said is not true.

#205452 - 09/12/04 01:47 PM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
BradLee Offline

Loc: Black Hills
But you don't drive an X anymore do you? Are those videos from before I bought the parts off of you; prior to trading your X?

#205453 - 09/12/04 02:27 PM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
XmtbX00 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BradLee:
But you don't drive an X anymore do you? Are those videos from before I bought the parts off of you; prior to trading your X?
I drive a Tacoma now. The first video was taken in July just before I removed the idler arm. The the second video was taken the next day on the curb in front of Fed Ex just before I shipped the idler arm out.

I sold you the parts at the end of August.

#205454 - 09/12/04 02:32 PM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
XmtbX00 Offline

Interesting... my 2nd post which was also deleted was back up for a moment, now it's gone again.

Carlton's warning to me is gone now too.

Obviously this information is not supposed to get out.

#205455 - 09/12/04 04:07 PM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
I don't care if you have a problem with Calmini and I do not care if you talk about it.

What I DO care about is that if you are talking about legal action against Calmini I do not want XOC involved with it. That is between you and Calmini and as such , legal crap needs to stay off this board. Period. I thought I made that clear.

BTW

Your posts were not deleted. They were moved to the Admin section to be discussed.

If what you say were true about negative press about Calmini being censored then there would not be the myriad of posts about the IA bushings and other crap.

As for canceling your log in.. you were not responding to my PMs (I guess since you no longer own an Xterra you were not checking them)

#205456 - 09/12/04 04:14 PM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
Anonymous
Unregistered

As a mod for this forum, it's my responsibility to clear out all of the cross posts, redundant info, and stuff in the wrong place..You've made no less than FOUR posts concerning this matter and have been advised of the clubs position on this matter. I merely removed the first three identical posts, and left this one as it's the most current.
Thank you and Happy Holidays smile

EDIT-
Quote:

Eeasy Mulder :rolleyes: , there's no conspiracy here to cover up the truth [Uh Oh !] There're plenty of threads concerning all of the manufacturers product quality and service.

#205457 - 09/12/04 04:14 PM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
I thought Ian brought it back here?

#205458 - 09/12/04 04:29 PM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ian brought back the mini skirt and go-go boots confused What're you talking about :p

#205459 - 09/12/04 04:46 PM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
BoneCrusher Offline

Loc: In a Bar near YOU!
Personally i know my opinion matters in this about as much as jock itch on a horse fly. But still

XMBTX

Your whole situation confuses me first off. If you no longer own an Xterra why do you need money back for the product.

Carlton is absolutely right. ONce you start mentioning legal action lawyers start getting itchy trigger fingers. XOC DOES NOT NEED TO GET INVOLVED. Neither does Ian or anyone else on this board.

Your complaint is valid noone here is saying any different. Its the level your taking this whole thing too thats being taken into account.

My 2 euros

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency

99% of democrats give the rest a bad name

Liberals are constantly Inflaming the culture war. They seem to forget which side has all the guns.

#205460 - 09/12/04 05:23 PM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
Anonymous
Unregistered

How much would it really hurt the XOC website to be involved in a $300 small claims lawsuit?

Bonecrusher: Just because he doesnt own an Xterra anymore doesn't mean he doesn't have a right to his deposit, what your saying doesn't make any sense.

I think the fact that XmtbX00 is taking the time to advise current xTerra owners of his problems with this company is actually commendable. What did you think he had to gain by posting his message here?

Robert

#205461 - 09/12/04 06:06 PM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Quote:
Originally posted by BoneCrusher:
Your whole situation confuses me first off. If you no longer own an Xterra why do you need money back for the product.
Why does it matter if he still owns the X? He still paid a deposit and it wasnt refunded.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#205462 - 09/12/04 07:21 PM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by robman:
How much would it really hurt the XOC website to be involved in a $300 small claims lawsuit?
Do you think Ian really wants to be involved in someone else's mess?

I know I sure wouldn't. What a waste of time.

#205463 - 09/12/04 07:59 PM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
XmtbX00 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
As a mod for this forum, it's my responsibility to clear out all of the cross posts, redundant info, and stuff in the wrong place..You've made no less than FOUR posts concerning this matter and have been advised of the clubs position on this matter. I merely removed the first three identical posts, and left this one as it's the most current.
Thank you and Happy Holidays smile

EDIT-
Quote:

Eeasy Mulder :rolleyes: , there's no conspiracy here to cover up the truth [Uh Oh !] There're plenty of threads concerning all of the manufacturers product quality and service.
I was not advised that the post would be deleted it was just removed, so I reposted it. If my posts disappear without being notified why shouldn't I re-post?

Mulder? Hmmm, well when posts go missing for no apparent reason I think I have a reason to feel this way?

#205464 - 09/12/04 08:06 PM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
Carlton McMillan Offline

Quote:
I was not advised that the post would be deleted it was just removed, so I reposted it. If my posts disappear without being notified why shouldn't I re-post?

Mulder? Hmmm, well when posts go missing for no apparent reason I think I have a reason to feel this way?
I sent you TWO PM's about your posts and you did not respond to either of them. Also.. when I moved the posts I selected the option to have you notified of the move.

So your bitch about not being told does not hold water.

#205465 - 09/12/04 08:07 PM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
XmtbX00 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BoneCrusher:

Umm maybe because I paid out $300 for a deposit that hasn't been refunded for over 4 months? $300 is $300 regardless if I'm driving an Xterra or a moped now I'm still owed the money.

Quote:
Carlton is absolutely right. ONce you start mentioning legal action lawyers start getting itchy trigger fingers. XOC DOES NOT NEED TO GET INVOLVED. Neither does Ian or anyone else on this board.
I highly doubt any attorney would be excited by a $300 small claims case.

Quote:
Your complaint is valid noone here is saying any different. Its the level your taking this whole thing too thats being taken into account.

My 2 euros
And what level is that? I thought Xterra owners would appreciate hearing my story.... just as some have already told me they appreciate it.

#205466 - 09/12/04 08:11 PM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
Carlton McMillan Offline

Quote:
I highly doubt any attorney would be excited by a $300 small claims case.

Making it that NO posts involving legal matters are posted on the board makes it easy not to discriminate about what is o.k. to discuss and what is not o.k.

Hell lawyers sue for all kinds of crazy shit and I am not looking to involve XOC in any of them.

#205467 - 09/12/04 08:12 PM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
XmtbX00 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Carlton McMillan:
[QUOTE]

So your bitch about not being told does not hold water.
I didn't check my PM's until I saw your post directed at me. At that point my second post had already disappeared and I posted the "thanks carlton post"

#205468 - 09/12/04 08:26 PM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
Carlton McMillan Offline

OK..

Bullshit again.

At the start of this thread you refer to some of the things I posted in the PM's. It was stated that you were posting a direct letter threatening legal action to which I did not want XOC to be party to.

So you knew why the threads were moved yet you still called foul for "not being told" WTF.

Like I stated above.. I do not care if you have complaints about Calmini or any other vendor. BUT KEEP THE LEGAL CRAP OFF THIS BOARD please.

#205469 - 09/12/04 08:53 PM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
XmtbX00 Offline

Quote:
OK..

Bullshit again.

At the start of this thread you refer to some of the things I posted in the PM's. It was stated that you were posting a direct letter threatening legal action to which I did not want XOC to be party to.

So you knew why the threads were moved yet you still called foul for "not being told" WTF.

Like I stated above.. I do not care if you have complaints about Calmini or any other vendor. BUT KEEP THE LEGAL CRAP OFF THIS BOARD please.
What I wrote: "I didn't check my PM's until I saw your post directed at me. At that point my second post had already disappeared and I posted the "thanks carlton post"

Should have read "and THEN I posted the"

All together now:
"I didn't check my PM's until I saw your post directed at me. At that point my second post had already disappeared and THEN I posted the "thanks carlton post"

Sorry no BS here smile

#205470 - 09/12/04 09:07 PM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
XmtbX00 Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]I highly doubt any attorney would be excited by a $300 small claims case.

Making it that NO posts involving legal matters are posted on the board makes it easy not to discriminate about what is o.k. to discuss and what is not o.k.

Hell lawyers sue for all kinds of crazy shit and I am not looking to involve XOC in any of them.[/b]
My re-post following YOUR guidlines above was also deleted. There was no mention of legal action in the most recently deleted post. Please tell me why it was deleted this time?

#205471 - 09/12/04 09:12 PM Re: Calmini refuses to refund my deposit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dude, you don't get it [Huh?] . I'm not going to allow you to have multiple threads on the same topic scattered throughout this site. This is your official thread about your $300. Now quit fu*king posting in other forums mad

Happy Holidays

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal