Quote:
Originally posted by FANOF5:
there is nothing wrong with being anti-war mobycat. nobody wants war, but sometimes there is no other solution. i just don't like the bashing of the people who have to go and fight those wars, and then listening to the people who have nothing to do with the military bitching about us going there and doing it. do i agree with the Liberia incident, i can't say, because i am not there and i do not know what is going on behind the scenes, unless you are directly involved with the situation, either in the White House or there in Liberia, how can you say what is best for the people of Liberia or say that we should not be there. how many people here are truly educated about the Liberian issue, other then what is put out on CNN of FOX NEWS? if you are, i would love to know the true story about Liberia, becasue there is a chance i might get deployed to that region.
I agree, but the problem is that some people seem to think being anti-war is being anti-soldier, which it's not. I still leaning toward the view that we didn't need to go into Iraq. However, I WILL support the troops and the task that has been handed to them. I don't have to accept that they were sent there in the first place.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist