shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#205959 - 09/05/06 12:25 PM Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Are you kidding?? Its biggest advance is its controller that can be swung around the room to imitate a bat or a club? OK...time for Nintendo to drop hardware and go solely to software...
Wii

#205960 - 09/05/06 02:27 PM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
wow... you must not have watched the Press Event... the vast majority of peopel who watched (myself included) thought very highly of Wii... and more importantly acknowledged that it blew the Sony Press Event and presentation out of the water

#205961 - 09/05/06 02:57 PM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
I think Sony has screwed up on this one. Once the fanboy rush is over, I think their sales are going to tank. And I think Nintendo stands to make significant headway - they have the price point and they are targeting non-gamers. Not everyone wants to commit 3,000 button combinations to memory to play a game or have fun.

Heck, I can get a 360 and a Wii for a PS3 - may be just what I do...

#205962 - 09/05/06 03:44 PM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
Todrick Offline

that is what i am doing.

Sony has nothing I want... especially at that price.

#205963 - 10/05/06 03:05 PM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
I'm with Splaind on this one. That new Wiinis controller thing is flat out goofy. Of course, I'm also of the opinion that 90% of those games on the DS are goofy too - and way, way, way to child oriented for adults.

Petting a virtual dog with a pen? Blowing into a microphone to 'simulate' CPR? Errrr......no thanks.

I like sports titles, more adult themed games like GTA and first person shooters, so Nintendo is about as far away from my gaming needs as a company can get.

And P.S. - what's the countdown at until we see a video appear on the internet where some guy sucessfully plays a Nintendo game with the wiinis shoved half way up his ass?

#205964 - 10/05/06 08:44 PM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Non-gamers shouldn't be critics.

The best games of 2004 and 2005 were on the Cube and PS2. The best games next year will be on Wii and the PS3. Unless of course you define best as "the same old fucking sports and shooter titles ported over from the PC", in which case, Xbox 360 is for you.

#205965 - 11/05/06 08:48 AM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
Todrick Offline

i think you're a little off base, Ian.

After watching the E3 Press events, I think you are over rating PS3, at this point it is a ps2 on steroids with a 'me too' controller they couldn't figure out how to make work properly.

But I agree completely about Wii... Hands down it will have the best game play... Problem is silly 'gamers' think its all about the graphics and will bitch about Wii for that reason...

Oh Well, ignorance is bliss

#205966 - 11/05/06 08:57 AM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
Anonymous
Unregistered

The PS1,2 and now 3 controllers are the best out there. They are a lot more comfortable then the xbox controller. The games on PS have always been better then xbox to which is why I will go with PS3. PS1, PS2 never failed me and I doubt PS3 will do so either. Wii does look like and interesting system but I don't need my controllers and games dumbed down (this will go over big for the non hardcore gamers but I enjoy tons of control).

#205967 - 11/05/06 09:22 AM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
OK, so to break it down:

Nintendo is still for kids (I'm still pissed when they took the blood out of Mortal Combat)

Sony expects everyone to have an unlimited cash flow to spend on overpriced hardware that will most likely be worthless (blueray) with everyone going to HD.

The 360 now has the GTA series first and will have the most next gen games along with the option to add the hd player later on.

I think my son has a long time until he's playing games, so I'll wait on getting him the Wii. Maybe the next Nintendo system after this... that is if this one does good and they stay in business.

#205968 - 11/05/06 09:33 AM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mostly_Harmless:
The PS1,2 and now 3 controllers are the best out there. They are a lot more comfortable then the xbox controller.
The PS and PS2 (same controller-another waste) are too early Nineties and aren't even close to the same comfort as the Xbox, unless you've morphed your hands and fingers from playing so much. Matter of fact, that's one of the reasons I didn't buy the PS2 after I had the PS because I hated the controller in the first place... why would I want it on a new system? The PS3 controller is tbd though... it looks like it should be pretty comfortable.

#205969 - 11/05/06 09:39 AM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
Todrick Offline

the PS3 looks just like the ps2 Dual shock, the boomerang prototype was scrappe dwhen the pictures got bad reactions from netgeeks... but its not... when they heard Wii was motion sensitive they jumped on th e'me too' badwagon... in there Keynote Sony saqid that the controller did not have Vibration because the motion sensor technology was too complicate dot support it...

Problem is the following day Nintendo introduced the Wii Nunchuck... 2 seperate motion sensing controllers... both with Vibration and also with 'Depth of soud'...

Sony got Owned

#205970 - 11/05/06 10:26 AM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sony got owned? Nah.

Nintendo is doing what it always does, go against the norm. The problem is that it has never worked for them. After Super Nintendo (maybe 64), Nintendo's market was it's fan boys. While Sony and Sega turned to games on CD's Nintendo decided to stick to cartridges. Developers didn't like it and so 64 suffocated itself. Then we move on to the next generation of gaming machines, Game Cube, to which once again it went against the norm. Who brought it? The Nintendo fan boys. Now I will say that they might have hit on something new with Wii, appealing to the simpled minded. If it will succeed is yet to be scene.

Sony on the other hand has always been in the front of innovation. They were the first game system which allowed you to played previous generation of games on the newest system. This gave the PS buyers a huge range of titles to choose from. I think that sticking to the same controller from PS1 to PS2 was a smart idea. There was no new learning curve. On PS3 I believe they will be the leader again. Being that it is still a while away I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the pricing on it. Although just about all my gaming is done on computers I will still purchase the PS3. I was never let down by PS1 or PS2 and I highly doubt I will be on PS3.

#205971 - 11/05/06 10:32 AM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Sony expects everyone to have an unlimited cash flow to spend on overpriced hardware that will most likely be worthless (blueray) with everyone going to HD.
I don't have unlimited cash flow and I'll still buy it.

Got any proof that everyone's going to HD-DVD?

#205972 - 11/05/06 11:12 AM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fried Rice Mofo:
Got any proof that everyone's going to HD-DVD?
The best proof so far is Atrac3, minidisk and laserdisks. How'd they do? Anwyay, it's all speculation, but just do some searching on the net. The majority believe that HD will be next. The real decider will be Microsoft and their next version of Windows. Gee, I wonder what that will be.

#205973 - 11/05/06 11:30 AM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
the PS3 looks just like the ps2 Dual shock, the boomerang prototype was scrappe dwhen the pictures got bad reactions from netgeeks
OMFG, you're right! Sony definitely did get owned because of all the whiners w/ morphed hands are too afraid of improving things. I did not know they scraped this idea which is what I was talking about in my previous statement:

XBox will definitely once again win the comfort factor over the 10+ year old design:

Why not just go with this:

[img]http://img.engadget.com/common/images/1757766008819633.JPG?0.21258012142042337[/img]

[LOL]

#205974 - 11/05/06 11:33 AM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
Todrick Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Quote:
Originally posted by Fried Rice Mofo:
[b]Got any proof that everyone's going to HD-DVD?
The best proof so far is Atrac3, minidisk and laserdisks. How'd they do? [/b]
Don't forget UMD and Beta

#205975 - 11/05/06 11:35 AM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
Todrick Offline

Quote:
Sony got owned? Nah.
absolutely... they had a brilliant design and when they learned nintendo was going motion sensitive they scrapped that design and attempted to one up nintendo by being the first company to announce motion sensitivty... which they were.

BUT, they could not figure out the technology to make a controller motion sensitive and vibrate... and told the world it was too complicate to do... the next day nintendo announced they had done it, plus added depth of sound and an additional motion sensing unit.

add to that their cute demo using a rubber ducky as a violent killing machine... the following day at the MS Keynote...
The head of the Xbox division pulled up his sleeve to show off his Halo2 Tattoo...
"Some guys have rubber ducks, some guys have tattoos... you all thought it was fake last year didn't you... I have a new one to show you"
he pulled up his other sleeve revealing his Grand Theft Auto IV tat and went on to explain their exclusive agreement with Rockstar...

it was not a good day for sony

#205976 - 12/05/06 03:10 PM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Sony got owned? Nah.
absolutely... they had a brilliant design and when they learned nintendo was going motion sensitive they scrapped that design and attempted to one up nintendo by being the first company to announce motion sensitivty... which they were.

BUT, they could not figure out the technology to make a controller motion sensitive and vibrate... and told the world it was too complicate to do... the next day nintendo announced they had done it, plus added depth of sound and an additional motion sensing unit.

add to that their cute demo using a rubber ducky as a violent killing machine... the following day at the MS Keynote...
The head of the Xbox division pulled up his sleeve to show off his Halo2 Tattoo...
"Some guys have rubber ducks, some guys have tattoos... you all thought it was fake last year didn't you... I have a new one to show you"
he pulled up his other sleeve revealing his Grand Theft Auto IV tat and went on to explain their exclusive agreement with Rockstar...

it was not a good day for sony[/b]
A fine example of MS strong arming... I'm suprised MS hasn't gotten a patent on prorietary and exclusive

#205977 - 13/05/06 12:04 AM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
Todrick Offline

?

what in THE hell are you talking about?

#205978 - 14/05/06 08:08 PM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
"Mommy, I'm going over to Billy's house to play with his Wii."

Yeah, that's going to go over well.

I can't imagine any of the current console crop doing too well.

#205979 - 15/05/06 12:53 AM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
Todrick Offline

360 will do well with the integration of
Live Anywhere... should it actually work... and WHEN, if ever Vista actually comes to market

#205980 - 15/05/06 09:02 AM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
?

what in THE hell are you talking about?
Sorry but it just pisses me off whenever I see microsoft getting something exclusively for them, because they do that ALL the time. It's their main maketing strategy, lock you(individual or consumer) into them, and only them. Embrace, Extend, Extinguish.

#205981 - 15/05/06 09:04 AM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
Todrick Offline

but you are not mad at the metal gear or Final Fantasy Franchises?

if your gonna be outraged, at least be consistant.

little off topic... does that mean you also dispise Apple and all of their products/

#205982 - 15/05/06 11:38 AM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
little off topic... does that mean you also dispise Apple and all of their products/
LOL, I was just thinking the exact same thing. [ThumbsUp] That is exactly how Apple is set up.

BTW, I want to play "MLB 06 The Show" on my 360, but can't because it's only exclusive to Playstation. Are you pissed about that too, Chris?

#205983 - 15/05/06 12:15 PM Re: Nintendo announces info on its newest stinking pile of crap...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Microsoft pissed me off even before the launch of the Xbox. If you were a PC game player then maybe you remember the way they hyped Halo as a PC game in all the gaming rags for several months. Then after they had gotten all the press and gotten all the PC gamers excited they pulled the bait and switch, anouncing it would be available only on the Xbox.

Sony has thousands of titles for the PS and PS2 this is true. The big problem there is you have to sift through about 100 POS games to find one single gem.

Nintendo has been kid/family geared since the start. The number of titles is limited for sure but luckily a high percentage of them are very fun and playable games.

I will be interested to see how this generation plays out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal