shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#206112 - 22/04/03 06:04 AM WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/22/sprj.irq.war.main/index.html

You know what... F*ck them all! Pieces of shit, no gratitude motherf*ckers! I hope we pull out, Saddam is alive, and, takes control back, and starts killing those f*cks left and right!!!!

Forget all this foreign policy bullshit, it's time we just clam up our borders and f*ck everybody else.....

#206113 - 22/04/03 06:06 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Samueul Offline

This just goes to show that religion has no place in modern society. Any society that truly wants to progress needs to shrug off all religious bullshit....

#206114 - 22/04/03 06:18 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Trihead Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
I find it interesting that anyone with knowledge of the region would have thought that there would be lasting gratitude if any at all.

#206115 - 22/04/03 06:44 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
nolarocks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
I don't remember them asking the US to "help" them.

"Forget all this foreign policy bullshit, it's time we just clam up our borders and f*ck everybody else....."

I totally agree with everything to the f*ck part. I can't imagine why we are so committed to Iraq's well being and not our own. Except for their resources, of course.

Check out this week's Tom Tomorrow cartoon.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" - The C man

I also have some waterfront property for sale on the lakefront in Louisiana!! (NOLA) Just kidding

#206116 - 22/04/03 07:05 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
This just goes to show that religion has no place in modern society. Any society that truly wants to progress needs to shrug off all religious bullshit....
WRONG! Sorry, please try again. It is true that religion has no place in government institutions or the government establishment and that Islamic states like Iran are the threat. The United States is made up of predominantly religious people, but you still have the right to not believe in a deity if you so desire. No one is trampling on your rights. Your implication that we all have to become close minded atheists in order to evolve really shows how much you have in common with the Ayatollas.
Ayatolla = radical religious based government.
Samuel = radical ANTI-religion based government.

Thanks for playing!
[Finger]

#206117 - 22/04/03 07:23 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Most of this anti-American shit in Iraq is originating in Tehran, Iran. They are inciting the people to form an Islamic state.

Iran’s hardline spiritual leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei set up a supreme security council to formulate a plan to prevent or foil the Americans. Palestinian groups and Syrian controlled Hezbollah are involved also.

To make matters worse, The French have been in Tehran convincing the Shi'ite Muslim clerics to contact their counterparts in Iraq to incite the people to rise up in protest against the Americans.

These Iraqi's are performing the ritual of slicing your head open with a sword. Isn't Islam wonderful?

Quote:
Iraqi Shiite pilgrims slash open their heads with swords as they march and chant in front of Imam Hussein Shrine in Karbala, Iraq Tuesday, April 22, 2003. Hundreds of thousands of Shiite pilgrims marched to this city's holy shrine Tuesday to mark the death of one of their most revered saints, chanting, swaying, even cutting their bodies in an emotional ritual that had been banned for decades under Saddam Hussein

#206118 - 22/04/03 07:38 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/22/sprj.irq.war.main/index.html

You know what... F*ck them all! Pieces of shit, no gratitude motherf*ckers! I hope we pull out, Saddam is alive, and, takes control back, and starts killing those f*cks left and right!!!!

Forget all this foreign policy bullshit, it's time we just clam up our borders and f*ck everybody else.....
I thought the point of the war was liberation, not occupation.

What's the problem? For months leading up to the war, the US fell over itself, adamantly expressing a desire to liberate Iraq, not control it.

So now the Iraqi citizens want the Americans to leave? Fuck me, isn't that what the Americans told the Iraqis they were going to do?

Okay, both sides have vastly different timelines (and the Iraqis do seem impatient), but come on, America promised to give the country back to the Iraqis.

They're not ungrateful. They've been ruled by a murderous tyrant for so long, they're anxious for a little self-rule right now. Wouldn't you be?

Fuck 'em all, eh, Samueul?

#206119 - 22/04/03 07:40 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
Quote:
WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
They got wrapped up in the riot, they don't like us but they're not as bad as the news makes it sound. People here are grateful to America for getting rid of Saddam, and as soon as we reconnect all the utilities we desrtoyed in the war they'll be alot more willing to show how grateful they are.

It's just like in America you can't judge the 90% of the good citizens by the actions of the 10% vocal extremeists.

Xterra101.com

#206120 - 22/04/03 07:54 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I agree with Samueul. Ungrateful SOB's. Their US cheers lasted a long time, eh? What, one day?

Which is a better life?

Living under Saddam Hussein or living in a religious-run government like the Taliban where they cut your hands/head off for playing music? Religion has NO place in a democratic-style government that we are trying to establish.

If we let these religious whackos get a hold in Iraq, we will be back in ten years fighting them (i.e. like the Taliban).

What needs to be done is the US declare marshall law in Iraq ASAP. Set up curfews. No organized anti-US rallys. Like what was done in Germany after WWII. Stop these mulahs from brain-washing the people and riling (sp?) them up with the anti-US rhetoric. They don't even have electricity back yet and they are spouting off about the US eek . Which is it, they want us to protect their banks, hospitals, museums, etc. or they want us to get the F out? You cannot have it both ways. If it were not for the US they would all of be shot right now.

We need to stay in Iraq to make sure another Iran does not sprout up. Bottom line.

Stone

#206121 - 22/04/03 07:59 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Don't believe the hype. This is a power struggle between the different factions within Iraq. The Shi'ite's (with outside help from Iran) are using religion as a front to aquire position/status/power in any future Iraq government. Pure and simple.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#206122 - 22/04/03 08:00 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Samueul Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Andre the Giant:
Quote:
[b]This just goes to show that religion has no place in modern society. Any society that truly wants to progress needs to shrug off all religious bullshit....
WRONG! Sorry, please try again. It is true that religion has no place in government institutions or the government establishment and that Islamic states like Iran are the threat. The United States is made up of predominantly religious people, but you still have the right to not believe in a deity if you so desire. No one is trampling on your rights. Your implication that we all have to become close minded atheists in order to evolve really shows how much you have in common with the Ayatollas.
Ayatolla = radical religious based government.
Samuel = radical ANTI-religion based government.

Thanks for playing!
[Finger] [/b]
I never said a damn thing about my rights or yours to express oneself religiously. I SAID that religion has done more harm to the progress of society than help... Prove me wrong please???

#206123 - 22/04/03 08:02 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Samueul Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Quote:
[b] http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/22/sprj.irq.war.main/index.html

I thought the point of the war was liberation, not occupation.

What's the problem? For months leading up to the war, the US fell over itself, adamantly expressing a desire to liberate Iraq, not control it.

So now the Iraqi citizens want the Americans to leave? Fuck me, isn't that what the Americans told the Iraqis they were going to do?

Okay, both sides have vastly different timelines (and the Iraqis do seem impatient), but come on, America promised to give the country back to the Iraqis.

They're not ungrateful. They've been ruled by a murderous tyrant for so long, they're anxious for a little self-rule right now. Wouldn't you be?

Fuck 'em all, eh, Samueul?[/b]
Graham, speak to me about occupation after several years, not a few weeks.... If we are still "managing" things over there after a few years, then I'll agree.

#206124 - 22/04/03 08:06 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Samueul Offline

To All,

I know that most may not feel that way, but it just completely pisses me off that even a few, cannot realize that they could not do their little pilgrimage until the "Coalition" unseated Saddam. It is the purest form of biting the hand that feeds you, and I have every right as an American, and a Veteran to be pissed off as hell, that these same fucks would chant that type of shit... Maybe the goal wasn't "liberation" hell I've been saying it from the start that our top priority wasn't "liberation" but the fact is, we did liberate them, and now they can do things they haven't been able to do for 25 years, and we get "Die America!" for our efforts.... Fuck em!

#206125 - 22/04/03 08:12 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Graham, speak to me about occupation after several years, not a few weeks.... If we are still "managing" things over there after a few years, then I'll agree.
Samueul, I'm not disagreeing with you that it is perfectly acceptable for the US to still be there.

The utilities need to be restored, the local police force needs to be re-established, the local governments need to be put back into place, safety and security needs to be looked after . . .

All I'm saying is that I am not all that surprised, and not in any way concerned by the demonstrations. Fuck, Samueul, I'm more surprised that you were caught offguard by them!

Do you think it's really all that unrealistic for them to be fairly anxious to rule themselves? I don't. Do I think the US Army needs to be out of Iraq? Not yet. Would do more harm than good for the Iraqi people.

Of course there are going to be demonstrations. You really thought is was just going to be one big "I love America!" sit-in?

#206126 - 22/04/03 08:14 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Must stay away from political/religious debates. Must stay away........
laugh

#206127 - 22/04/03 08:14 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Samueul Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Graham, speak to me about occupation after several years, not a few weeks.... If we are still "managing" things over there after a few years, then I'll agree.
Samueul, I'm not disagreeing with you that it is perfectly acceptable for the US to still be there.

The utilities need to be restored, the local police force force needs to be re-established, the local governments need to be put back into place, safety and security needs to be looked after . . .

All I'm saying is that I am not all that surprised, and not in any way concerned by the demonstrations. Fuck, Samueul, I'm more surprised that you were caught offguard by them!

Do you think it's really all that unrealistic for them to be fairly anxious to rule themselves? I don't. Do I think the US Army needs to be out of Iraq? Not yet. Would do more harm than good for the Iraqi people.

Of course there are going to be demonstrations. You really thought is was just going to be one big "I love America!" sit-in?[/b]
No, you're right, I am just irrated today, and this article pissed me off is all. None of what they are doing surprises me, I guess I just hoped it would be different this time.......

#206128 - 22/04/03 08:15 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Samueul Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Must stay away from political/religious debates. Must stay away........
laugh [/b]
LOL, I was just going to post that! Need to take my own advice huh?!

#206129 - 22/04/03 08:22 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
I would tend to defer to Kerensky on this one since he is seeing it first hand. (right?) Mob rule is a pretty powerful tool. Especially in a society whee newfound freedoms are suddenly thrust upon you. I liken it to a kid who turns 21 and can drink for the first time. He gets piss drunk and passes out because he doesnt know his limits or when to say when because he has no reference point from which to begin. So his authority figures need to pick him up, dust him off and try to guide him in the best way possible. We werent there to guide them as "teens", so it will take a while to 'smarten' them up.

I would try to work with the clerics and religous people as much as possible. Use muslim soldiers wherever possible if they have to try to make some kind of connection. And get the infrastructure back up and running as quickly as possible.

#206130 - 22/04/03 08:31 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
NY Madman Offline

Let's not forget our irresponsible media loves to report on shit like this and make a big deal of it.

I am sure most Iraqi's do not want an Islamic government. The smart ones know it would be worse than Saddam's government.

We have to do something about these fucking Imam clerics causing trouble though. We also have to stop the outside interference.

#206131 - 22/04/03 09:04 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
NY Madman Offline

It seems we may have to fight Iranian troops.

According to the link below thousands of troops have infiltrated Iraq from Iran.

Read it.. it's fucked up.

http://www.debka.com/article.php?aid=473

#206132 - 22/04/03 11:48 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Andre the Giant Offline

Samueul, Most of our basic laws and freedoms are based on religious ideals. Even something as simple as the ancient practice of only eating "Kosher" food is a religious principal that aimed to keep the population from eating food that might be tainted or rotten. Most of our charities are religion based, (I have never seen an Atheist homeless shelter, or an Atheist mission to Africa to help those suffering from AIDS) Based on this and many other factors, its hard for me to believe that lack of religion would lead to a more intelligent, harmonious society... It would most likely lead to a society of selfish, greedy materialists who's sole motivation in life is to get one more thrill before they die.

Its your turn... describe to me just how a completely secular society would be superior to one such as ours.

(Unless you want to put an end to this line of discussion, in which case I'll gladly agree with some of what you say... I just like playing the "devil's" advocate.)

#206133 - 22/04/03 11:50 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Andre the Giant Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Must stay away from political/religious debates. Must stay away........
laugh [/b]
LOL, I was just going to post that! Need to take my own advice huh?![/b]
laugh I made no such promise... Lucky me! [Wave]

#206134 - 22/04/03 12:02 PM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Andre the Giant:
It would most likely lead to a society of selfish, greedy materialists who's sole motivation in life is to get one more thrill before they die . . .
Thank God we don't have that now . . .

#206135 - 22/04/03 12:20 PM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
nolarocks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
no $h!t

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" - The C man

I also have some waterfront property for sale on the lakefront in Louisiana!! (NOLA) Just kidding

#206136 - 22/04/03 12:28 PM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Andre the Giant Offline

Yeah, it made me laugh, so I thought I'd share the ironic humor with all of you. All Atheists should love the society we live in. Fortunately for them/you, the greed and selfishness is blamed solely on the Republicans. [LOL]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal