shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#206137 - 22/04/03 12:42 PM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Andre the Giant:

Its your turn... describe to me just how a completely secular society would be superior to one such as ours.
I'm sure he didn't mean to criticize all religions per se...

Maybe he was afraid to outright critcize Islam. After all, the lefties would jump all over him and call him a bigot.

It is pure idiocy to compare the state of current day Islam to any other religion.

Until there is a mass global reformation in Islam it will always be a huge problem. That's a fact of life and people better start realizing it instead of always sugar coating its problems.

At any given time there are roughly 20 something wars or conflicts going on in the world. Over 90% are because Muslims cannot live with any other kind of people. Some conflicts are them killing each other. We may see some of that in Iraq.

But hey.. Isn't multiculturalism wonderful?

#206138 - 22/04/03 06:20 PM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Funny, I am atheist but by no means selfish or greedy. How can I be that way and be an atheist? How is it that I am able to be caring, grateful, humble, etc. without the taint of religion? I love my wife, I am faithful, I am responsible, blah blah blah, yet I am not religious? I am quite sure there are many many more who fit the role even more so than I, yet they are probably very good people... I think religion just like race, etc.. is a hurdle we need to overcome. Religion whether you practice it or not, is not crucial to the betterment of our society as a whole. I truly believe that... I am not saying it should be outlawed, you do what makes you happy, but it should not come up every time a society impacting issue arises....

edited to add - sorry for the late reply, I had to drive to New Jersey for the week, and I am now in my hotel room frown At least they gave me free high speed access while I am here. smile

#206139 - 22/04/03 07:57 PM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Quote:

It is pure idiocy to compare the state of current day Islam to any other religion.

Until there is a mass global reformation in Islam it will always be a huge problem. That's a fact of life and people better start realizing it instead of always sugar coating its problems.

At any given time there are roughly 20 something wars or conflicts going on in the world. Over 90% are because Muslims cannot live with any other kind of people. Some conflicts are them killing each other. We may see some of that in Iraq.

But hey.. Isn't multiculturalism wonderful?
Very well put!! Religon is doing more evil today than it is doing good. Muslims wanting to kill americans so they can die as martyrs, Catholic priests molesting young children, the Jews and the Palenstinians taking turns bombing each other and bull-dozing down houses, religous freaks kidnapping young girls and trying to make them their brides....ect..ect..ect.. Actually, when has religon done more good than bad?? I don't need it thank you!

#206140 - 22/04/03 08:37 PM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
nolarocks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
it's such ashame religion has been hijacked by idiots. and why is it so easy for them to use politics in the name of religion. fear? power?

the problems of the world today are not caused by spirituality and faith in something, they are caused by people who inflict their will on others in the name of "religion".

if you believe in the concept of heaven/hell, i think it is easy to imagine where these 'leaders' will be going. if for nothing else than their gross hypocrisy.

hate and striking out against others are purely non-spiritual in any religion. always.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" - The C man

I also have some waterfront property for sale on the lakefront in Louisiana!! (NOLA) Just kidding

#206141 - 24/04/03 04:24 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
Quote:
Originally posted by nolarocks:
it's such ashame religion has been hijacked by idiots. and why is it so easy for them to use politics in the name of religion. fear? power?

the problems of the world today are not caused by spirituality and faith in something, they are caused by people who inflict their will on others in the name of "religion".

if you believe in the concept of heaven/hell, i think it is easy to imagine where these 'leaders' will be going. if for nothing else than their gross hypocrisy.

hate and striking out against others are purely non-spiritual in any religion. always.
Very true, and it's not just Islam that has its idiots, Christianity has the KKK and Jerry Falwell. Ask any muslim in america if he thinks it's ok to murder. I'm sure the answer is no, even outside the US almost all religious people think that killing is wrong no matter what the reason. But you get a few maniacs screeming for American Blood and suddenly a whole religion is "Evil".

Funny this kind of ties in with the Bush/Hitler thread in the "Club House", you get a few charismatic people to get a mob going and the rest will follow.

But when the mob dispurses(sp?) people go home and think, "Why did I say kill america? I'd never do anything like that."

Well that's my $.02

Xterra101.com

#206142 - 24/04/03 08:34 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kerensky97:
Funny this kind of ties in with the Bush/Hitler thread in the "Club House", you get a few charismatic people to get a mob going and the rest will follow.

But when the mob dispurses(sp?) people go home and think, "Why did I say kill america? I'd never do anything like that."
Kinda like at a Quiet Riot reunion tour at a state fair . . .

The crowd of people gets into it, next thing you know, you're banging your head and screaming, "Metal health will drive you mad!! Quiet Riot rules!" . . .

But the next day, when your neck is sore, you realize, "Wait . . . what was I screaming last night? Oh, man, that's not right . . . "

Mob mentality is weird . . .

#206143 - 24/04/03 09:08 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
Just as a parting shot about religion and how it interacts with government....

Here are a couple of examples of secular governments that suppress all religious input.

1) The Soviet Union
2) China

Hmmm. Not exactly utopian societies, right?

Then we have some religious states.

1) Iran
2) Afganistan

Hmmm. They aren't much different are they?

#206144 - 24/04/03 09:35 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Just as a parting shot about religion and how it interacts with government....

Here are a couple of examples of secular governments that suppress all religious input.

1) The Soviet Union
2) China

Hmmm. Not exactly utopian societies, right?

Then we have some religious states.

1) Iran
2) Afganistan

Hmmm. They aren't much different are they?
The only flaw I'd say is that China and the Soviet Union attempt(ed) to suppress religion in everything, not just government. Religion *should* be supressed in government activities. Personal activities it should not - it's up to individual.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#206145 - 24/04/03 09:43 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
GrayHam Offline

China and Russia didn't suppress religion or abandon totalitarian religious rule, they disguised it.

In Iran and Afghanistan, the Ayatollah rules according to the will of Allah . . .

In Russia and China, the Politburo rules according to the will of Communism . . .

The State is the godhead in Russia and China. People worship the state.

#206146 - 24/04/03 09:58 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Andre the Giant Offline

Yeah, its kinda like... Everyone has their own God. Whether it be a Jewish guy on a cross, the pyramid on the back of a $1 bill, communism, or Atheism. So , #1, how can you totally eliminate religion from government? #2, aren't you just replacing the "christian" religious influence with the fanatical "Athiest" religious influence? And #3, How far do you go to eliminate religious beliefs in government?

If you have a moment, please peruse the following article and tell me how the school system can be justified. Teacher cannot wear cross necklace to school. They might have a point if this chick was dragging a 4 foot cross to work with her every day. But shit... I know people who think quartz crystals will give them power and feed their auras. They wear quartz pendants around their necks all the time. That's religion. Shouldn't schools suspend or fire them as well?

#206147 - 24/04/03 10:04 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

If you have a moment, please peruse the following article and tell me how the school system can be justified.
It's an example of the sad state of American education. It's controlled by psychotic liberals.

If that teacher brought in deviant sex manuals or copies of the Koran she would have been applauded by school officials.

We live in a sick world.

#206148 - 24/04/03 10:08 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
If you have a moment, please peruse the following article and tell me how the school system can be justified. Teacher cannot wear cross necklace to school. They might have a point if this chick was dragging a 4 foot cross to work with her every day. But shit... I know people who think quartz crystals will give them power and feed their auras. They wear quartz pendants around their necks all the time. That's religion. Shouldn't schools suspend or fire them as well?
That's fucked up.

#206149 - 24/04/03 10:09 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Andre the Giant Offline

Quote:
"Goad said the law is meant to protect people of all faiths from being offended. The same law would prohibit a teacher from wearing a pendant or emblem related to witchcraft, for example."
Its a sad fucking day when the right of people to "not be offended" supercedes the right to free speech. News flash, there is no right of people to not be offended.

I'm offended by the notion of there being a right to not be offended... I think I'll sue. :rolleyes:

#206150 - 24/04/03 10:15 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:

If you have a moment, please peruse the following article and tell me how the school system can be justified.
It's an example of the sad state of American education. It's controlled by psychotic liberals.

If that teacher brought in deviant sex manuals or copies of the Koran she would have been applauded by school officials.

We live in a sick world.
Do you remember the story about the girl who got sent home because the rosary was viewed as a gang symbol at the school?

That in itself, I wouldn't know. But the funny thing is, this girl argued it was a part of her religion. OK...so she's Catholic.

But she was WEARING the rosary as a necklace. Any Catholic can tell you the rosary is NOT to be worn as a necklace.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#206151 - 24/04/03 11:16 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

Do you remember the story about the girl who got sent home because the rosary was viewed as a gang symbol at the school?
No ... don't remember that particular story.

Everyday there are stories about fucked up school administrators making ridiculous decisions. They should concentrate more on education and less on PC.

This is a good site to read some of these stories:

http://www.tonguetied.us/

You are right. The rosary is never meant to be worn around the neck.

#206152 - 30/04/03 01:08 AM Re: WTF! Death to America - No gratitude whatsoever!
Booya Offline

Loc: Utah
Quote:
Originally posted by Kerensky97:
...It's just like in America you can't judge the 90% of the good citizens by the actions of the 10% vocal extremeists.
Good point! ... take care over there and I hope to go wheelin' with you and the rest of the crew when you get back.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal